1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TUT- How To Make an xbox game backup (simple)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by xyron, Feb 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xyron

xyron Guest

yes thats right if you have a already backed up dvd then the computer can read it. :)

2. wagsdadog

wagsdadog Regular member

thx for that...

3. restivo

restivo Member

hi all. why do i keep hearing that you cannot copy an x-box game on a pc, with a dvd burner. albeit i have never tried an original but you can copy a copy on a pc. first download any game from a torrent site. put it on a disc. then if you need to copy from that disc, then do it.
    but you all probably mean an original. so if you do i apologise in advance.

cheers dave

4. The_Nube

The_Nube Member

Hello all.....
    I am about to walk myself through this thread and for the first time, copy an Xbox game.
    Reading through it, it seems relatively straight forward....but I have just one question.....do I HAVE to have a modded Xbox.......?
    The reason I ask is because....I don't.
    Thanks....
    any advice will be very much appreciated.
    The Nube

5. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

@restivo-from what i read, and this is my first day reading on backing up xbox games, no u cannot copy the originals. but u can download, like u said and burn it, and copy the burned one.

@The Nube-YES YOU NEED A MODDED XBOX!!! people keep on asking this!!!

and my question is, this one guy i know has all his games on this harddrive itself, and i was wondering how u are supposed to do that? do you have to get a different harddrive and what else?

6. xyron

xyron Guest

well in order to have your games on the harddrive, then you need a programme called dvd2xbox , its a simple programe which lets to copy the game files from cd to xbox, so you dont need to use the cd, however each game is around 3-4gb and the standard xbox HDD can only hold up 2 games max, so if you want to back up all the games that legaly own to your HDD then you will need to swap it with a larger one. ill post a link to HDD swaping tut soon. ;).

i my self havent tried to swap , but i got every thing ready to do so all i need is a good brand new HDD. once i think i can do it with out a problem i will write a tut about that. :0 it takes time!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2006
  7. dovagray

dovagray Guest

Hi, I very new to moding. I had a friend soft mod?? my xbox, I have dvd2xbox, but don't know how to save my games to the hdd? In very simple terms/instructions, can you help?? I get lost when the new dashboard appears! Thanks

8. laxstar

laxstar Guest

hi there, I am tryin 2 make a backup and the game is on my pc i was just wondering if i bought a dvd-r or dvd-rw and put it in the xbox and coppied the game to the d:\ file because i dont have a dvd burner and if that would work should i use a dvd-r or dvd-rw?
    thanx

9. law626

law626 Guest

I have a SOFT Modded box (NO CHIP) .. Will I be able to play the burned ISO that I download off of BitTorrent or other Bit sites???

If I am able to.. why is it that when I copy over games from a Chip Modded box, it doesn't seem to work properly.. it'll start to run and then freezes up... Anything I can do to fix that issue?

10. conboms

conboms Member

hi
    thx for all help on backing up games
    but really new to xbox scene <more ps2>
    xbox chipped with exolutionx i think but kids played with it and lost dashboard <only get microsoft screen>is chip broked or has something been deleted?
    any help would be appreciated
    thanks in advance

11. Fyresword

Fyresword Member

Hi I'm new to this coping and networking stuff. Hooked my computer up to the xbaox. Done ewverything stated in this tut but FlashFXP keeps saying "no route to host". Can anyone help me ASAP as my xbox HDD is getting full.
    Thanks for any help
    Fyresword

12. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

Either your settings are incorrect or you are using the wrong cables because FXP can't find your xbox the way it is now. It would be helpful if you posted your IP addresses and other networking info from the xbox as well as PC.

13. laxstar

laxstar Guest

can sum1 anwser mi prexoius question on pg2 ?!?!

14. SmellyTC

SmellyTC Guest

@laxstar cannot be done that way. the drive in the xbox does not capability to write DVDs only Read. hope that helped

15. supamikel

supamikel Guest

you dont have to have dvd2xbox you can just start up your xbox ftp then open the xbox disk drive then insert the disc then close it restart your ftp by exiting out and opening up again and a new folder will apear and it is the game inside of your xbox.

16. dvaesedum

dvaesedum Member

unleash x is what i have as a dash, and its insane, i backup games to the drive directly from my xbox

17. xyron

xyron Guest

well now im in a happy mood. cause ive managed to softmod my xbox and backup games that i legally own and finally i have managed to install a
    larger Harddrive on my xbox. now all i need to do now is to buy broken xboxes and try and fixem and sell em to make $$$$$.(ps. im not asking for any broken xboxes from the good users of afterdawn.) and soon i will try and make a how to install a larger hDD with pics.

18. desi724

desi724 Member

Hi, i have a softmodded xbox, i reccently tried to copy one of the game (prince of persia) which i legally own. Evrything went fine, but My problem is that the copied game works but very very slow? is there any one who can help.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2006
  19. xyron

xyron Guest

did you burn the game at the lowest speed possible?

20. laxstar

laxstar Guest

that or the game file might be too big

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.