1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tsotsi backs up with no sound?

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by DVDRyaN, Jan 8, 2007.

1. DVDRyaN

DVDRyaN Member

Hi, this is the first problem i've had in a looong time backing up movies. When I back up Tsotsi the picture is fine, even the menu has sound, but when the feature is playing it has no sound >.<
    come to think of it I havent checked extras for sound I usually get mad after it doesnt work and kill the disk.
    I've no idea whats wrong and get no error messages at all. Any and all help appretiated.

2. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

Hi DVDRyaN,

Great movie, I really enjoyed this one. I can see why it won Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film.

As I remember the soundtrack is African with English Subtitles. Actually they spoke in broken English/African so it was fairly easy to follow, but you still needed the subtitles turned on. Hope this helps.

3. DVDRyaN

DVDRyaN Member

Hmmm, well I did my job on the disk, I found it in the trash and tried to play it, no luck. I only remember making sure the subtitles were off >.< but I think I have tried subtitles on before.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  4. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

DVDRyaN,

I believe you would need to have the Afrikan soundtrack (main movie) on your backup or you won't have sound. I don't believe there was any English soundtrack on this one, except the special features and perhaps the director's commentary.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  5. DVDRyaN

DVDRyaN Member

ooops. yes I own the disk of course I wouldn't want to infringe on copyright laws ;)

anyhow, so what do you mean I need to have the African soundtrack on my backup? Like don't take it out on the first menu of CloneDVD2 or wat, confused I am.

6. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

DVDRyaN,

I hope you didn't get suspended because of this thread :)

I certainly don't care what people do in the privacy of their own homes. We are, however, under the scutiny of whomever happens to visit this site.

7. Ireeland

Ireeland Guest

omg my power went out just as i was about to click post reply.... arg. Anyway I just was saying something to the extent of how I didn't get suspended because of this thread but because of the lack of judgement on the behalf of the moderators. I got banned (probably by creeky) for quote "feeding a spammer". All I did was tell him to go away, my exact words were he doesnt know what he is talking about. So if anything I was discouraging other spammers not feeding one. Other people have done the same thing if not WORSE things and not been suspended. Another dude did the same thing on the same freakin thread BEFORE ME and didn't get banned or suspended!! I just find the level of hippocracy and unequality on this site rediculous. Also how would I get in contact with ireland I would like to make a formal complaint through an email or something, not just post my opinion, although I believe it to be important other people not be in the dark.... Ryan