1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial for V220

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by tcm, Mar 27, 2005.

1. tcm

tcm Guest

Hello, I made a tutorial for the V220 Phone. It includes setting it up to work with the BVRP Software Multimedia Center, Making it Java Enabled, and Uploading Java Applications to it. It is very preliminary and I'm looking for some feedback. If you don't like reading, it has tons of fancy pictures. More to come, give me some suggestions.

http://www.ic.sunysb.edu/Stu/cdigiamo/tutorial/v220/
    Thanks,
    TCM

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2005
  2. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

nice one man :D

3. tcm

tcm Guest

Thanks ;)

4. tcm

tcm Guest

Can I get a Sticky?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2005
  5. mossyy

mossyy Regular member

well i cant do any stickie so u have to ask the moderators to stick that, if its worth they will, why not??

6. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Stickied.

7. Road_Hog

Road_Hog Member

Sorry, Posted in wrong thread. Can this be moved to Mossy's thread about unlocking?

Mossy,

I have read the entire thread at least a dozen times. I have D/L mobile phone tools AND the PST programmer. Phone Tools will read my phone just fine, but PST says my phone is not connected. What can I do? My phone IS connected. I am running XP Pro, my phone is a V220. I would like to unlock it so I can change the banner and delete the "locked" files and add games.

Thanx

Last edited: May 1, 2005
  8. DynoO

DynoO Member

i dont remember for 100% sureity but i think you need to change the phone modem to a com port 1,2,3 and maybe 4 the program doesnt read any higher than that i havent done this for a long time

9. gonavy90

gonavy90 Member

SWEET JOB!

10. tcm

tcm Guest

Hello,

Just wanted to say that I added a section for reversing the drivers and I also added a J2ME Java program that you can download and use midway to load onto your phone. It's a simple To-Do List (which the v220 doesn't have).

-TCM

11. nicktendo

nicktendo Member

tcm, *sigh* thank you man! I did what I was trying to do woth your thread what I've been trying to do for DAYS in this other thread!

Hats off!

12. RooR

RooR Member

thats truely nice...thank you but i still got the problem that i dont have the necessary software for the usp data cabel... can u gimme a link where i can download it?

13. tcm

tcm Guest

If you want to do everything you're going to need the P2k Drivers so that your phone installs properly. To do things like upload ringtones or download photos you're going to need Mobile Phone Tools. To enable java settings you're going to need PST Phone Programmer. And to upload the java games/applications you're going to need Midway. I tried to include as many file names as I could in the tutorial. You might get a lot of help using a website such as filemirrors.com and crafting some good search queries.

14. RooR

RooR Member

where can i get this Motorola Mobile PhoneTools?
    filemirrors.com dont got this to download :S
    i just want to get the pictures from my handy on my computer but i only have the usp cable and no software... arent there any links to download all softwares? =/
    thx in advance....

15. tcm

tcm Guest

filemirrors has it. Just structure your search a little bit better. Acronym the name or search for the version number.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2005
  16. tcm

tcm Guest

Just wanted to say that I had time last week to get my hands on a Motorola V180 and a V551 and the tutorial worked perfectly fine for both of them. Motorola V551 users just need to use Mobile Phone Tools version 3.23 (instead of 3.11h).

If someone with privledges could update the tutorial accordingly, that would be great. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2005
  17. motofan

motofan Member

what is a another version that is close to the v220

18. Jitlo

Jitlo Member

one thing...where can u get phone tools support?....i can't find it anywhere

19. techking

techking Member

20. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

techking

A simple way to test is to send yourself a pm ;)