1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to merge jpeg and avi onto svcd,need help.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by nyblue_71, Jan 30, 2005.

1. nyblue_71

nyblue_71 Member

Hi, I am trying to make a svcd using pictures in jpeg format and would like to add some short movie clips to it. My question is, what format must the video clip be in to make it play? I assume avi? I am using a sony dvd camcorder for my movie clips and a canon powershot digital camera for my pics,and also for small movie clips. I have nero 6 and roxio7 as well. I am a little confused as to what software application is better to use. If anyone knows of a really great photoslide show software,please let me know.Thanks,whatever help woudl be appreciated. The people in the forum have been a great help to me so far.I have mastered dvd back up with the help of everyone here,thanks!

2. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

Nero works well (it always does, just avoid using it to encode the movies!), I think. Simply drag-and-drop the jpegs into the project tracks, edit the pause with Properties (ALT+ENTER), change the default infinite 'pause after track' to some secondes (5 is the default), and go! When you've finished, you can press the burn button.
    But maybe a VCD is enough. Even hi-res images (1500x1000) can be added into it.

3. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

SVCD is mpeg 2 @ 480x480 aspect, not avi.
    Encode all your avi's to mpeg-2 SVCD in a good encoder (Mainconcept, tmpgenc, Canopus, CCE, QuEnc, whatever).
    Any good authoring app, will accept jpg and mpg, even Nerovision Express.

4. nyblue_71

nyblue_71 Member

Thanks. I had one more question. How about If I wanted to put it on dvd? Lets say I want to put my pictures(jpeg) and short movies (avi) on a dvd? Would I have to encode it to mpeg or would I be able to leave it in its current format? Thanks. If I can use dvd, I assume nero can do it?