1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to identify a blow diode on a Insignia NS-R5101HD

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by dnuke88, Oct 20, 2012.

1. dnuke88

dnuke88 Member

The Receiver is a Insignia NS-R5101HD receiver. it turns on but only stay on for few seconds then goes to standby. i checked all the caps and replaced the main transistors but it was still the same and then looking closely on another PCB attached to the main board i found a brnt diode (i mean to a crisp) its a smd diode and i couldnt make out any marking and im trying to figure out what that diode might be to replace it i searched all over for a schematic and even emailed insignia tech support still no help so any one have an idea what it might be can i replace it with a common 1n4001 from radioshack

2. dnuke88

dnuke88 Member

i do have images but they wont let me post but the diode is right below a 153 smd resistor

3. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

4. aldan

aldan Active member

to test the diode you need a multimeter with a continuity function.since a diode only lets current flow one way,when you hook the red lead to one end and the black lead to the other either you will get a tone or not.reversing the leads will do the same.im sorry if this is hard to understand but suffice it to say that if the diode is good you will get a tone with the leads hooked up one way but not the other.if you get a tone both ways or not at all it is cooked.damn,took longer to explain it than test it.lol.