1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to make back ups of 360 games, cant seem to do so

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by oh2bucs, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oh2bucs

oh2bucs Member

Okay, im sure someone else has had this problem before, and i am new to AfterDawn and this fourm... I obviously have came here because i need help, not because i want to get bashed for not using a search button... But if someone could be oh so kind enough to help me i would greatly appreciate it...

I have been trying to back up my Xbox 360 games, and before you ask yes my 360 is flashed. I am using a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-110d on Windows 7. I have Alcohol 120, CloneCD, IMGburn, as i have tried all of them... I am doing everything just the way i have read and seen on Youtube videos and what not... Setting my Layer break to 1913760 and using Dual Layer discs... They are Memorex DVD+R Dual Layer... Majority of the videos i have watched on how to do this have been using Verbatum disc. When i got my 360 the guy gave me 6 games all were back ups... 5 of them are on Verbatum disc, the other on a Memorex exactly like the ones i keep attempting to use. So far i have made about 11 or 12 coasters... So if ya'll wanna come through and kick it i have plenty of places to put our cups lol... Anyways, I burn them and it says it burnt successfully and IMGburn even varifies it correctly. But when i put it in my 360 it reads it as a DVD and when I press play DVD a white screen comes up with the Xbox 360 logo and that is as far as it will go... Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time in advance!

2. oh2bucs

oh2bucs Member

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, like i said im new, i think it was suppose to go in the Xbox 360 fourm... Ill go ahead and post it there too, what ever one is in the wrong spot just remove... Thanks

3. RastaDave

RastaDave Regular member

Edit your title anything like "I need help" or "help me" is against AD rules . We will need more detail of exactly what process you are taking to accomplish this . Otherwise we have no way of determining where it went wrong . Also I would start off by saying using Verbatim disc . But first tell us how you are making your backup before you waist good Verbatim discs .

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  4. oh2bucs

oh2bucs Member

Thanks, thats a start in the right direction... I am doing it just like this video says to do it... I cant seem to find any written instructions, i will continue to look for them though...

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-copy-burn-xbox-360-games-perfectly-every-time-272221/

5. oh2bucs

oh2bucs Member

Okay i cant find them so this is what i am doing, ill just type it out...

1. Opening IMGburn (also have tried CloneCD and Alcohol120 as well as a few others)
    2. Clicking "Write Image File To Disc"
    3. Selecting my source file (using the .dvd file)
    4. Setting the write speed (I have tried x2, 2.4, 4, and 8)
    5. Then starting my burn

It does how ever tell me every time
    "Write Speed Miscompare! - Wanted: 11,080 KB/s (8x), Got: 3,324 KB/s (2.4x)"
    EXCEPT when i put it on x2.4

Again i am using Memorex Dual Layer DVD+R x8...

I have also changed the layer break to 1913760, like almost all of the tutorials have told me to do so...

6. RastaDave

RastaDave Regular member

How are you getting your backups. Did you rip them yourself or online . Also what version ixtreme firmware do you have . And what are the game titles you are trying to burn . older version of ixtreme will not play newer wave games .

7. oh2bucs

oh2bucs Member

I have tried both online and ripping from hard copies... I'm not sure what kind of firmware as I did not flash it myself... the person I bought it from had already flashed it... I have tried numerous titles... ufc undisputed 2010... ncaa football 11... call of duty 4... to name a few... I have call of duty world at war, resident evil 5, grand theft auto 4, nhl 10, and halo 3 discs that are all back ups that the guy gave me with the system... they all work fine... last night when I typed out those instructions I attempted nba 2k10 so I could write out the instructions exactly as I was doing it and IT WORKED! I still need help though because this one was different. I went to go put the .dvd file as the source file and in the folder there was no .iso but there was a .mds and when I clicked the .dvd it told me I should of picked that file and put that one as the source file for me... but that is the only game that has that kinda file...

Thanks again

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  8. miketrev

miketrev Regular member

You need to do the following to get this fixed....

1) Dont use memorex, use verbatims as mentioned

2) Check your ISO's with ABGX before you burn

3) Check your firmware, you will probably have old firmware that wont play new drives. If you dont want to reflash your xbox drive, you will have to patch the disk to a lower wave (guides on here), this will get you banned though.

Mike

9. RastaDave

RastaDave Regular member

Always use the .DVD file . Try to find an other file , make sure it has the .DVD and .ISO or atleast the .iso . You could always use ABGX to make the .DVD file with just the iso . The only way to tell what version firmware you have is to take the drive out and use Jungleflasher the dump the firmware . But if you try to play a newer release game thats wave6 and it doesn't play you most likely have a older firmware . You could use a few different methods to play newer games like Active.iso or 360 Wave Patcher . This is not safe for online game play .

10. oh2bucs

oh2bucs Member

Dave i have it working, i am using the Active.iso and all the ones i thought were coasters are now working after that. Thank you very much for all your help. I really appreciate it, and you went about it the right way not just shunning me off because i am a noob. Thanks to you as well Mike...

11. RastaDave

RastaDave Regular member

No problem we were all noobs at one point . Dont play these online . If you want to play online flash your drive with the new ixtreme LT .

12. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.