1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TUT!HOW to FTP and BACKUP XBOX GAMES - With Crossover Cable

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by omar3333, Jun 28, 2006.

1. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

once again, FEEDBACK ON THIS GUIDE IS APPRECIATED! also tell me if what ive shown you has helped, or if it hasnt

2. starchy

starchy Regular member

ur guide looks good

3. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

thanks starchy! :D

4. jjjedi

jjjedi Member

Hi, I have problems . . . I did all the things you said about the crossover cable, the flashxp, the craked console . . .but when flash xp appears I can see the files in c, but not the files I have in the disc (that yes, it´s on the cd tray and in the x-box . . .do you know what can I do???? ThAnk´s for the help!!!

5. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

heres the thing,

im geussing that you had opened up D before you put the disc in. then you put the disc in, opened D and got the same results. thats because it had already loaded D and did not know there had been a change. try closing the connection and closing flashfxp completely. then connect to your xbox, and put the disc in before even touching the D drive. wait for a bit and then open up D and you should have all the game files there.

hope that helps

6. penner13

penner13 Guest

i downloaded a PAL game for my NTSC xbox and burnt it to a dvd but the xbox said it was a data disc, Did i burn it wrong or can i even play PAL on NTSC, i used krayzies uxe installer with unleashx dash

ps. i used quix and imgburn

7. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

well i know for a fact the mod is good cuz i softmodded my friends with the same one. you have to take the game files you took off quix, make an ISO, then burn it in ISO mode. try using dvd decrypter, then go mode -> ISO -> write. write it at the slowest speed possible.

8. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

I like your guide, I have had some problems ftp'ing my xbox to my pc. but will try some off your solutions and get back to u.

9. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

k cool glad to help

10. penner13

penner13 Guest

is there any way to play xbox 360 games on xbox 1 ie. emulator/firmware hack

thx
    penner

11. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

sorry, there isn't. if they come out with one i'm sure it will be on the afterdawn home page where they have news, but i don't think there will be one for a very long time, if ever. i say this because the 360 is even more advanced then the PS2 or the original xbox, and there are no such thing for these either.

12. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

iv been into moding my xbox and have evox on cd. I was playind around with the settings and went to FLASH BIOS D.6(eject disc) and clicked on it. first it said erasing then flashing bios,then that my xbox would turn off. Now my xbox is fucked the normaly green light on the xbox is now RED and it wont load anything when i turn it on not cd's,evox cd or ms dashbord. what happend HELP

13. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

just cool it bud, there are ways to fix it. first off is your xbox a softmod or hardmod? if it is a hardmod you will probably have to remove your chip and start from scratch...whatever your mod is, try to remove it completely and mod it again, and try maybe a diferent program like AID.

14. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

thank god!
    It is a hard moded xbox, I flashed the incorrect size bios onto it as i forgot to change it first. It is an old mod chip and was allready installed when i got the xbox so i dont know how to install a new one, But i will figer it out! What mod chip do u recomend.
    THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    p.s Is aid better?

15. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

I thought that when people installed mod chips thay put a diffrent dash on the xbox! But my xbox only had ms dashbord and my mod chip has no swiches. It is solderd in! must have been a dumb cunt that done mine.
    If i was to start agian would u recomend hard or soft mod?

16. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

well to be honest with you, AID is a little more popular then slayers evox. the reason i use slayers in this guide is because i, like you, got my xbox already modded with the chip in it, without any other custom dashboard. seeing as you don't seem to know very much about hard mod, i would reccomend you use a softmod. it is quite easy to do as long as you follow the instructions, and you don't have to even open up your xbox. by the sound of it you have found the problem and fixed it? what state is your xbox in right now? can you boot up the MS dashboard? can you still play games? right now they don't even have to be backups, because for softmod you need the original game. so here are youre choises:

you can try and obtain a copy of AID and try to install that on your xbox.

you can use the slayers evox autoinstaller disc and try again. you wont need to flash anything. simply install the apps and upgrades to your C drive. that should work.

or, you could remove your xbox mod chip alltogether and softmod it once the chip is out of there...i wouldn't reccomend this option i would think it safer for you to try and use an autoinstaller to upgrade from your ms dash. so before we try any of these, answer this question:

WHAT STATE IS YOUR XBOX IN NOW?what can it do?

17. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

Right now i turn my xbox on with nothing in the drive and it comes on than off three times than stayes on but the frount light is flashing green and red. nothing comes up on the screen, no error no dashbord. If i press eject in makes a wild sound and dose nothing if i press it twice it will open! it wont load orignal games or anything! nor will it load the evox autoinstaller disc .
    Any help would be great!

18. poppadon

poppadon Member

I seem to be almost there. I get the original connection at 100mbps then start FlashFXP all settings are as per guide.

It says connecting to.... then connection closed. I recently bought this modded Xbox running Avalaunch. I asked the owner if he was ever able to use FTP and he said no.
    I have been able to access other xbox's but this one seems to have problems.

How do I find out if xbox and xbox is still a valid userid and psw?

Any ideas appreciated.

PoppaDOn

19. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

lucifa:

i really don't know what to do right now :( try posting your problem in a diferent forum, like xbox hardware boot.

to pop:

go into your avalaunch settings and check what the FTP settings are. make sure that the username and password for FTP are both "xbox" and that static IP is ON. also, Qwix is made by avalaunch and work well together so i'd also try FTP'ing with Qwix.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2006
  20. JParkes

JParkes Regular member

Can't knock this tut I FTPed using this TUT