1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TUT!HOW to FTP and BACKUP XBOX GAMES - With Crossover Cable

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by omar3333, Jun 28, 2006.

1. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

keep me posted jedi.

2. jedi7997

jedi7997 Member

How would I disable Proxy? I also turned off my firewalls but I read in your faq that you also should disable virus protection. Is there a separate thing I should do for that? Again thanks Omar for helping out.

3. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

no problem, its when you type in your URL and username and password in flash fxp under there. but read and re-read the instructions and do them all step by step

4. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

feedback on this tutorial appreciated

5. Noamos

Noamos Regular member

Don't know if this might help but put a different ipadress on you computer ex. 192.168.0.4 any other number not the same as you xbox. Another thing I did was I hookup my xbox to a tv with crossover cable to pc that way I can see if the connection is made into the xbox.hope that helps.

6. JOHNSTARR

JOHNSTARR Regular member

(1) After you have a legal backup of a game, can you copy the backup by nero (ect....) or do you have to do the steps all over?

(2) I went to burn halo 2 using dvd decrypter and it said something along the lines where the file was too big. Should all games fit on a standard dvd - or do I need dual layers for some games??

That QUIX sure is a great program and fast as lightning!!!

7. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

1) Yeah you can just copy it again using Nero or DVD Decrypter.

2) Not all games will fit on a standard DVD. Halo 2 is well over. Many games are, but you can either delete certain un-necessary files, or use a dual layer disc.

8. shinin

shinin Member

hi can someone please give the specs/model no. for this crossover cable. i have no idea what im looking for since u say people buy the wrong ones. can someone confirm its the same as this link please http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3m-Xbox-Cross...0QQihZ001QQcategoryZ20385QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem .. is this what i need to buy? if not can someone please provide a link to a online store displaying it, or just any pic showing it. thanks guys

9. kfact

kfact Member

omar good tut but im having some of the same problems with the ftp setup as everyone else i tried all of what you suggegested and it continues to say connection failed, i am running an evox dash and i really dont know what else to try

thanks for the help

10. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

kfact,

can you tell me exactly what your problem is? first off, make sure that your static IP is set to on and also FTP is enabled on your evox settings. also, make sure when attempting to FTP that you have an xbox controller plugged in.

11. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

also when you boot up your xbox with the crossover cable connected, make sure there's no game in the xbox at the time, or it will just read the game and wont go into FTP mode. and to whoever needed to know what a crossover cable is, all you have to do is go to any computer store and look for a cable that looks like a standard ethernet cable. check the labels unil you find one called "crossover cable" or "crossed". the description should be something like "used to connect 2 PC's without HUB or HUB to HUB connection," or something like that.

like mentioned above, when trying to FTP try connecting your xbox to your TV and see if the xbox recognises a connection.

also, sorry for the late reply, i went on vacation and will be gone for the next 10 days :(

12. Dyo

Dyo Member

will this work with a v1.6 xbox? i already have the evolution x dash. and commenting on the people with no idea wat cross over cables r... you can use a normal xbox system link, they are crossover cables

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
  13. kfact

kfact Member

well the main problem is the ftp site (flash fxp) keeps telling me i cannot connect and i have done all that u have said, another question i have is shood the cable be connected directly to my comp or an internet jack?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2006
  14. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

the whole point of a crossover cable is to directly connect 2 computers.you have to connect the cable from the back of the xbox to your ethernet card port on the back of your computer. (where you get your internet, unless you have wireless)

15. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

tell me exactly what you are doing, and what dashboard you have running and all of your settings. then i might be able to find your problem. by the way you must be COMPLETELY 100% SURE THAT YOU ARE USING A CROSSOVER CABLE. this is a very common mistake.

16. starchy

starchy Regular member

wait my freind is getting rid of his PC so can i take that harddrive and put it in my xbox (softmodded of course)

17. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

you might be able to but if your friend is getting rid of the computer theres probably not very much space on the HDD...if i were you id just buy one of the internet theyre not very expensive...

18. starchy

starchy Regular member

oh....well ill take his tower hook it up to my monitor (id do that because his monitor broke so his moms gunna buy him a new PC ha lucky)
    so ill delete everything on it or somthing idk ....
    maybe ill just buy one...can u give me a powerful nudge into the right direction

Last edited: Aug 1, 2006
  19. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

well if you go on google or something or any other xbox website that has advertisments you will probably find some, but also many mod-chip websites also sell HDD`s too. google it.

20. starchy

starchy Regular member