1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial for setting up Yelo15 Trainer for Halo 2 Screenshots!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by kslice917, Dec 31, 2006.

1. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

IMPORTANT NOTICE:This tutorial was changed on 11-28-07. If you have used this tutorial before that date; please re-install the trainer by following the new set of instructions with files!

Also Note:The hotlinks to the images of this tutorial were changed on 6-27-07. If you copied my tutorial (and gave me credits of course), then you will need to change ALL of the image url's you used. I changed this so as to organize my photobucket albums better.
    =======================================================================================
    First off, I will state, if you do not want your Xbox Live Account indefinitely banned, DON'T DO THIS! As soon as you log on to your Xbox Live Account with this on, you WILL be banned!
    =======================================================================================
    Q. What does the Yelo15 Trainer do?
    A. It is a trainer, you can use it for inf. health, ammo, grenades, or any of the skulls you want.

Q. What about a screenshot tool?
    A. It is that too, you can take screenshots with it; pause the game, teleport, and much more!

Now to start the tutorial!
    Files you will need:

Team Xored ETM-XBTF Launcher v2.2-
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

Yelo Trainer v 1.5-
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

FlashFXP-Permanent Link

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok, first thing's first, let's extract all the files into a well organized folder which, for now, will be called "Yelo Trainer"
    [​IMG]

Now we need to FTP to our xbox using FlashFXP and transfer the 'mini' folder to our xbox into the /E/Apps/ Folder.
    [​IMG]

Now we are going to go into our /E/TDATA/4d530064/ Folder and copy the config_v1.5.inc to the xbox:
    [​IMG]

While we're in there, be sure to re-name the $u folder (if you have one), to ANYTHING else! For example, you will see in the picture, that I have named mine -$u-.

Now we just need to put the Yelo trainer on the xbox. To do this, we are going to make a folder called "Trainers" in the /E/ Folder. To do this, right click and click 'Make Folder' and name it "Trainers":
    [​IMG]

Now, go into your 'Trainers' folder. Inside, copy the file Yelo15.etm:
    [​IMG]
    Ok, now go to your xbox, and select 'Launch Menu' and then 'Apps'. Now select 'Xored Trainer Launcher'.

Now select Halo 2 (don't worry if there are 2 Halo 2 listings, just select the first one). Now select 'Yelo: Halo 2 (Xbox).

Make sure to select the following options and hit 'A' to activate them:

Option #1 "Disable Autoupdate"
    Option #2 "Developers Mode"

Now you can select what others you wish to use. After you're done, press 'Start' on the controller.

*NOTE* The light around the 'eject' button on your xbox will turn orange/amber. This is normal, it means that the trainer is running.

For a list of the camera commands, look in the folder "Yelo Trainer" on your computer. Open the file "Trainer Configuration Layout". This will tell you all of the commands for the camera:
    [​IMG]
    After you're done with your screenshots, exit Halo2 and go back to your dash on your xbox.

Now to take those screenshots off of your xbox and put them on your computer.

First, download BatchDeswizzle-
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

Now put the Folder BatchDeswizzle on your desktop:
    [​IMG]
    DO NOT mess with this folder. Leave it like it is, don't try to copy anything out of it other than the pictures that will later be placed in there. This folder contains hidden programs that are needed to run:
    [​IMG]

Now FTP to your xbox with FlashFXP. Navigate to the folder /E/TDATA/4d530064/$s/ and copy all files from that folder into your 'raw' folder:
    [​IMG]
    Now simply double click BatchDeswizzle.exe and wait for it to finish:
    [​IMG]
    Now go into your bmp folder and there's your screenshots!
    But your not done yet!

Now you want to either rename or move all the pictures in your bmp folder so it's empty:
    [​IMG]
    Now you must erase all the files in the 'raw' folder, or else every time you go to get your screenshots, you'll have your old ones there as well:
    [​IMG]
    Now you want to go back to the /E/TDATA/4d530064/$s/ folder on your xbox and delete all the files in there:
    [​IMG]
    Now you're all done and are ready to do it all again!
    Now it's time for some more FAQ's:

Q. What the heck; when I open the /E/TDATA/4d530064/$s/ in FlashFXP, there's nothing there!!!

A. Relax! Just press F5 on your keyboard and watch the files magically appear!
    ==
    Q. Come on, I don't wanna have to type in /E/TDATA/4d530064/$s/ all the time to get my pictures, isn't there any easier way?

A. Yes, after you are in that folder, simply press Ctrl+P. Now every time you FTP to your xbox, you will automatically be viewing that folder!
    ==
    Q. I thought I had to change some .ini file or something for this thing to work right?

A. Originally you did. However, since you downloaded my version; this file has already been changed for you!
    ==
    Q. My xbox is set up differently than yours and the .ini isn't correct; what do I do?

A. You can just PM me with your set-up and I'll make a custom .ini file just for you!
    ==
    Q. What the heck, this thing won't work at all! I go in the game, and none of the controls work!

A. I've had this problem occur but once before. Simply delete and re-copy Halo 2 to your hard drive.
    ==
    Q. I just re-copied Halo 2 to my hard drive, and it still doesn't work; what now?

A. You simply need to disable your autoupdate manually. To do this go into the /E/TDATA/4d530064/ folder and find the folder labeled $u. Rename the $u folder to ANYTHING else.
    ==
    Q. What the heck, why are my screenshots downloading to my computer so slow?

A. It's odd how the technical world works today. It seems that really small files transfer slower. This is normal.
    ==
    Q. Dang. Hey dude, can you give me a registration code for FlashFXP, my trial version ran out.

A. Excuse me, but read the forum rules! This is illegal and I will not help you in any way!
    ==
    Q. My question is already listed in this thread, but the given advice didn't help; what do I do?

A. Well, I prefer you list your question in the thread again. This way, after it is solved, others can refer back to it for help!
    ==
    Q. I try to run the trainer with the disk and it doesn't work for me; I apply Invincibility and Infinite ammo and stuff but it never works! I don't have Halo 2 on my HD so what do i do?

A. You may want to try disabling your automatic update for Halo 2 and unplug any additional controllers if doing a campaign. Also, make sure after selecting your cheats, you press start and nothing else to start the game.
    ==
    Q. I can't launch the trainer with the game. When I put the disk in, it automatically plays and won't let me start the trainer, what do I do?

A. Start your xbox with no game in the CD tray and have the tray inside the xbox. After your xbox boots up and is displaying the dash, insert the game. Now start your trainer.
    ==
    Q. I have Halo 2 on my HD, but I want to play it from the disk this time so that I can play the un-modded maps but still have the cheats. How do I tell the difference between the two?

A. You can FTP to your xbox, and go to the /E/Games/ folder and rename Halo 2 to Halo 2 (with mods). Now on your trainer, you will see listed Halo 2 and Halo 2 (with mods). Also, you will know if it is loading from disk when you see this screen with a disk at the top-right corner. If you don't see a disk, such as the picture below, you are loading the Halo 2 from your HD:
    [​IMG]
    ========================================================================
    Extras:

Tutorial: Softmodding an Xbox + FTP & Files

Read my sig for more tutorials!
    Yeah, I could probably think of some more stuff to add, but for now I won't.

This tutorial only took me about 3 hours to write, so let me know what you think.

And of course, don't steal my stuff! You can use any information on this page, just so long as you credit me! Yes, this includes files.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  2. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

That's amazing! Does Halo2 have to be on your xbox?

3. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

No, these trainers will run with the disk.

*Note* You still have to have the softmodded xbox though.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2006
  4. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

I try to run it with the disk, it doesn't work for me, i apply Invincibility and Infinite ammo and stuff but it never works! i dont H2 on my HDD so what do i do?

5. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

Your question has been added to the FAQ's section above:

and if you want to know how to disable automatic updates, it's also listed above:

Yeah, until now I've never really tried to run it from the disk. But, I just erased Halo 2 from my HD just so I could try this and it worked fine for me. If you want to use the developers mode though (the Dev. Cam) you should only have one controller plugged in as the 2nd one will control the camera.

Let me know if you get it working and what worked for you!

Last edited: Jan 1, 2007
  6. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

This is a nice tutorial, almost the same as mine, except mine explains using the Uberscreenshot tool and trainers. Good job!

7. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

Thank You! I did what you said and it worked!

P.S Why did kslice get suspended?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2007
  8. FuZ3

FuZ3 Regular member

I have no idea.

9. kappie11

kappie11 Guest

if i select a trainer and if i select some options and i prees strat i will see loading and later the xbox crash can you help me

10. kappie11

kappie11 Guest

if i have a dvd-r or cd have in the disk drive can i start trainers but i cant start trainers without cd and if i start them with cd they wont work please help me

11. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

Yeah, I didn't even know I got suspended. Don't think I'm going to mention what it might have been either; or I might get suspended again :-/

@kappie11 - Did you copy the 'config_v1.5.inc' file properly? Is your xbox set up properly? (Exactly like mine).

@FuZ3 - Maybe I could have gotten suspended because an admin. thought that I copied your tut. without credits. I'm not blaming you or anything, for sure not! I'm just saying, next time; be sure to mention that it is similar to yours; but not.

Just a question to all who read this; should I make a tutorial for how to get the Killtrocity Map Pack and how to Burn it to a DVD?

Nice thing about suspensions on here; they don't even mention it to ya, ya know? I had no idea; lol. Anyways, glad you all like my tutorial; I'm back and here to help!

Now I wonder why DeadRain got suspended. Must be something going around. But in my opinion, it's about time AfterDawn cut down. Let us know how everything goes when you get back DeadRain.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  12. kappie11

kappie11 Guest

yes i have copy it to the E:\TDATA\4d530064 and how can i know that my xbox is set up ?

13. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

To make sure everything is set up properly, just make sure you're system looks like this picture (ignore the green x's):

[​IMG]

Another thing, make sure you disabled the auto-update.

If all else fails, try re-downloading the files and doing the steps again.
    ========================================================================
    Now that I think about it; here are some more notes to you:

1. Make sure you turn your xbox on, with the CD Tray in and no disk in the tray. After the dashboard is loaded, then you may put the CD in and load the trainer.

2. Make sure you are selecting the correct Halo 2 from the trainer menu. At the bottom of the screen (it's really hard to see but it's in red) you should see it read CD, otherwise it is loading the one from your hard drive.

3. You may want to try re-copying Halo 2 to your HD.

4. You may want to get the EvoX Dashboard. This trainer is supposed to work the same way with all dashes; but just in case, you can find the links for EvoX here:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/436850/2642888

Let us know what works. We may have to turn this into a Private Conversation and post the results later as this problem seems to be unknown to me.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  14. kappie11

kappie11 Guest

i can play trainers now but only with disk
    can i load games from my hard disk ?

15. cearel

cearel Guest

Very nice tut figured it out on my own already this would have been nice before lol but good job man

16. needyelo

needyelo Guest

i got the Trainer to work how do i keep my new maps it erases my new maps when i load up the launcher

17. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

@needyelo - Please be a little more specific as to "new" maps. By this, do you mean the Halo 2 Map Pack, the Killtrocity Map Pack; or your own modded maps?

18. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

Probably just the multiplayer map pack

19. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

I think you may be right; so I'll base the following information off of your answer.

If you wish to play the Multiplayer Mappack with Halo 2; you will need to get the individual maps off of the disk before you can do so. To do this, you will need to insert the disk; and go into the D: drive of the Xbox and pull off the maps you want. Then drag them into the Halo 2 Maps folder.

This is an excellent question, and as soon as I get back; I will not only add it to my FAQ's; but this kind of question deserves it's own tutorial!

20. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

I hate to double-post; but this one deserves a post of it's own. For those you that have followed my tutorial; you may have noticed that when you go into the trainer, there are always 2 Halos Listed. Also, why won't the CD's play?

Well, as of now, I have updated the files. The instructions are the same. So, just download the new files, follow the tutorial; and poof, now your trainer will work perfectly!