1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TT big water cooler & overclocking xp 3000+

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Neo2120, Dec 22, 2004.

1. Neo2120

Neo2120 Member

I just got a new 3000+ barton and its locked as i thought it would be. I'm looking to overclock to 400mhz fsb so it would be in sync with the ram that i have.

The only problem is the multiplier is locked at 13 so in order for me to get that it would put my processor speed at 2.6 ghz im not going to bother to attempt this with air cooling because i cant afford another processor if i screw something up

My question is will the TT big water work well enough to go from 2.17 to 2.6ghz

and if it is what should be the max i set the vcore at?
    Thanks
    specs are in signature

2. Divinus

Divinus Guest

I'm not really sure how well they overclock, Neo. Let me recommend a good forum for you. These guys really really know their overclocking - to the T, so to speak. www.ocforums.com I learned everything I know from there. There are people there that may have the same setup as you and I'm sure they'd be able to help you with your inquery.

3. Neo2120

Neo2120 Member

I dont have the problem anymore.
    I used the speaker wire trick to unlock the multiplier surprisingly it was really easy and works perfectly, so now im just gonna get the water cooler to see how far i can go. I would like to get in the 2.6-2.8ghz range but dont really know.

Thanks for the info about the other forums they are pretty good