1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TuffDisc?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by orbiter5, Mar 1, 2005.

1. orbiter5

orbiter5 Regular member

Has anyone tried these TuffDisc Scratch Resistant 8x DVD-R, They are quite cheap at my local Disc suppliers £20.00 for 100

The dye is advertised as CMC.MAR.AE1

looking forward to your comments

TIA

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

CMC is crap check out this:http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm
    Youll find CMC in the 4th class media group.

3. orbiter5

orbiter5 Regular member

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Nope,I make it a point to stay away from CMC MAG.
    I read your link, and it sounds to me like, you'll have scratch resistant crap.JMO
    But go ahead and give it a try,then you can come back and say... you were wrong Jim,this is great stuff.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2005
  5. orbiter5

orbiter5 Regular member

Ok Ok.. So TuffDisc are crap.

How about the Datawrite Titanium Silver 8X DVD-R £10 for 50 disks. These have the MCC dye.

6. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

MCC=mitsubishi chemical company,It doesnt get much better than MCC.

7. orbiter5

orbiter5 Regular member

Thanks Jim for the advice. I'll place the order right now.

John

8. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Your welcome,let us know how they work for you.

9. orbiter5

orbiter5 Regular member

Will Do.

I must admit, I have used Datawrite yellow (V2's) -R before and only got 1 coaster from the 25 pack. I'm sure that disk was a failure because it was a test disk run through Nero DVD speed previously which meant that it was a failed disk from the start.

10. steve11

steve11 Member

i have just received some datawrite titaniums from ukdvdr and i dont think they are MCC,

CMC MAG AE1 , they are now being sold in 50packs and now have "TITANIUM" printed on the disk,

the first few in the pack look a bit flawed and unusable but further down they seem ok, i will post again with marks out of 10 as i have bought a lot!

as for tuff disk, i would steer clear of them, i bought a 100pk and most are unusable, they had TDK identifier codes but were overprints and very shoddy, i dont think i found one that wasnt marked in some way!

11. steve11

steve11 Member

Further to my datawrite post i have had a few problems with the titanium 50 packs! out of 200 i think i may have used 100 but the other 2 spindles must be something wrong with them

if i use them they seem to either error out
    (alcohol error message - write error lba 9 etc) or just dont work at all and lock up my computer!

i noticed that someone has posted someting similar on videohelp.com media section, anyone had this problem, i bought them from UKDVDR anout 1 month ago,

i dont seem to have much luck with ukdvdr at the mo, first bought the tuffdisk crap and now this, anyone uk has this problem, methinks i will change supplier for the time being!

12. orbiter5

orbiter5 Regular member

13. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

14. Tim79

Tim79 Member

Hi All,
    I actually use the memorex DVD+R media 8x write. I have used 60 disks and i have had absolutely no problem. The play excellent and the quality is brillent. They have written perfectly every time. I bought a 10 pack to try them out and they worked so well i went away and bought a 50 pack. No problems with any of them so i bought another 50 pack. I will update you if i have any problems with them.

15. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Tim,

Like it was just mentioned above, the brand "Memorex" means nothing, since it can be made by just about anyone. What is the media identified code of the discs you have bought?

16. Tim79

Tim79 Member

Don't know, I am at work so i will check when i get home and i will let you know as soon as possible. I am a newbie at this so i don't mean to step on anyone's toes. I would also like to say that this is the best site. It has helped me alot with my Backups, media and software choices. I will also check the inktype that was stated and let you know.

17. Tim79

Tim79 Member

Hi cd-rw.org, I have checked the disks and the ink is that crap one that everyone has been talking about. I have not had a problem as of yet but i think i will take your advice and change just as soon as i use up the ones that i have. I have heard alot about Verbatrim. i think that is the name. They are just after getting them in the shop by where i live and i was wondering if they are worth buying. Sorry it took so long for me to reply but i was away for the weekend.