1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial: How to FTP in to your Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by PimpDawg, Jul 24, 2005.

1. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Jump over to my networking thread, give me all your details of your network and I'll help you there!

;)

2. whatzupyl

whatzupyl Member

any chance of someone running through this with me over like yahoo messenger. give me a time in the afternoon and ill meet ya there (just tell me your user name,room)
    done heaps of ways. does ping done a certain way prove its connected
    does this have to be done in a certain order?
    can xbox+cpu address be changed to anything?
    what i really wanna know is if someone is willing to run through it with me til i get it. thanks

3. boxlord

boxlord Member

Also something you guys might want to add to your tutorials, is to make sure the IP that your xbox is set to connect to, is the same as your PC's IP, i realized this and fixed it.

If you have trying to connect using Flashfxp and its not connecting, try this...

Go to your system settings in the xbox, then go to network settings, there will be some info like current ip, MAC address, etc.

Current IP = Xbox's Ip address

IP Address = IP the FTP will connect to,
    so obviosuly this needs to be your correct IP address

Go to your computer and, start, go to command prompt, a little black box will appear

type in ipconfig
    hit enter
    there is all your network info ip, subnet mask, and gateway
    make sure the IP address here matches the IP address your xbox is connecting to

If they arent the same, go back to your xbox network settings and change the type to static, then manualy change IP address, subnet mask, and gateway to match the numbers from the command prompt box

Hopefully this little addition will help some people

(by the way, nice guides guys)

4. Flesh43

Flesh43 Guest

do we use a crossover cable or not!? rahh! and whats the difference between a crossover and a straight connect one away?

5. dide_101

dide_101 Member

why does this happen when I connect without a game in the drive the ftp works but when I do pop in a game the ftp stops and ModGUI says that connection has timed out

any ideas??

6. jgdrag

jgdrag Guest

My understanding
    A straight connect can't feed and receive where a crossover can because the wires are not in line to each other

7. nuckfumbe

nuckfumbe Guest

this guide worked for me, thanks.

however now that computer will not connect to the internet. does anyone have a solution for that?

8. 2mystuff2

2mystuff2 Member

im having problems....

i tryed it and i lost my internet connction i restarted it just in case and still no connection i i put back my defaults back

i have a wireless router i dont know if that affects the process..

9. skoplan89

skoplan89 Member

can someone help me out? first i couldnt get my xbox to connect to the ftp client, but my xbox showed that it DID have an ip, now i must have done something because it just says network error. i really dont know what to do here.

10. boxlord

boxlord Member

ok if u need help at all with this then email me at edited by ddp

ive done this alot and i know what im doing :)

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  11. skoplan89

skoplan89 Member

i have 3 different xbox's im trying this on right now, and i keep having network problems. i have a crossover cable, ftp programs, and i follow directions, there must be something im missing. please email me at edited by ddp
    if you can help, which is GREATLY appreciated.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  12. boxlord

boxlord Member

you dont even need a "crossover" cable, just a basic ethernet cable will do, all u need is a softmodded xbox with unleashed x on it, or just find out your xboxs' ip address

13. varnull

varnull Guest

Right... just read the guide chunkhead posted.. follow it step by step. This isn't rocket science so long as you take your time and follow each step in sequence.

If you have a router use it.. it makes life very much easier. If not you will NEED a crossover cable UNLESS you have a network switch somewhere.

Now for the hard of thinking...

PC

ip:: 192.168.0.1
    subnet:: 255.255.255.0
    gateway::nothing.. leave blank

XBOX

ip:: 192.168.0.10
    subnet:: 255.255.255.0
    gateway:: 192.168.0.1

Then reboot both...

check in the xbox dash settings that ftp is enabled and network settings are correct.. if so then continue..

Open ftp application.. in site manager or address bar put

xbox:xbox@192.168.0.10:21 (some clients use the format ftp://xbox:xbox@192.168.0.10 instead.. this is a little variable and can be {ws_ftp-pro} 192.168.0.10 with username and password requested when you hit connect.. so read the help file for whatever particular application it is)

Then hit connect... windows should complain about the firewall... unblock and carry on.....

14. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

boxlord & skoplan89. no email posting as per forum rules, posts edited.

15. skoplan89

skoplan89 Member

okay well none of these things are working, now its login problems that i'm having. so realize that i am reading the instructions and that the problem is something other than my IP address. i came here for help not to be treated like a retard, thanks

16. boxlord

boxlord Member

what varnull posted is exactly what i did so I know it works. Except i had to find my xbox's ip address by softmodding it first with action replay and splintercell, download unleashed x, then find it in my xboxs hard drive

to moderator: sorry i was so tired then i forgot bout the no email thing, apologies

17. ojta

ojta Member

I'm Having a problem FTP my xbox to my pc. I have an executer 3 mod chip installed for a few years now and recently i tried to ftp my xbox, but it wont connect. the little light on my xbox is flashing (as if it is talking to my computer).

The Network cable goes from my xbox into my router then into the computer.
    my computer is now on a server, could this be a problem??
    im also using an evox dash.
    i have tried alot of read alot of tutorials and so far none of them seem to be working.(they did in the past though).

Any help would be great.

18. UNIT604

UNIT604 Member

Hey, Whats up?

I was wondering if someone could give me some help on how to install EvoX on my Xbox without hardmodding it?

Also, does anyone know if ftping custom .map files for Halo will let me play them inplace of the retail maps for the game?

19. DC_FC79

DC_FC79 Member

Ive followed the guide but i cant get it to work, is the reason why it won't work because i have the default dashboard if i do need to change the dashboard then how would i go about doing it

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  20. razorryan

razorryan Member

filezilla will not connect to xbox over router typed in ip and nothing

i even try flashfxp and still nothing can some one help me