1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

trying to install XBMC via cd-r / cd-rw?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by damnative, Oct 27, 2004.

1. damnative

damnative Guest

I downloaded the xbmc.rar file, extracted it, created an iso out of the(folder) extracted xbmc files using Xiso Manager, burnt it to cd-r and cd-rw, then copied the iso to the hdd of the modded xbox using dvd2xbox... but ning ping no workee?
    What am i doing wrong? any help pls

2. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

Im not to familiar with accessing programs from cd-rws, but my suggestion, would be to extract all the contents of the iso onto your cpu, then ftp everthing onto the xbox hdd either in a folder of the e:/ or F:/ or g:/(if activated). That should work.:)

3. damnative

damnative Guest

Thanks ATIROCKS, I would definitely heed your advice bar one small problem i face- my very old (but still appreciated) pc is without pci card and my pockets, without penny's so for now I am bound to my burner and blank cd's...
    Do you think by copying the (extracted) xbmc folder, by way of cd, to the hdd that it might work the same?

4. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

np, Network cards are really inexpensive, here in Canada you can get one for $10-15 at a local best buy. If not, then you can try this. Burn xmbc onto a disc in a iso format, so your xbox will be able to read it. Now once it reads it launch the disc and you can use the program of the disc. Once that is complete and you would like to copy it to the hdd, you could use dvd2xbox, and copy all the files to a specific file for programs or wherever you want it. BUT WAIT....inorder to do that you would need to configure you .ini file, and to do that you need to ftp to the xbox, for that you need a network card..:(. Well, you could just launch it off the disc everytime until you get a network card!?

p.s: msg back if any problems!