1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tuninig in Starview box without scart

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by altecg, Jul 12, 2007.

1. altecg

altecg Guest

hello there wondering if anyone can help me i trying to tune my starview box into the tv without the scart cable anyone able to help
    for the life of me i cant seem to sort it lol

2. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

you put the cable from the wall in the cable input and your other cable from the cable output to the back of your tele.

3. altecg

altecg Guest

ok maybe i should have made it a bit clearer

i have done that but tc not picking it up
    nor does my other tv i tried it on
    is there any special settings in the settings that i need to change

4. ryanmg

ryanmg Guest

are you sure you have it in the cable out not the tv out.also check every channel.

5. myloyams

myloyams Regular member

Coax from wall goes to "cable input", on starview,"tv out" goes to back of tv. Turn on starview and put tv on auto scan, you'll have to look through every channel but it'll find it somewhere. You'll get picture but bad sound. when you have channels scanned into starview, go into "user setup", scroll to "modulator", select PAL-I/CH38.that'll sort out the sound problem, worked for me.

6. CITYFAN

CITYFAN Guest

HI, All,
    If you don't mind me saying, that i use a gold coloured tipped scart, and i have found it much better than the basic tv lead, you do get better picture quality.......with the scart lead.Try it and see..........

7. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

Ah I see city is splashing the cash . your right , the gold one is super !!

8. CITYFAN

CITYFAN Guest

Of course ! You even get better sound.......... Just had a call from a starview /the box supplier, "next week there is new software comin out" VERSION 5.
    did you hear anythin about it......

9. MAINAMN

MAINAMN Active member

no havnt heard anything yet. If its true. I wonder why because the clone's and original versions are fine

10. fergusrb

fergusrb Guest

There is no such thing as a v5 for starview there was as i said it was the v2.57eu renamed as the v5 and it is for clone boxes only your supplier is telling you lies why would there be another release there is nothing wrong with the v4 it autorolls and no freezing

11. CITYFAN

CITYFAN Guest

Thank's fergusrb,

I believe you mate, it's just that i sent that message to MAINAMN, before i sent you a PM.Codes hav'nt changed today...