1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to use GPOE to limit a particular users privilages

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by kangmoua, Jun 5, 2007.

1. kangmoua

kangmoua Member

im trying to edit the G.B.O in the M.M.C to try to limit a group i created, call it "untrusted user group" but i cant find the group in the browse function, itll only show me local machine (then it applies settings to admin too, these policies are really strict). Where are the user groups on the local machine located? Is it possible to do this? I dont have a network but i thought it might be clever to use this to restrict a users privilages.

2. kangmoua

kangmoua Member

im trying to edit the Group policy object editor in the Microsoft management console to try to limit a group of users i created, call it "untrusted user group" but i cant find the group in the browse function, itll only show me local machine (then it applies settings to admin too, these policies are really strict). Where are the user groups on the local machine located? Is it possible to do this? I dont have a network but i thought it might be clever to use this to restrict a users privilages.