1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TUT- How To Make an xbox game backup (simple)

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by xyron, Feb 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

I have been reading on the forum that to create a backup I need to save the file on the xbox HD. Can't I just use DVDdecrypter to extract the iso file on my computer then use DVDdecrypter to burn that file to DVD just like backing up a PS2 game? I just tried DVDdecrypter to extract the iso file of the xbox game I own. It extracted fine. I know have the iso file on my computer. I can now burn this file to DVD. My xbox is not modded so I can't try the DVD backup to see if it plays, but I don't see why it will not play on a modded xbox. Can some one tell me it they have tried this and if the backup DVD I have will actually work in a modded xbox?

2. Anony55

Anony55 Member

Ok, I have read & searched, and I don't think this question has been asked or answered before. This is my 1st post here ever, so take it easy on me.

If I buy the new BenQ drive that allows book-typing DVD+R disc as DVD-ROM, could the game be played on a non-modded X-box? Wouldn't that make the X-box think that the copy was an original?

I'm not asking if you can use a non-modded box to copy the files (I know the answer to that), just if a disc book-typed to DVD-ROM would play in a non-modded box.

Cheers

3. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

I know this question has been answered MANY times, but I will throw it out there again for you. The answer is NO. Bitsetting is nice, but not magic. It might help a picky modded xbox play a game that's on +R (which some xbox's don't care for) but it will do nothing to trick your unmodded box into playing the game.

4. Anony55

Anony55 Member

Thanks Jigen. I notice you used the term bit setting rather than book-typing. I'm still new to all of this, so I didn't realize that they were the same thing. Had I known, I would have used "bit setting" in my search and perhaps would have found one of the many answers that you referred to.

Thanks again for the answer.

Cheers

5. wagsdadog

wagsdadog Regular member

@ Brewgod23
    That wont work, well... cos simply the computer drive cant read xbox games... i think this is the way someone explained it to me "Microsoft, like so many gaming companies, didnt want there games copied so they changed the way the game is written onto the dvd. Instead of writing from the inside to the outside, they wrote from the outside to the inside", and if you know how to burn (i think its) GC games, you cant just stick it in and go burn cos they burned it different to the mini dvd/cds/watevers they use... if that made sense... ahh, good luck... i think you shouldnt try any other way but it says in this tutorial...

*If that didnt make any sense forgive me cos its 8 o'clock on the rocket clock on a sunday morning and people werent made to get up this early...

Last edited: May 6, 2006
  6. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

The reason is that every pressd official game is "signed" with a special encryption key. Without this signing code, no xbox will play the game disc. Thankfully modding gets around this problem, but you'll have to mod the xbox in some way or you're just wasting your time.

7. Brewgod23

Brewgod23 Regular member

I understand in order to play the game I need to mod it. But to get the iso from the offical game I can use DVD Decrypter then burn that iso to DVD. Right.

8. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Wrong!.. put the disk in your pc and try it!!.. NO DISK!!..

And you can't put the xbox drive in your pc either..doesn't work.. There is only one way to copy an xbox game.. The way it has been said many times here to do it.. Decrypter will not do it!

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2006
  9. ky69

ky69 Member

im anewbie and im havin trouble backin up games. im running evo x for dashboard. im having trouble linkin with the xbox viz my laptop. i went out and bought a ethernet cable. its a rj45. did i get the right cable or no? also the ip address on my xbox is 192.168.0.3. i have the static ip enabled. sub net maskon xbox is 255.255.255.0. default gateway is 192.168.0.100. dns is 0.0.0.0 , the other dns is 0.0.0.0. i put no for skip setup if no link. ftp is enabled and the pss word is xbox. now for my laptop my ip address is 192.168.0.4. the subnet mask is 255.255.255.0. there is nothing for te default gateway. now whn i go to useflashfxp it says it linked but nothing shows up and then this is what it says down in the hook up window. ------[L] Connection failed (Connection lost)
    [L] Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #1
    [L] Connecting to 19216803 -> IP=1.37.57.163 PORT=21 (attempt # 1)
    [L] Connection failed (No route to Host)
    [L] Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #2
    [L] Connecting to 19216803 -> IP=1.37.57.163 PORT=21 (attempt # 2)
    [L] Connected to 19216803
    [L] Connection failed (Connection lost)
    [L] Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #3
    [L] Connecting to 19216803 -> IP=1.37.57.163 PORT=21 (attempt # 3)
    [L] Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #4
    [L] Connecting to 19216803 -> IP=1.37.57.163 PORT=21 (attempt # 4)
    [L] Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #5
    [L] Connecting to 19216803 -> IP=1.37.57.163 PORT=21 (attempt # 5)
    [L] Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #6 sorry for blowing up your page got any ideas what it might be?

10. Noamos

Noamos Regular member

Just to let you know I'm a noob and found out that its always better to hookup you xbox to a tv near you computer to make sure there is a connection. I have unleashed dash and you have the option to start ftp and restart ftp try hiting those while you try to connect to you pc. I use a crossover cable and setting you lan setting to the guide. It worked great and am not sure if all the experts have tried this but it has worked for me and hopefully can work to all other noobs just like me.

11. lokito500

lokito500 Member

hello all....thanks for the ftp made easy...all i had to do is install qwix and search for available connections while i had my xbox in dashboard and wala...the ip for the xbox appeared....i already had it connected to my router...so yeah i created my first burned game but it doesnt launch by itself...i have to go into the files and select some file there...why is this? and why do the games i got for putting the chip dont need to be loaded this way????they are burned too and i dont need to press any buttons....another thing...how do i know which chip i got in my xbox cuz i forgot what the guy said....all i know in qwix the connection is avalaunch...thanks guys
    lokito

12. Hallow2

Hallow2 Member

Jesus PEOPLE i Followed His instructions to the last word and within Half an hour i waz playing My Copied Game. and ya know what. this guys instructions are UNbeatable. Easy to read Easy to follow. He even put links to the Programs to USE!

My Xbox Hardrive is CRAP. all i have room for is one game at about 3.5Gb's so i cant get the bigger games like Halo 2 on there.

13. xModd3rx

xModd3rx Guest

Wow.....you don't need all this shit to burn an xbox game/backup.You don't need a modded xbox or a crossover cable.All you need is a router with your xbox and computer connected to it.& firmware to flash your dvd drive(well that's if u want to get on xboxlive with a burned game such as halo 2) and if you have a modded xbox & u want to copy halo 2 on ur hdd but you don't have enough room, just copy all the game files except for the Campaign map files in the hdd's game directory. which i think is e:/Games....Just do that then ftp it to your computer.(Remember your abox must be modded to ftp) But it you have problems tryin to ftp it (Which sum of u are) then just download cute ftp at www.cuteftp.com( Or you can use Internet Explorer) have your computer and xbox connected to the same router, turn on your xbox and go to your dashboard such as evox or UnleashX and find your xboxes Ip. Which should be somthing like 192.168.sumthin.sumthin write that down. Open up cute ftp and when you first set it up it will ask you about login/Password host/destination or whatever you want to connect to and things like that...type ur xboxes ip for the host or watever.. Login= Xbox Password= Xbox..(For Internet Explorer type Ftp:// Then your xbox's Ip. in the address bar then it should connect. right click in the window anywhere then pick login and username/login is xbox and the password is xbox..And if your xbox isn't modded then you will have to follow this tut

http://www.team-halo.com/forum2/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=34

Register there to download it..and the firmware to make your dvd drive read burned games is here

http://rapidshare.de/files/26670287/Cammadore_Firmware.zip.html

REQUIREMENTS:
    Xbox Console with Samsung SDG-605 Ver. B DVD drive (check drive)

A computer with available IDE slot.

Samsung SDG-605 Ver.B (Check ROM Version)

DVD +R DL Burner (Hot Swap / Game Rip / Burn)

Dual Layer Media DVD +R DL

Large movie 7.5 GB + (needed for hot swap)

Xbox Game (Game you are backing up)
    u need this if ur xbox isn't modded...

14. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

This will be useful. I need to buy a DVD burner though, lol.

15. watchnur6

watchnur6 Guest

hello This is new territory for me....im not PC illerate (the ftp shyt will not be too much of a prob for me)but do have some ?s bout the whole coping games stuff.

My bro came back from a tour in IRAQ and he had brought his XBOX with him....it broke while he was there. He had gone down to the Haiji shop and bought a broken one for parts.......he swapped out the dvd drives. Now this dvd drive reads DVDr's.......and i believe he said it was a samsung drive.......but not sure of the model #...(is there more than one, I was told no by a friend?).....sry dont have the box handy ATM to ck.

I have a eMachine with dvd burner (nero6.6, AnyDvD, DvD Decrypter, DvD Shrink) Also Im on a wireless net (linksys wireless router) What would be the best way to hook up XB to PC.....(i do have eithernet cables.)

I see all this talk bout needing a MODDED box.
    -What is the exact mod needed?

And i see this prog needed dvd2xbox to copy the games to the HD of the xbox??????correct????.....and how do u get the prog onto the xbox?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2006
  16. watchnur6

watchnur6 Guest

ok i got the box now.

i installed flashXP..........did all the firewall shyt, did all the ip addy shyt, thats all set.......now when i click on connect and enter the IP addy it connects.......then i get the hour glass for about 7sec. then boom connection lost....will retry in 120sec.......when is this happening........happens with firewall off and on.....the Xbox at the dashboard and with a disc in the xbox.....WHY?

Is this happening cuz i got no MODs done to it??????

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2006
  17. lokito500

lokito500 Member

i think it is cuz u dont have a modded xbox...cuz as i know and i might be wrong...i only transfer the games once they are copied into the hdd...and for that i guess u need the mod installed in ur console....
    good luck....im in canada and it only cost me like 80$, someone put it on, i didnt buy it...

18. watchnur6

watchnur6 Guest

you kno Ive been readin my ass off for the past few hrs.......Its much easier to just buy a damn 2nd disc (used) for a sys link game.....this is way too much trouble and im not gonna chance effin up my bros xbox.....thx anyways lokito500.

19. lokito500

lokito500 Member

no problem...all i do is help in anyway i can....
    good luck....

20. beauty

beauty Member

hi very new to this but followed all your instructions and did it wow that was good no cock ups my kids looked at me thinking i was going to blow the xbox up
    my question is fash fxp reads the xbox hard drive but all sorts of folders come up so very puzzled about that
    i have a disc in the xbox drive how do i copy it on to xbox hard drive and if i dont copy it how can flash fxp read the drive sorry i know it sounds thick but just need a little help thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.