1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial for setting up Yelo15 Trainer for Halo 2 Screenshots!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by kslice917, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Ckasdf

Ckasdf Member

"one of the controller ports messed up"
    how about plugging the controller into port 2, or three, or four ... or 7? okay, maybe not that ...

yeah, you can look at/mess with my box - I think we're added to each other's y!IM, so I'll give you the info some time.

2. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

Well, in real logic, your theory would work. However, in the way I am thinking that it may be broken is that it's sending a small signal to the xbox telling the xbox it's plugged in, but not working. Yelo reads the controller as being plugged in, or half-what, thus causing only some of the controls to work.

Once again, that theory is practically illogical, as the chances of a "shorted" wire are very small. This is really a problem I can't seem to figure out unless I can get my hands on a lower kernel xbox which has been shown to have not work with Yelo Trainer.

In the case that I can obtain one of the xbox consoles, I would definitely do some experimentation with it to see what is wrong. Again, the only thing that seems to be logical, is that the users having problems did not properly install the trainer.

EDIT: Another possibility has shown up in my research! The Yelo Trainer is intended for NTSC version Halo 2 disks. I ask that you check your Halo 2 disk, and see if it's NTSC or PAL. Maybe, just maybe, this could be the problem. Again, I'm not sure.

3. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

UPDATE:

From what Ckasdf & I have found, the kernel of your xbox has NOTHING to do with getting Yelo 1.5 to work. Turns out he had a modified HDD in his xbox, and he had re-updated his Halo 2 after re-naming the $U folder (BIG mistake).

I can't stress it enough guys, MAKE SURE that the $U folder is renamed to ANYTHING else (unless you're using the multi-player map patch which requires it).

If you guys have any more problems, I'm still here. This just goes to show you that if I can get a remote session in, I can fix about anything (unless you unlocked your HDD, in which case, you're just screwed).

4. Ckasdf

Ckasdf Member

woooo, thanks for all the help man!
    I shall rule the coolness factor!
    or ... something. hah

but yes, remote sessions are AWESOME. :D

5. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

Yeah, it probably could have been quicker if you had a faster internet connection ;-)

6. Ckasdf

Ckasdf Member

I'd be GLAD to upgrade my Internet connection ... if you'd be willing to finance it. ;)

7. Ckasdf

Ckasdf Member

/deleted/

SUMMARY: Devcam stopped working, I still have the new maps, I still have the "cheat" stuff - unlimited ammo/grenades, invincible, etc

EDIT: eh, forgive the stupidity - I forgot one of the biggest rules; only one controller while using dev mode
    though to let you know ... the DVD receiver is not considered a controller, so it can stay in there.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  8. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

Well, I'm not so sure about that DVD Receiver thing. I think that if you have the DVD Receiver in the 4th controller slot, it won't matter; as for the others, I'm not sure. Either way, it doesn't really matter, if the devcam stops working, unplug controllers until it does start working. If it still doesn't work, unplug the DVD Receiver.

Maybe I should post a list of "Dumb mistakes you should never make that will help you keep your Yelo 1.5 Trainer working fine."

9. Ckasdf

Ckasdf Member

Hey ... I was doing more testing of all the different options for the devcam, and some things are weird, or don't seem to work.

*Vehicles; when developer's mode is turned on (in the settings @ start of yelo), driving vehicles becomes VERY weird due to the view.
    Third person with shifted view helps some, but it's still kinda weird. First person shows through the vehicle, which is even weirder, and when in a bashee, has 0% visibility.
    Any suggestions on how to drive a vehicle with the "proper" view (aka, the view given without the devcam)?

*camera depth & field of view
    I've tried this while in a vehicle, it doesn't improve or even do anything. I've tried it on foot, no change. This seems to do nothing?

*Auto hires grabber
    I know this is only in devcam view, but what does it do, exactly?

*Screenshot
    Is this a continuous screenshot? What's the difference in this, and vidcap? I ask, because whenever I press screenshot, the hard drive continues to click, and the screen to lag for as long as the game is on. If I press the screenshot buttons again, it doesn't change; it still is seeming to take screenshots. How to turn it off, other than reset the box?

*ai toggle
    What is this? I pressed it, nothing happened.

*Teleport
    While this does work, it's quite slow...

*Secondary light vert/horiz in/decrease
    What does this do?

*in/decrease secondary light brightness
    This doesn't seem to have any effect

*Primary light vert/horiz in/decrease
    again, what's it do?

*in/decrease primary light brightness
    I got this to work a LITTLE bit during the gravemind cutscene, but no where else - and still, I couldn't see the environment the characters were in - just the characters, and the gravemind's tentacles

Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  10. Ckasdf

Ckasdf Member

Is there any place I can read as to what exactly all the options in the yelo menu do? The skulls, ammo/grenade, etc are easy enough - but some of the options aren't self-explanatory

11. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

A response to your questions has been posted below. If you have any more, feel free to ask. And yes, I should probably make a list with explanations.

12. VuLcMoDz

VuLcMoDz Guest

i downloaded yelo trainer and it doesn't have mini folder

13. Ckasdf

Ckasdf Member

VuLcMoDz ... I'd suggest downloading it again. Because until you do, nothing's gonna happen with yelo. :p

14. V1474L17Y

V1474L17Y Member

Hi, um i installed Yelo Trainer and got it to work fine, but I can do any of the pausing game, teleporting, taking pictures, fast game play, slow gameplay etc... and idk what im doing wrong, can any1 help me out? and also when i downloaded the Yelo i didnt have that mini folder, and idk if thats important or not, and also i dont have that $s folder either, so can any1 help me plz =]

15. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

V1474L17Y - The "mini" folder is found with the Xored Trainer Launcher, not the trainer file itself. As far as it not working, you most certainly want to make sure you are using Xored Trainer Launcher and only have ONE controller plugged into the xbox at this time.

16. Ckasdf

Ckasdf Member

Why is ONLY one xbox controller required for this? Also, it seems that things act strange when the controller is not in port one (I found that out yesterday - due to the position of my xbox above the tv, it made better sense to plug the controller into port three, so the tv wasn't covered by the cable).

Plus, people keep talking about using some kind of built-in trainer in XBMC - but I don't know where it is or how to enable it, or whatever.

17. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

I'm not sure why it only works with one controller, or the first control port for that matter. My guess is that each control port has a different coding to it and these signals will scramble if not read properly. The trainer is meant to only read the first one. Once again, that's just my guess, the source code for Yelo 1.5 hasn't been released :-/

As far as the built-in trainer launcher to XBMC, that applies to a certain version of XBMC. You have to remember, there are hundreds of different versions of XBMC made by other users. You just have to find that right one that has it built in.

18. Ckasdf

Ckasdf Member

If it only reads the first, why do crazy things happen when two are inserted then? :D
    In addition, do you know which version of XBMC is with the trainer? I have the one from xbins, the one takled about in xboxscene.

19. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

I do not know which version it came with, and I'm not sure why it does that when you plug in two controllers. As I said, I think it might have to do with the following:

Each control port is assigned a MAC Address, (just like your computer). When the trainer starts, it will read the MAC Address of the first control port, but will accept the data from the 2-4 control ports. However, it doesn't know how to decode this data, because it didn't read the MAC Address of these ports. If you have ever taken apart the xbox, you will find that each port is connected to a board. The 1-2 controllers are connected by 1 set of wires to a board, the 3-4 controllers are connected by 1 set of wires to the same board. The board is then connected to another board through a series of contacts.

It's all pretty complicated, and I'm not sure why it would be programmed this way. My guess is that it is because Yelo was originally programmed to aid in Video productions of Halo 2, and only 1-player video productions.

Again, I don't really have an answer for these questions, that is just my guess.

And again, I state, I have no idea which version, among the hundreds out there, of XBMC, have the built-in trainer.

20. Ckasdf

Ckasdf Member

just for technicallity, the controller ports don't have MAC addresses, though they do have some sort of address to distinguish them (they're really USB ports, just in a different shape).

In addition, while it looks like two ports have one set of wires, they really have two sets blended into one. They end in a plug that has two rows of wires - each row is for each controller. The yellow wire is special, but the other wires are standard USB.

That extra board that stands up, I think it's there for convenience.