1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial: How to FTP in to your Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by PimpDawg, Jul 24, 2005.

1. FreyPeri

FreyPeri Member

I keep having the problem that when leaving my connection in static i lose my internet connection a lot, are there special settings that my static internet should be on or should i put it on automatic

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Make your PC a static connection also. The modem\router that you use to connect to the internet should also have it's own static address. Click on my name for networking tutorials.

3. jeezy103

jeezy103 Guest

yep...just downloaded auto install and boy is it faster....
    but many quetsions still go unanswered...
    1) isn't xbox media player supposed to play all media?? such as cds, burned videos on cds, divx, xvid files and the like..?? yet mine won't play some mp3s i burned on a cd..it simply says "disk empty" after some brief spinning.

2) i copied 5 games to the hd with hdloader (halo2, doom3, mechassault lone wolf, brothers in arms and farcry)yet only 1 (halo2)was fully playable, while the rest played worked fine, right until the first loading screen, then they all indefinetely froze..
    ...Thinking hdloader was teh problem, i tried using dvd2copy (or whatever the name is)but this one freezes at the "Launching DVD2COPY" screen....

On a final note, do AID emu-packs come with a bios??

4. jeezy103

jeezy103 Guest

actually its XBOX MEDIA CENTER....not XBOX MEDIA PLAYER....
    just realised both exist...
    PS...hope theres a codec pack out there..
    (srry for 2x posting)

5. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

XBMC will play anything you throw at it, I promise you!

If it's having trouble with CDs, it's not XBMC but you DVD drive. The Thomson drives don't read CD-R. Phillips are tempermental and Samsung reads everything except DVD-RW.

You do not need codecs.

As for your games issue, you must clear the E:\ Cache folder. Games you have been playing from disc will be corrupt and freeze if you try and run them from disc.

I don't know about the EMUs, I'm not really into that...

6. mwlai288

mwlai288 Member

hey,
    i need help connecting to my xbox using flashfxp. im using a crossover cable and i get connected but [R] connection failed (connection timed out) anyone have any solutions?

7. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Read my tutorials!

8. wdeertz

wdeertz Member

I've read the tutorials and am having trouble ftp'ing into my xbox 360. Can I ftp into an unmod xbox? If so is the username=xbox and password=xbox same as described even though its a xbox 360?

Finally, assuming I can ftp into a unmod xbox 360 will any external hard drives connected to the xbox usb ports be visible? This would really help me in terms of transferring files from my network to the xbox. Thanks for the help.

9. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You cannot FTP the 360!

10. crapmanig

crapmanig Member

what if when u got fxp running and u typed the ip and pass and xbox is connected to router and ma comp but its not connecting?

11. MFKDGAF

MFKDGAF Member

Ok I've read ever single post to try and fix my problem but it does not work. Can someone please help me on how to connect my xbox to my pc?
    I've done everything and I still can not get it to work. This is what I have done.
    I ran the run program entered "cmd" then entered "ipconfig" and got these numbers
    Then I changed my ip of my computer to 193.168.0.4 (and also tried 192.168.0.3) the submask to 255.255.255.0 and left the gateway empty.
    Then I changed my xbox's ip to 193.168.0.3(also tried 192.168.0.4) and the submask to 255.255.255.0 and the gateway to 192.168.0.1
    Then when I try to connect to the xbox using the flashfxp I get Connection failed (connection timed out) the login and password is xbox in lower case and I even tried selecting the passive thing. I was how ever able to connect my pc to the xbox through the xbox in which i can only view/listen to music, videos and pictures. Also I've read and tried putting in a gateway # 192.168.0.1 in the Internet protocol thing on windows because another post said to.
    Can someone help me and tell me what I am doing wrong?
    Also people mention these custom dashes would that be like Evox and slayer? and if so how do I load those on to my xbox becasue right now I am just using the regular dashboard that comes pre-installed on xbox when you first start it. Do I have to use the flashfxp to install those custom dashes or are those something installed when you have a hard wired mod chip installed in to the xbox.
    ~*Also my setup is that the cable line from the modem goes to a router then to my computer and to the xbox*~

Thank you for any help that will be given.

12. MFKDGAF

MFKDGAF Member

I also forgot to mention in this post/thread it mentions something about turning off the static. but i can not find that on the original xbox 360 dashboard.
    Also I noticed that on the dashboard theres lettering with a green circle that says link and another one that says Act but the act one never lights up yellow untill i try to connect the ftp to the xbox but then goes blank again.

13. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

You can't FTP to the standard dashboard!

Read my tutorials, I have written an FTP one!

14. shauntp

shauntp Member

Is it possible to use an non-softmodded xbox?

15. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

16. Delmorte

Delmorte Guest

Hey, great write up and everything was very easy. Now I do have a problem. I get connected for a few seconds than it says the connections lost and waits 120 seconds till it tries again. It is then connected again but looses connection. What am I doing wrong. I am also useing unleashx but I know little about it. I just got lucky today and got a used xbox with it installed.. :)

17. julcool

julcool Guest

OK here's my situation...
    -i got a crossover cable... i connected it to my PC but when i go to FlashFXP or smartFTP it always say " connection timed out or connection unreachable" what should i do?

-My Xbox has multiple dashboard like Xenium evox and avalunch so which one i should use because they all say different IP?

-if i have a crossover cable, do i have to just connect it to my computer replacing the internet cable or should i put it in the router?

the only thing i want to do is to put games into my xbox cause it has a lot of difficulties reading the disk and when i try to copy them it always give me errors.

18. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Please have a read of my networking tutorial! Either my guide or the posts below it will answer most of your questions

19. Delmorte

Delmorte Guest

Thanks chunkhead but that is the tut that I have been trying out the most and I still just cant connect. My problem doesnt seem to ever be covered in any troublshooting either.

I cant get onto XBOX live and I cant FTP but when I hook up my XBOX to my router for XBOX live the light on the router comes on saying that its getting something from the XBOX and the light on the port in the back of the XBOX is light up as well when I plug the cable into the router.

I called my ISP aned they are idiots. They tell me I need to pay 10 dollars a month for premium customer care if I want help on this issue ( as far as XBOX live goes ) and when I call XBOX live hopeing that if I can get online somehow my FTP troubles would be solved they arent any help at all either.

20. julcool

julcool Guest

thx but what should i put in gateway and in dns