1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial/FAQ: Xbox Softmodding

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by tEChniiQue, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Tommigrl

Tommigrl Member

How to I remove softmod completely off of the Xbox HDD after I have Restore C Backup? I did have Linux on my xbox for Splinter Cell so after restoring it Im able to go back in and ftp but what do I remove from the xbox?

2. playhalo2

playhalo2 Member

hey i was looking at my hd saves after i softmodded (because i have to make room for halo 2 to save onto my hd) and i found, "Launch Online Updater" as a save. it takes up a lot of room. will something bad happen if i delete it? thanx any1 who can help!

3. danthor

danthor Member

I've got a question about Softmodding. I've successfully used the Softmod on my Xbox and it works fantastic. Now, I used my Xbox as a DVD player (who didn't) and it would play anything I told it to. Now, however, after the Mod, I can't play any DVD that has an Xbox playable Demo on the disc (Such as the Star Wars EP:III Disc 2. The Battlefront II demo prevents it from being played. Or the Doom DVD. same idea with the Doom 3 demo.) All other DVDs play just fine, just the ones with Xbox demos done't. Is there a way I can overcome this and be able to play them again? I've tried playing them in Xbox media centre, I've tried booting to the MS Dash first, I've tried the dongle free DVD mode, and so far no luck whatsoever. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

4. enzorb13

enzorb13 Member

Yea, i modded my xbox and i tried to put the maps on to my computer unfourtunitly my ftp would not connect to my computer the software i was using was Flash FXP but it was never able to connect, it always said (conncection timed out). What am i supposed to do to connect them?

5. agrevated

agrevated Member

ok i know your going to think im an idiot but i have no clue what i am doing i downloaded flash fxp and i went to xbins and i found and downloaded atou installer deluxe 2.0 and evox but evox said it would only work on modded boxes i am not modded please help me

6. Blandx

Blandx Member

Question. I used the SID.Splinter.Cell.v2.0.NTSC.Xbox-Hq and was wondering is it phone to the clock loop error? If not, what is the best one to use?

7. lifein10

lifein10 Guest

can anyone help. i have been looking for the softmod installer for like 3 days now. and i cant find it anywhere. xbins directs me to xbox-hq and then that directs me to bit torrent and then it says the file doesnt exist. this stinks. someone help.

8. c_s_dave

c_s_dave Member

Hello, completely new here, but looks like a very informative Forum! Ive softmodded my xbox and a few friends Xboxes, but am having a problem softmodding my friends xbox, as his dash version is lower than 5960(I am using the splinter cell exploit). My question is this... I have my own xbox hd backed up on my computer, and can ftp into my friends xbox when it is on the softmod installation screen. Is it possible for me to upgrade his dashboard by ftping my own dashboard files over? Apologies if this has been answered before, and apologies if this is a stupid question! Any help would be much appreciated!

Dave :)

9. nokio420

nokio420 Member

YOURE TUTORIAL SCREWED UP MY BOX IT TELLS ME TO PICK BETWEEN THE TWO AND IT WONT LET ME PICK EITHER IT SAYS NO SPACE ON DRIVE F

10. Tommigrl

Tommigrl Member

I need some help. I download a PAL game however when switching my video over using Enigma Video Switch my screen started jumping and however I cant clearly see my screen cause its jumping. HOW CAN I FIX THIS???

11. lifein10

lifein10 Guest

about the f drive thing. you have to have an f drive enabled to be able to use it.

12. Tommigrl

Tommigrl Member

Okay I was able to memorize my screen and get my video switch back to NTSC. When using Enigmah Video Mode Switch going to PAL after my xbox restarts my screen jumps where nothing on the tv is steady. Even changing the settings in XBMC doesnt play my PAL games. How can I fix this problem???

13. Shoh

Shoh Member

look i need some help .. i've tried installing all three versions i have of the Softmod and it keeps giving me error message 21. but i've followed the instructions in the manuals to a T and it's bugging the hell out of me. i have 3.1 lite, 3.1 final and 4.5 NKnave

14. haxelrose

haxelrose Member

ive followed your guide Transferring game saves via a modded xbox

but instead of ftp from pc to xbox
    i burned the saves to dvdrom and then placed in modded xbox and copied
    using filemanager to h memory card

but i cant get the memory card to bring up the linux option
    when running on my unmodded xbox using splintercell

the only thing i can think of is that im putting the files on wrong
    theyre in zip format i.e. splintercell launcher.zip and splintercell pal.zip

and im put them directly onto memory card in that format

is this wrong?
    please help been banging my head against the wall trying to get this working

thanks very much for the guides

15. spug89

spug89 Member

when im using flash fxp the server doesnt respond so i cant get the itools file for splinter cell.
    anybody that had the same problem????????????

16. The_Demon

The_Demon Member

Dude your tut is awsome it really helped me out! I have but one question. How do I copy games to my harddrive? Anyway sweet tut!

17. Adam325

Adam325 Member

Hi, now i am a newbie to this forum but i roughly know what i'm doing in the Softmod section. I would just like to know whether, if i bought a USB-to-Xbox adaptor (USB Female connector), would i be able to put the required files onto a memory stick and then plug that into my Xbox via the adaptor, so then i will be able to save the files onto my hard drive. I will be using 'Splinter Cell' to load the files.

Many Thanks

Last edited: Apr 23, 2006
  18. ImNotANub

ImNotANub Member

i promise to not be just an idiot by repeating offering 2month cards and typing in text speak, and for breaking various rules.

! thanks, Peace

Last edited: May 1, 2006
  19. Becharmed

Becharmed Member

20. Halonerd

Halonerd Member

hey great tutorial it helped me a lot. But i would like to sell my xbox and i don't know how to get the mods off. i don't know if it would work if i deleted all my halo 2 stuff or what. so if you could help that would be great.