1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial for setting up Yelo15 Trainer for Halo 2 Screenshots!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by kslice917, Dec 31, 2006.

1. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

Depends on what map options. For most of the options, you can just use DotHalo or Entity to edit those options. So, let me know what options you are talking about first.

2. antii

antii Member

well, i just put killtrocity v2 on and i was wondering, would you rename it cuz i cant run yelo without puting it in the right directory. thats why i wanted you to renamed the last 1. or if you now of 1 you could just give me a tutorial on hex editing.

and nevermind about the options thing its not a problem. and did i tell you that the thing worked? cuz it did... =)

o ya and do you have xbox live or XBC?

Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
  3. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

Trust me, hex editing this kind of stuff isn't the answer, and I don't know of a tutorial for it.

However, I guess I'll make a tutorial on how to rename .xbe files. However, until then, I'll just post the renamed files on here. I'll add them to the tut later.

Just give me a day or so, I've been really busy lately.

4. antii

antii Member

k, but i just made like 4 modded disks and wow, i never thought it was so ez. every1 sed it was hard but wen you get the stuff in order it easy... =) but anyway ive been relly busy to with all this portforwarding and calling my internet ppl and modded disks... screaming nephews running around, its all just 1 big headaech.

but dont worry about renameing that thing, just post a tut and i should be able to figure it out.
    i normally have problems with tuts but yours are relly detailed.

and do you kno if its possible to add new maps to a modded disk??? thx

*Edit* ok i just played like all my modded disks to make sure they all worked properly and no, most of them say unknown somtimes when i put them in the disk drive while im in the dash and, the killtrocity 2 mappack, i can only play 1 map and then it wont load the next map so i got to restart my xbox.

and i made them by using, a maxwell DVD+RW 4.7 GB DVD, and the xISO program that comes with the killtrocity mappack to make the ISO, and Sonic - MyDVD plus to burn it to the DVD.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  5. benzy

benzy Member

hi
    i'm a noobi
    i downloaded the trainer and everything
    i use the F drive becuase i changed the hdd and halo is on the hdd
    i change the $U folder to -$U-
    and all the options in the trainer work like infinite health and stuff
    but when i go to use the comands like what is the the TXT file
    it doesn't work
    and also, my multiplayer pack is nolonger there

plz help

6. antii

antii Member

benzy, did you enable the developers mode? because that wat the options are for...

7. benzy

benzy Member

i enabled everything and it still doesn't work

8. benzy

benzy Member

don't worry i fixed it

turns out u have to have 1 controller plugged in

9. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

Yeah, that's been stated over about a billion times on this thread. Antii, about the modded maps, you would have to go into the tags with entity and edit them. I'll see what I can find on that.

I've been really busy guys, and apologize for not being around. I just got back from a 1-week vacation, and I am really tired. Just give me a few days to get my pep back up!

Thanks!

10. benzy

benzy Member

is there a way to use the yelo trianer in such a way that 1 controller controls the player and the other one controls devcam at the same time???

ps soz for the double post b4

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  11. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

Plug a controller into the 1st slot, and another controller into the 2nd slot. You should be able to move the character with the first controller, and control the camera with the second controller.

12. benzy

benzy Member

do i have to do anything on the the first mor second controller
    because i tried it and i couldn't move my charcter

ps can't spell

13. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

Ok, here's the only way to use 2 controllers or more, and I'm sorry, but you cannot use the devcam and move your character with 2 controllers at the same time.

The first controller, will control the camera position, while the second controller will controller the camera actions or other actions.

I'll post results for a third controller later.

14. brandonks

brandonks Member

Hey, I followed your amazing tut. basically exactly as it says, but when I go to "launch menu", "apps", "xored trainer launcher", and when I try to select halo 2, nothing happens. I press "A" and my screen just flashes. Nothing happens when I press ANY button... besides "X" (but when i press "X" the game just starts without bringing me to a trainer list or anything). So what do I do? Is there something I missed?

15. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

This tends to happen a lot.

My suggestion would be to re-read the tutorial and re-try everything.

Make sure you don't have too many trainers in the trainers folder.

Don't forget to put the config1_5.inc in the proper place.

Here's the other thing you can do:

1. FTP to your Xbox and copy the file /E/Apps/mini/Xored.ini to your computer.

2. Open the file in notepad on your computer.

3. Post the contents of the document here so I can see if everything is correct.

4. Also post the EXACT location (with directory) of where you have placed the trainer file: Yelo15.etm

If you do that, I can at least attempt to see what's wrong.

16. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

EDIT: I'm not sure why AfterDawn is having some kind of lag problem. It took 5 minutes before this post even showed up.

So, this was a double-post, but now I've edited it. Just ignore the PM then.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2007
  17. pizzlem

pizzlem Member

the camera modes dont work when i push the buttons to change them it doest work but the inf. ammo stuff works

18. just4yelo

just4yelo Member

Alright so heres the deal. I got yelo yesterday and followed the original set of instructions at halomods.com. Then after several attempts at that I followed the set of instructions here, up to the point of discussing how to upload photos. Both times resulted in the same scenario. I can get invulnerability, and inf ammo/nades but my dev mode is a little...off.

I can freeze time but its set to White+Dpad up
    I can take multi-shots but thats Back+dpad up

and thats about the only control over it that i have. I cant change any of the camera modes or anything.

I use Unleash X\
    I always run it through Xored v2.2 i click yelo-halo2 and it runs fine.
    I put the yelo trainer file in my trainers folder at E\Trainers and thats where my .ini file is set to look for it
    I have the config file in E\Tdata\4d530064
    I both manually disabled the auto update by renaming it and used the trainer to do so (and any combination of the two)
    and I only have one controller in, (ive tried every port)
    And finally im running it from the disk not my hard drive

Anyone have a solution?

19. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

Well, here's what I found so far:

Apparently, UnleashX sucks for using the Yelo Trainer. However, EvolutionX works perfectly. There are some people that have gotten this to work with UnleashX, but it's not that common.

So the way I see it...you might want to try one of the following:

1. Un-install UnleashX and install EvolutionX.

2. Double check ALL .ini configuration files if you know how to read them.

3. Make sure you placed the 'config_v1.5.inc' file (NOT the 'config_v1.5.txt' file) in the /E/TDATA/4d530064/ Directory.

4. Check your settings on your xbox dash (I'm not sure how to do this with UnleashX); you should also find the settings in the .ini file in the /E/dash Directory.

If all else fails, let me know, I might actually just try installing UnleashX myself to see what's going on.

20. just4yelo

just4yelo Member

Well I ran through steps 2 and 3 and they were fine.

Step four...what settings would I be looking for? And apparantly theres no .ini file in my dash directory. So thats of no use.

The real problem is I wouldnt know the frist thing about removing unleashX and puting in evoX cause my friend setup my xbox for me.

Also im using XBMC...though im not sure if that means anything important.

Would it be too much to ask to setup UnleashX and see if you get some sort of error?