1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TUT!HOW to FTP and BACKUP XBOX GAMES - With Crossover Cable

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by omar3333, Jun 28, 2006.

1. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

The one in your link will work.

2. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

u losers y even try to mod an xbox when u dont even know what a crssover cable is, im a so called noob and i made my own crossover cable in a few minets with googles help easy. dear god. wait till u get to the not so easy part.hahahahahahahahah

3. agntsmyth

agntsmyth Member

I use a freeware burner called direct burn and a different ftp program. I softmodded my xbox with the "splinter cell" exploit, I assume that I dont need to do anything else to the xbox, I use the UnleashX dashboard.

*I ftp'd in to my box via x-over cable - no prob
    *I pulled the files for Fable:TLC over to a file in "my documents" called "fable_tlc"
    *I used qwix "create iso" "local folder" picked the folder "c:\...\fable_tlc"
    *after the ISO was finished I burned it to a DVD+R because that is what i use for movies so I have lots. I used Direct burn and the lowest speed i could burn at was 8x
    *after the burn i put my backup in my xbox and select "load dvd" the game loads to a green screen that says the disk is dirty or damaged
    Is it the Burning program I use?
    Is it the DVD+R not DVD-R?
    Something else?
    input would be appreciated.

4. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

Definately use DVD-R, DVD+R doesn't work on all xboxes

5. agntsmyth

agntsmyth Member

ok i need to buy dvd-r, anything else?

6. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

Nope, looks like you're good--burn it to a DVD-R and it should work.

7. tripplite

tripplite Guest

omar3333- nice guide i ran into it just know and wish i had run into it sooner!

8. jase007M

jase007M Guest

Hey Omar i know u said not to buy a cat 5 crossover cable but i accidently baught a cat 5e crossover calbe will it work?

9. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

Any kind of crossover cable should work, standard ethernet cables will not

10. agntsmyth

agntsmyth Member

DVD+R worked in my box, but i did need to patch the .xbe files

11. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

lucifa666, please observe rule 6.

12. xboxnooby

xboxnooby Member

So im about to start backing up all my 360 games, but i want to get the best equiptment possible. im also about to purchase a new PC soo, i want to know if anyone can make some recommendations.
    1) internal or external dvd burner
    and a recommended best model...
    2) buy a used 360 thats hardmodded or a new unmodded and softmod it since ill be backing up original disks only.
    3) is there a stealth patch to play original games on my modded xbox on live? if im confusing you, what is the stealth patch for. i was guessing.
    4) what do i need to get the best quality 1:1 game. i know burning at 1x is first thing but is there anything else that will make a difference?

and any other recommendations will be appreciated

13. xboxnooby

xboxnooby Member

and how do i get one of those cool azz animated sig's

14. tripplite

tripplite Guest

arg ye have to make it forye self!! sometimes people make um as gifts!

15. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

lol the sigs are usually animated gifs :p and this is a thread for original xbox backups only, I believe there is a section in the forums for 360.

16. xboxnooby

xboxnooby Member

So im about to start backing up all my 360 games, but i want to get the best equiptment possible. im also about to purchase a new PC soo, i want to know if anyone can make some recommendations.
    1) internal or external dvd burner
    and a recommended best model...
    2) buy a used 360 thats hardmodded or a new unmodded and softmod it since ill be backing up original disks only.
    3) is there a stealth patch to play original games on my modded xbox on live? if im confusing you, what is the stealth patch for. i was guessing.
    4) what do i need to get the best quality 1:1 game. i know burning at 1x is first thing but is there anything else that will make a difference?
    5) if i soft mod a hdd and put all my backups on that can i take off that hdd , put on my original hdd and still go on live???
    6) can i play 1:1 backups of original on live without any mods????

and any other recommendations will be appreciated

17. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

Wrong place to post, this is original xbox.

18. thor68372

thor68372 Member

@ ALL XBOX GAME BACK-UP BURNERS:...This one right here is the best one I have seen yet!! I just put a 500GB HDD in my Xbox v.1.1 Xecuter2 Hard Mod Chip.(pretty easy install by the way,with a little commen sense and a little patience)Used "AIDeluxe v.4.40"(auto-installer)Install that and a few tweaks and you are ready to burn some serious games boys and girls! I just put my first game that was on my hard drive,on a DVD-R."omar3333" has just given you the-golden- key-to-the-city,so to speak!Just follow the tutorial to the "T".Don't give up,keep tryin'!!!!As Thomas Edison would say:.."There are no rules here,Hell,we're trying to accomplish something!"

GREAT job "omar3333"
    ROCK-ON!!

19. thor68372

thor68372 Member

Oh..Yeah,I burned my DVD-R with NERO 7 Burning Rom!Just experiment alittle and take the advice of these gods that have been given to us!!

Later! ROCK-ON!!

20. whitore1

whitore1 Member

I'm having some difficulty burning with my system. I rip the files onto the local hard drive, I run Craxtion (I tried Qwix, also), then I burn the ISO with DVD Decrypter (I also tried Alcohol), but the burned disk is not readable. It's only failing when I burn Xbox games, so I'm not really sure what's wrong with it. Any ideas?