1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TUT!HOW to FTP and BACKUP XBOX GAMES - With Crossover Cable

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by omar3333, Jun 28, 2006.

1. bassets

bassets Guest

Few questions:

1.Can this fook up my xbox?
    2.can i still use xbox live after ive modded my xbox?

thanks ;)

2. bassets

bassets Guest

also, if i backup my game, then use xiso tools to make an iso, and i put it on a dvd-r, will it work on a normal unmodded xbox? will it read it

3. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

no mate it wont!!!!

4. XBOXruler

XBOXruler Member

when you have transfered the game to your pc, disconned the connection. use quix to create the iso. i use alcohol 120% to make the disk. Open alcohol 120%. on the left it should have button saying 'image burning wizard'.
    click it. once done browse for the game folder. select it and click open. click next. insert a dvd-r rom and hit burn.

5. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

@basset

no, to both of your questions.

Note:
    At the very start of the tut i thought i made it clear that your xbox MUST BE MODDED FOR THIS TO WORK. that applys to both connecting, and booting.

6. freedomI

freedomI Member

Hopping for a positive answer - I have copied games to the harddrive on my pc and now I want to burn them to Dvd to play in the xbox - now the files are on the HD do they need to go through the ISO software?

7. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

yes, now that you have the files on your PC HDD you will have to run it through an XISO program, then burn it to a dvd-r

8. lucifa666

lucifa666 Guest

Dont these people even read the tut??????

9. infnte

infnte Member

I have a problem and I need some help. I've looked everywhere and it doesn't seem like anyone else has this problem.

I can burn an iso onto a dvd just fine and then put it in the xbox and evolutionx recognizes the disc as a game,(The upper right hand corner goes from saying "no disc" to "game")but when I click "Play game/media from DVD" it acts like it's about to play the game but stays on a blank screen. I've tried everything burning with Nero, dvd decryptor, alc 120; I've used craxtion and quix, but the same thing happens everytime.

SOMEBODY HELP ME!!!!!

I've been using DVD+R if that makes a difference, but I know people who have used this kind and it worked.

10. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

depending on which drive you have, your xbox might have trouble reading DVD+R's, some do. try a diferent brand of media, or better, try using a DVD-R

11. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Decent quality dvd-r..that's the mission here. Some people have success with + but they are a serious minority. My samsung reads +rw..really cheap and nasty ones..Good ones are a waste of time..no disk (go figure)
    there is a reason for all this. The xbox dvd-rom drive specs were written before +r disks became common. It is an unsupported format in the firmware so reading them is very hit and miss depending on how good (or otherwise) the laser is.

Blank screen while loading is very common with both qwix and craxtion. I have only had to use qwix once in 3 1/2 years. I don't want to comment on craxtion..but anything that needs M$ runtimes to work is out in my world... Try clonexb instead. It's easy and doesn't try to connect to the internet and spread info around..

Hi Omar..how's things? having fun?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2006
  12. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

@omar3333 - 'fraid that sig has left some spare space on my screen (i can only use 1024x768 max on my laptop), let's have it shrunk down to fit the specs in my sig, thanks

13. Tabzy

Tabzy Guest

hey omar 3333, i've been at my xbox ALL day searchin through forums n following ppl's advice n got nowere! now i came across ur thread read it n hey presto my pc connects to my xbox!! :D nice one. so...my question is, my xbox is currently transfering data to my pc at a whopping 30kb/s :( is this normal or can i get it faster? i'm using a network hub by the way in the middle of pc n xbox cos i've only jus decided 2day to back up my xbox game n dont own a cross over ethernet cable :)

14. Tabzy

Tabzy Guest

omg.... just as i posted that last reply the transfer rate shot up to 100+kb/s... wtf :s lol. is this more like normal speed?

cheers :)

15. pxss

pxss Member

hi ppl i bought my xbox modded already but the thing is that when i turn on my xbox i have M$ dashoard and EvoX sign on the top left part of my screen, i dont know if my xbox is hard modded or softmodded cuz ive read alot of both and anyway my xbox is modded it should have a different dashboard, now im trying to install SlaYers EvoX 2.7 but i can't get my pc connected to my xbox, im using a crossover-cable and flash FXP, in my pc it appears local network connected but when i try to connect woth flash FXP it appears connection failed(connection timed out)

Im using the following settings on evox auto-installer 2.7:
    normal IP:0.0.0.0
    Use Static IP: No
    Static IP:192.168.1.200
    Subnetmask:255.255.255.0
    DefaultGateway:192.168.1.1
    DNS:194.63.248.1
    DNS:217.13.7.140

Im using the following settings on my lap-top:
    IP adress:192.168.1.200
    Subnetmask:255.255.255.0
    DefaultGateway: . . .
    Preffered DNS: . . .
    Alternate DNS: . . .

any help would be appreciated. thnx

16. Tabzy

Tabzy Guest

hi pxss, u need to make sure static ip is turned ON or says YES. and makes sure u check if user name and password is enabled on ur xbox settings and that u put them in when ur connecting through ur ftp client. its normaly user name = xbox and same for password. If that doesnt work, keep the settins i jus told u and in ur ftp client setting try enabling 'use passive mode' if passive mode doesnt work change it to 'use active mode' i use filezilla as my ftp client btw, found it so much easier :) so am not sure were passive or active mode would be in ur client but they will be in there somewere, its jus matter of lookin for it. hope this helps :)

17. Tabzy

Tabzy Guest

o and in ur laptop ip settings put .2 instead of .200 mite sound weird but wiv pc's every lil thing helps :)

18. pxss

pxss Member

thnx i found the problem i had something wrong in my network settings i dont know what but its workin gr8 now thnx for ur help

19. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

HEY EVERYONE! sorry havn't been around lately, was away on holidays :)

what's goin on Jan? :) definately have a lot of fun around here :p

@px,
    you're going to have to burn the slayers EvoX autoinstaller to a DVD-R for it to work :)

btw, your xbox is hard modded. the EvoX logo in the corner most likely means you have EvoX bios running, but havn't updated to dashboard. so, like i said, burn the slayers evox autoinstaller to a DVD-R and you're good to go. also, when installing, be careful of what you are doing...to many people screw up their xbox's when using autoinstallers

@Tabzy if you're not connecting through crossover cable, then 100kb/s is probably the speed youre going to get, i would reccomend buying a crossover cable as they're cheap and easy to use

btw, i am surprised you were able to connect using my tut. if you didnt have a crossover cable LOL :)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2006
  20. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

WOOT 100th POST!! :D

party time :)