1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial: How to FTP in to your Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by PimpDawg, Jul 24, 2005.

1. biggin666

biggin666 Guest

i got my computer to connect to the xbox but will it work with the killtrocity mappack

2. leon11111

leon11111 Guest

yo i did everything u told me to do and it didnt work it kept on sayin on Connection Failed (No Route to Host)
    help me

3. morcon

morcon Guest

is there a way to edit the game saves without using ftp. i wasn't really wanting to change my dashboard or modding my xbox. i have couple games i am having trouble with and i have seen where people have changed things in the game save like ammo and health. does anyone know how to do this?

4. XBPSalem

XBPSalem Member

5. Tybro9

Tybro9 Regular member

so many questions asked before me, ill try to include all details possibly needed to answer my question as quickly as possible.

i read on the first page that you can ftp using a straight through cable with a router. but can you ftp with the straight through without the need of a router?
    I do not have a crossover cable
    and i do not have a router.
    I have a softmodded xbox. UnleashX, unknown version (if version is needed i will provide in next post)

6. sario3000

sario3000 Member

ive had some of the same problems for those getting the error messages, but finally got it to work.

Info:

Im running Avalaunch on a softmodded xbox & use SmartFTP.

I set up my computer as described in detail & xbox settings to fit.. (my only problem, is i couldnt change my IP address on my dash, but was able to change it in the XBox media center-> scroll down to settings -> choose network -> then switch the 1st choice in Network to Manual (static), then change the IP address to: 192.168.0.3 and i changed my NDS server to: 192.168.0.4.

Thats all i had to do... also try this if your still getting the error:

make sure you have a crossover cable connected from your computer to your xbox. I usually make my changes on my computer (IP address, no firewall) 1st, then power on the xbox, then open SmartFTP, then type in: 192.168.0.3 xbox xbox (as stated in instructions), and press connect. Then it will take about 2 seconds and im connected and it will say: Idle... then i can go into whatever files (D Drive in the case of SmartFTP, given i have a XBOX game in) and select all the files and right click & select "Download" then make a new folder on my desktop & save. Then it will take about 10 mins or so and ta-da! My game has been backed up. THen i run it thru Qwix and make an xiso.

Try that and see if you have problems, good luck.

7. sario3000

sario3000 Member

no, you can use a straight thru cable if your using a router.
    if not, go to EB games or Game Crazy or wherever and get a Xbox to Xbox cable (crossover cable, about $15-20) and you can hook up your xbox directly to your PC.

8. xsinxx

xsinxx Guest

ok so this tutorial looks solid and all that but i have aproblem when i g to get my ip address for my xbox it says 0.0.0.0 and it does this when i have it set to dhnc or automatic. and when i put it on static it gives me an ip address but when i type it in to the flashfxp quick connect screen it says it won't conect and shit so if you could help me it would be apreceated. thank you. sin

9. tapsta

tapsta Member

xsinxx

i haven't done this in ages, but when i followed this tutorial, it worked like a charm. My main mistake was i was setting the IP for the xbox in the ms dashboard...just make sure you do it in the evox dash and make sure you save the settings that you made at the bottom. then just reload it to verify that it went through.

and when you get to flashfxp> for the line that has Sever/Url: put the ip of the xbox there, and the username is xbox and the password is xbox. leave the port on 21. that should do it

10. xsinxx

xsinxx Guest

thank you for the tip tapsta but the probelm still continues i am using unleashed x but i don't think that it matters that much when i click on ms dashboard it says there isn't one of this i am worried about but everything else seems fine.

11. big_wes

big_wes Member

Hey everyone I followed the tutorial and got my xbox to connect the first time but i tried to connect a second time and i click connect it pauses and says connected to 192.168.0.3 but then it frezzes for a few seconds and says connention failed, what is going on and how can i fix it? thx

12. tobuei

tobuei Member

if there is anyone still willing to give advice on this topic please help i can ftp to my xbox perfectly but if i do i cant get on the internet does any one have any solutions on how to fix.

13. stevebux

stevebux Member

TOBUEI - get in touch by e-mail, we'll see what we can do.

14. mrbla

mrbla Member

i need help from any one who is using a router and knows what that cable is that plugs into the computer from the picture on the tutorial!!!!

15. shinin

shinin Member

hi you guys said that if you use a router that you cant use a cross over cable. but please tell me if this makes sense, if i connect my pc to my router, can i use a cross over cable to connect my xbox to my pc? should it work?

16. biojizz

biojizz Member

help me please thought i would throw this out there
    really new to this have managed to connect xbox to pc via flashfxp
    but does it work the other way? how can i view pc on xbox if at all and how that would work. told you i was new

17. biojizz

biojizz Member

no dont worry figured it out.
    such a newb?

18. Remark77

Remark77 Guest

Hello All,
    I have somewhat of a problem. I softmodded my box about 2 years ago. Since I have somewhat forgotten how to go about everything. It has worked perfectly until recently.
    I had saved MechAssault on the harddrive. I never ran it, I just saved it on there, with the thought of, If I needed to run the emergency linux again. Well, My son ran it to play the game and the xbox simply went black. I had Evol X (not sure of version) and several saved games on there. When you turn it on now, it simply goes to the Xbox logo, (I'm thinking getting through the bios) then where it use to bring up Evol X, now does nothing but stay at the Xbox logo screen. It will not run any games from the disc nor will it go on to Evol X. HELP!!! I can't seem to FTP it or anything. Nothing seems to work...Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanky you for your time.

Remark77

19. ad1940

ad1940 Member

Bit, I'm struggling here:

I'm using a Linksys wireless game adapter to connect to my router. Everything works fine when I connect to my xbox 360 so I know the connection is ok. But, I can't get my FTP connection working on my Xbox (running UnleashX dashboard).

I've followed the instructions (and I even had it working a couple of months ago), but it can't make the connection. It times out after 10-20 seconds.

I don't think it's a firewall issue or anything like that because I can FlashFXP to other sites just fine.

Any idea, or suggestions to try???

20. MuzicLuva

MuzicLuva Member

um hey ...everything is working....i have unleash on my dash...i have ftp'd my xbox...everythings fine...where do i go from here? i want to put emulators and roms on my xbox and i want to put some music on it...could someone help?