1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial for setting up Yelo15 Trainer for Halo 2 Screenshots!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by kslice917, Dec 31, 2006.

1. timmyx413

timmyx413 Member

yeah i tried that and it didnt work :(

2. timmyx413

timmyx413 Member

i try to use the trainer and when i disabled the automatic update AND developers mode. i tried to play on campaign and my screen was going crazy and wouldnt stop spinning. then i disabled the automatic update manually by changing the $U to whatever and it's still like that. also none of the button configurations work for me. like the time freeze and stuff like that. how do i work this thing is basically what i'm asking

3. Dark144

Dark144 Guest

can someone help me i put killtrocity on my xbox but after that it said failed map then i tack it off but i cna load up a game ever again like a normall gam ei can tload up nothing so if you have some answers tell me please because im lost

4. jeezy103

jeezy103 Guest

is there any trainer out there for the original halo????? better yet.. one exactly(or close to) like yelo??

5. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

There is a trainer for the original halo, but it's nothing like Yelo. In fact, the only way to use it is to copy Halo to your Xbox HDD and patch the files. If you're still interested, let me know.
    That's a bit hard to read, but I'll try. You might want to try the ol' famous modders trick here. What you do is FTP to your xbox, find the "/E/CACHE/" folder and delete everything in there (do not delete the folder itself). Now you'll need to pop in the actual Halo 2 Disk and load a multiplayer map fully. After that, it should work off the HDD. All this does is refresh the cache that your xbox saved onto it's HDD.
    Again, read the controls list I have posted somewhere in this thread; they'll help you out a lot. I would also recommend that you only have one controller plugged in when playing. Then you just use the list I mentioned above and you should be able to stop the spinning. No, I'm not sure why it does that...Here's a shortened list, see if one of these works:
    Code:
    back+dpad-up = first person perspective
    back+dpad-down = third person perspective
    back+dpad-left = chasecam perspective
    back+dpad-right = devcam perspective
    Again, when taking the screenshot, make sure you ONLY have ONE xbox controller plugged in, updates are turned off, and developer mode is turned on. Also make sure you remembered to place the "config_v1.5.inc" file in the "/E/TDATA/4d530064/" folder.

6. jeezy103

jeezy103 Guest

@kslice917 ,, i'd really appreciate it.....
    Do pass it over... :)..

7. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

Here is the download for the Halo CE Trainer Patcher. <--Click there.

It has a very good .nfo file which you can open with Notepad and read. To sum it up, there's 4 patch files, each for a separate version of of Halo CE (read the .nfo file to find out which one to use).

FTP the "default.xbe" file from your Halo CE game to your PC. Now click "Start" -> "Run" -> type "cmd" and drag the "ips.exe" file into your command prompt window and press enter. Now it will tell you want to do. Once done, you should then have a "default.xbe" and "default...bak" files in the directory you first placed the "default.xbe" file in.

Now just FTP the NEW "default.xbe" file to your xbox and have fun!

NOTE: For in-game-keys, simply read the .nfo file.

8. jeezy103

jeezy103 Guest

thanks again,
    but do you mind telling me exactly how to type the commands...?
    say i'm trying to patch default.xbe with ntsc.ips.

9. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

Well then, you know what to do to get the program started I assume?

So, here's an example of the EXACT thing you would type into the command prompt window:

Code:
    IPS "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\default.xbe" "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\NTCS.IPS" /b
    Obviously, you want to replace:
    Code:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\default.xbe
    and
    Code:
    "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\NTCS.IPS"
    with the actual location of your "default.xbe" file and your "NTCS.IPS" file, respectively.

Anything else? :D

10. jeezy103

jeezy103 Guest

I hit a snag kslice.... to avoid the long paths i simply transfered all required files to c:\.. so i typed exactly as follows:
    - To start the prog.: c:\ips.exe (up comes the blue screen at c prompt)
    -Then the patching: IPS "c:\default.xbe" "c:\ntsc.ips"
    SO??? does anything look out of place?? Given it says 'IPS'isn't a recognized command

11. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

My oh my...this is about to get more complicated (for me).

For you, just run this program I made myself (no viruses, I promise):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9GF75SDM

NOTE: You will see a message that says it works, even if it doesn't work. You'll know it worked if you see the file "SRC_BAK.TMP" in your C Drive. Sorry, but I didn't want to spend TOO much time on this.

Again, this program assumes that, as you said..all files are just in c:\

So, the following files should all be in there:
    - default.xbe
    - ips.exe
    - NTSC.IPS

and just in case you didn't get the memo: here's the in-game keys:
    Code:
    .---------------------------------------------------------------------===----.
    |                                                                            |
    |                        .oOo. RELEASE NOTES .oOo.                           |
    |                          HALO [PAL/NTSC] [+10]                             |
    |            -==============================================-                |
    |                        NEVER DIE          YES/NO                           |
    |                        FALL GUY           YES/NO                           |
    |                        UNLIMITED AMMO     YES/NO                           |
    |                        BUMP CHARACTER     YES/NO                           |
    |                        SUPER JUMP         YES/NO                           |
    |                        REFLECT DAMAGE     YES/NO                           |
    |                        MEDUSA             YES/NO                           |
    |                        ONE SHOT KILL      YES/NO                           |
    |                        CHEAT CONTROLLER   YES/NO                           |
    |                        FULL CLIP          YES/NO                           |
    |            -==============================================-                |
    |             IN-GAME KEYS :  [LEFT+RIGHT THUMBLE] = TRAINER ON/OFF          |
    |                             SELECT OPTIONS WITH DPAD                       |
    |   "BUMP CHARACTER" LETS YOU CHANGE CHARACTERS BY WALKING UP TO THEM,AND    |
    |               SWITCHING BODIES . PLAY AS FRIEND OR FOE.                    |
    |                   NOW GO KICK SOME COVENANT ASS.                           |
    |                                                  -- CZN TEAM               |
    `---====---------------------------------------------------------------------'
    EDIT: If you really want to know what the program I listed consist of, here's the source code (just so you know I didn't mess anything up on your PC). I take no responsibility should you assume this program does anything other than that listed below:

Code:
    @echo off
    cd C:\
    ips.exe default.xbe NTSC.IPS
    cls
    echo ZOMG, You'll never believe it; but patching was completed!
    echo .
    echo .
    echo .
    echo Now just put the new "default.xbe" (now called default.xbe) on your Xbox HDD replacing the old one.
    echo .
    echo .
    echo .
    echo Note: The file named "SRC_BAK.TMP" is a backup of the "default.xbe" before it was patched.
    echo NOW GO HAVE FUN!!!
    echo Made by - kslice
    pause
    cls
    exit

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  12. jeezy103

jeezy103 Guest

tnank you so very much.. now it worked... :)
    time to figure if it'll hold-up on systemlink..
    mwuahahahahaha!!! >)
    cheers..

13. JabJab42

JabJab42 Regular member

The code source looks like it was done in CMD coding

14. kslice917

kslice917 Regular member

Glad to hear it worked for you!

You got it! Might as well not complicate things :p

15. Ryoden

Ryoden Member

hey kslice, i did the thing to get the new maps and the trainer working (relic etc...) (not highground and derlic or w/e) but i still cannot use the trainer.

Last edited: May 3, 2008
  16. kmart17

kmart17 Member

how do u teleport other ppl with yelo trainer

17. susieqbbb

susieqbbb Guest

Great but could someone make this into a gamesave Trainer

There are to already one for crash bandicoot and one for need for speed but thats where it stoped at.

18. sk8retard

sk8retard Guest

Hey this is a great tutorial. i followed all the steps and when i go to start halo 2 from the launcher it frezzes and the music that is playing just keeps repeating. any ideas?