1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ts-h652l DVD Burning Problem - please help

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by 1plus1, Jan 15, 2007.

1. 1plus1

1plus1 Guest

Hey forum folks!

I just posted this in the Nero section of the forum, which I think might have been a mistake once I found this seciton.

I'm stuck. I've been having a bit of a burning issue (video, data, isos, anything). My drive used to work fine (burned 4gb in 6 min), but about 2 weeks ago it started taking a long time to burn (usually 45 min for 4 gb of data). Nero, ImgBurn, CDBurnerXP, every program I use is having the same problem. The burn always succeeds, but always takes a long time. Nero says "6 min remaining", but it still takes forever. I've uninstalled & reinstalled Nero with no luck. I've heard that people have had this type of problem with Nero InCD, so I disabled that, with no luck.

I'm running an HP system, my drive is TSSTcorp cd/dvdw ts-h652l (16x +- RW), with plenty of HD space, RAM, & dual amd64 processors. My system is running perfectly otherwise, and it used to work just fine, so I can't seem to figure out what the problem is.

Please, ANY help would be appreciated.

Here's my last ImgBurn log file, if it's any help to anyone:
    It says "maximum write rate: 1.6x", which is weird concidering my drive is 16x & my media is 8x, no?

2. 1plus1

1plus1 Guest

My problem was solved on another forum. I had to uninstall all my IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers from Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager>IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, & let the OS reinstall them. Seems to have worked perfectly.