1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tsMuxeR Error

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by sharad456, Oct 28, 2009.

1. sharad456

sharad456 Member

Hey,

I got this error on 100% muxed:

Unsupported media type 15 for AVCHD/Blu-ray muxing

What is the problem? My file was MKV...

Regards,

2. Ogilvie

Ogilvie Guest

Which audio and video codecs were used in the MKV?

Which version of TSmuxer are you using?

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2009
  3. ven26t

ven26t Member

I have the same problem too, I'm using tsmuxer version 1.10.6 burning to avchd disc.

4. ven26t

ven26t Member

h.264 and aac codecs

5. Ogilvie

Ogilvie Guest

I think you'll find AVCHD doesn't support AAC. click on the AVCHD to read more about it. Try converting the AAC to AC3.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2009
  6. ven26t

ven26t Member

Yes I realised soon after, but the problem is nothing seems to convert it. What would be the best way?

7. Ogilvie

Ogilvie Guest

8. ven26t

ven26t Member

Thanks alot but I found a set up that finally works after toying around for hours :D

9. Ogilvie

Ogilvie Guest

How did you get it working?

10. smilad

smilad Member

I have been having the same error for days...

Please helppppppp!!!!

How did u work it out???

11. Ogilvie

Ogilvie Guest

@Smilad

Its unfortunate when people do not come back and explain how they got it working. I guess ven26t figured out a way to convert the aac to ac3.

Are you also starting with an MKV which contained AAC and H.264?

12. smilad

smilad Member

No. Actually it's an MP4 containing H.264 and ACC files... Any suggestions?!!

13. Ogilvie

Ogilvie Guest

The AAC file is the problem. AVCHD doesn't support it. (see above)

14. ven26t

ven26t Member

Sorry, It took me a while to respond but I've been really busy. So I had a movie in mkv with h.264 and AAC codecs. Yes so what I did was,I realised the audio codec AAC was not good for this so I used OJOsoft audio converter to convert it to AC3 and then I used mkvmerge to reencode the video with that audio stream. Then Tsmuxer worked fine and using imgburn I burned it as an AVCHD disk. The two main sources of errors for tsmuxer are incorrect codecs and also if the file size happens to be too big. As I precaution I generally used mkv video files that are 4gb or just a bit more. Although dvd's say they have 4.7gb of space using a 4.37gb movie already goes over its space. Anything under 4.10gb perhaps. I dont know the exact size you can't go over. Remember when you use imgburn the image file is processed a bit bigger as well.
    WOW, I realise this is long, hope it helps. :D

I found the programs and such on google and used this as well: http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/convert_mkv_to_avchd_for_ps3_and_blu-ray.cfm

15. smilad

smilad Member

Tried your method, everything seemed fine until played by BD player; audio is out of sync!!!

Have you got the same problem? Any advice?

16. ven26t

ven26t Member

Well I haven't encountered any sync issues using OJOsoft but perhaps something went wrong when u selected the settings? If anything u could always use some other audio converter and see if that works. Try not to burn anything until you're certain the everything is in sync when u play it.

17. smilad

smilad Member

When I play the file on my PC it works fine but once I burn it and play it w BD player, the audio starts shifting.

I didn't use MKVmerge to reencode the video/audio stream like u did because my file is MP4 not MKV so I just used TSMuxer directly. Do u think this is the problem?

Do u know any encoders that work with MP4? I tried Yamb but doesn't support AC3!

18. ven26t

ven26t Member

Actually it makes no difference if it's in mp4 format, just open mkvmerge add the video file u might have to select browse all files or something and then add the newly converted ac3 audio stream then deselect the old audio stream and move the new one up right under the video file. These two should be checkmarked and then it should reencode them into a new mkv file! :D

19. smilad

smilad Member

Okay. I used Mkvmerge and the output MKV file worked great on PC but again after burning DVD with imgburn and inserting it BDplayer sound starts shifting.

What settings r u using in ojosoft?

20. ven26t

ven26t Member

I use the default settings for changing it to "high quality" but I keep the number of channels the same by choosing original in the advanced settings.