1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turning DS into an Ipod?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by JohnH666, Apr 1, 2007.

1. JohnH666

JohnH666 Guest

Alright. I saw a few videos on youtube of people using their DS as an Ipod. I couldnt find out how to do it. So I was wonder if anyone here knew how. Help please?

2. kcajblue

kcajblue Regular member

if you mean by playing music on it.
    you can.

you would need a flashcart, some mp3's, and moonshell which is a DS app.

3. JohnH666

JohnH666 Guest

where would i get that cart thingy?

4. kcajblue

kcajblue Regular member

look at the stickied threads.
    there are good ones that explain everything you need.

5. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

John, I know wat ur talking about. I say those video's too. not 100% sure its real though. could have been a video or something.

6. JohnH666

JohnH666 Guest

no im positive there real, i saw a website of groups of people doing it at a competition thingy...

7. Silent_ds

Silent_ds Guest

I know what u been i heard people talk about about u need a Ecard or something to play music or videos on the ds but I never really seen a video or any proof about the only handheld device capable of that is the psp i dont know about the ds.

8. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

If you are refering to a video such s this:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=MUpAlKknlEQ

Then yes it is real, but from what I remember the project has been discontinued and the original download location removed, i'm sure if you look around you could find the file still. I havn't bothered looking as i'm happy using an actual Ipod (or my Zen) or if I have to listen on my DS then i'd use DSorganize or MoonShell.

9. Silent_ds

Silent_ds Guest

Okay Im going to go check it out, hey do u know whats the key word for this ds thing?

10. Silent_ds

Silent_ds Guest

ok I checked the nintendo ds I-pod clone and it really sucked it only had 4 songs and it didnt had no videos and the songs that were played sucked.

11. JohnH666

JohnH666 Guest

yeah that video. but i heard you can put what ever music you want on it

12. nitrous3

nitrous3 Regular member

like said above, it depends how much memory you put into the DS. not really worth putting too much into imo.

13. ukgtitch

ukgtitch Member

14. JohnH666

JohnH666 Guest

is there any way to get it on with out a ecart or whatever?

15. mr_hanky

mr_hanky Regular member

Dunno what the hell an ecart is meant to be, but chances are no. You need some form of running homebrew on the DS, this usually means buying a flash cart (either slot-1 or slot-2) such as the M3, EZFlash, G6 or Supercard.

If you happen to have a very old model of the original DS then you may be able to wirelessly send the homebrew to your DS, however you need to have a compatible wireless card to do so. Also, as you would have no way of connecting a memory card to the DS you then wouldn't be able to listen to music anyway.

16. ukgtitch

ukgtitch Member

I use a R4DS (£18)$34 to do mine, i've just tested licks media player, its an ipod but it isn't honestly that great!

17. handsom

handsom Regular member

I prefer Moonshell, it works best for MP3 and AVI playback, much better interface than this. But you still need some sort of flashcart to use it.

18. Silent_ds

Silent_ds Guest

Naah I think the Ds Ipod clone is a fake the tracks when their playing on the ds the have no time or anything like that and ive never seen this product at a video game store.

19. corps1999

corps1999 Guest

It's not fake the ipod clone I put on my sons DS. unlike the video on youtube it shows the track duration as well. I downloaded it a while back as well moonshell. just difficult to find now and many seem to want to charge for the privileage

20. nintylink

nintylink Member

Here Guys this is the full ipod application, fully patched for M3/R4 enjoy, i use this and its great.
    Code:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/54794785/iPod_v1.02.nds