1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial for V220

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by tcm, Mar 27, 2005.

1. freaky123

freaky123 Member

Hello there,

new to the forums here, and had a question I hoped someone might be able to answer.

I have set up Mobile Phone Tools, and it works fine. Now I am trying to use PST for java enabled games. When I go to create a new file, KJava File is not one of the options to choose from. I have a v220 phone and have used P2k for everything, but it has no option for KJava File.

Any help is appreciated!!

2. helpme21

helpme21 Guest

I have been trying for a reel long time to get a driver that will let me put pics an ringtones on my v220. ive looked at the posts on this site a lot, and downloaded mobile phone tools itsays 2.21b i might need another recent link, or a new download. i already got the usb cable, nuthins wrong with that. is says that ive coneccted my v220 every time i connect it. on mobile phone tools, it says initializing.... on the screen, an says phone image not available. when i look at the screen where you see your comp an the plugged in phone, it dosent show any folders on the phone side i got win xp home edition, an this gettin a driver thing has really been a pain. please help me.

i would really love it if someone could help me to get this to work.

3. Hain

Hain Member

helpme21,

Does the phone show as a USB modem in Device Manager when it's connected via the USB cable?

4. lannigan

lannigan Regular member

Ok guys, just wanted to let you all know i found a place to download motorola phone tools v3.20. It took me about 2 hours and a language pack install but i found it, so enjoy, you may have to drop your firewall to download this.... enjoy.... :)

http://www.ttdown.com/

use the edit, than find on this page thing in internet explorer for motorola and youll find it....

5. fatmouth

fatmouth Member

WOW! Im amazed that you found that in all that nice writing! God bless you! Im sitting here with DSL, and the transfer rate with this thing is 5.78kb a sec. This is gonna take forever to d/l But hey....its free right? LOL

Thanks!!

6. smarty789

smarty789 Member

hi8 can sum1 plz help cozz ive got a datacable for my motorola v220 but i have no software does anybody know where i can get software that will enable me to put ringtones and games onto my phone and do the other stuff?

7. fatmouth

fatmouth Member

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/226088

go to this link. there was an awesome person who gave directions to how to load this and it is MUCH faster than the previous link that was given on here.

Again, this link gives you step by step directions on how to load the software on your pc to use it with your phone.

8. hills

hills Member

i would just like to know how many days the battery actually lasts if you just send one or two messages. when i first bought my phone and i recharged it two or three times everytime i recharged the battery lasted for about a week, but now it only lasts 2 or 3 days. is that normal? or is there something wrong with my phone?

9. DrChill

DrChill Member

Great Tutorial tcm. Thanks for helping me make sense of it all. Perhaps I didn't get the right version of the phone tools, because although the tutorial got me started, setting it up didn't go so smoothly. I had to configure MPT before it would play nice with my V220. Here's were I got it figured out for anybody else who's having trouble.

http://support.bvrp.com/phpbb2/viewforum.php?f=27

"Mobile PhoneTools just says - Initializing" seemed to solve my problems.

10. kala09

kala09 Member

hi!
    i'am new here and i'm trying to look for any informations about how to get my pictures from my phone to my computer.. can anybody "tell" me how to do that?? everything is so compicated, i'm already tired trying to do that... please help me!
    kisses!!

11. dracov001

dracov001 Member

HOW DO I DELETE PHOTOS FROM THE PHONE????

12. graia

graia Member

hi, i have downloaded MPT version 1.23 (i think) and set it up and everything, but it doesn't have my phone (v220) on it.
    does anyone know where i can get some kind of an update that has the v220 on it? all the other sites dont work (ttdown.com etc.)

13. roxxors

roxxors Member

I have tried to setup Mobile PhoneTools for PC. I have a motorola V220. When I try to setup my phone, it says that my phone is being automatically installed and set up. When it get's to around 75%, the window closes, and it says that Mobile PhoneTools needs to have a mobile installed to function. I click on install, and it just starts the proccess over again. Help!

14. jlavah

jlavah Regular member

MPT is a bith, u know?

15. onlinetsr

onlinetsr Member

nice tutorial but why isnt the v220 java enabled an wats MIDlet?

16. loveben

loveben Guest

hay,

I have V220.And it says Contact service provider.
    I try yo unlock it using moto Unlocker for V80,V220.
    But it doesn't work.So how can I unlock it?

thanks
    Ben

17. hills

hills Member

i used to have a motorola v220 and i got it unlocked using the Motorola Unlocker and stuff from this website but a few weeks ago I got a new phone so I want to delete the MPT but it won't delete. When I got to Add/Remove Programs or just try to delete the whole thing manually this comes up:
    This is what comes up when I try to delete it in the Add/Remove Programs window:

Setup has experienced an error.

Please do the following:
    - Close any running programs
    - Empty your temporary folder
    - Check your internet connection (Internet-based Setups)

Then try to run the Setup again.

Error Code -5001

It's taking up room on my computer so could someone please help me.
    Thank you!

18. XweAponX

XweAponX Member

Hey I got a question about the V220... I had been using it for about a year, and it just WHAM decided to stop taking pictures, didn't drop it or anything like that... How coes the camera work, is it CCD? A cap blew or something? Why would it just stop working suddenly? When you put it into Camera mode, it just shows a black screen.

I downloaded all those drivers, is there like a Firmware revision or somethng like that? I am hoping that the thing is not broken. It at least acts like a phone, and it has the AIM in it, and that works pretty good. I have 64 kb Sims as well. These phones would be great, if they were "unlocked" and then assigned to a better carrier than Cingul-Fart. :) :p :) :p :p

19. Lithya

Lithya Member

I used this tutorial, I got rather frustrated because I had used small pieces of advice from other forums and I had to delete lots of stuff but this guide was useful. One problem, it still only says, "Initializing, please wait..." have I done something wrong!? I don't know how I can get rid of everything to start again because I think I still make mistakes. If anyone could help me I would be extremely grateful! x

20. ilovejon

ilovejon Member

can someone please help me find an unlocking program for my v220 that actually works? please. i have tried about 6 already and they all were joke programs that i have bought that said my phone was unlocked. it still keeps saying contact service provider and when i did they said that there was nothing that they could do because they do not keep unlocking codes on record so can someone please send me a link to a good program to unlock my v220? thank you