1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial: How to FTP in to your Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by PimpDawg, Jul 24, 2005.

1. enemeth

enemeth Member

dont no if it is a crossover, going through a router

2. enemeth

enemeth Member

could be straight through cable or crossover not sure

3. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Ok, well if your using a crossover cable through your router then it will not work. I hope that your not using the official Xbox link cable.

If you ever play Xbox Live, then you have the correct connection going. Here is a connection guide from xbox.com

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/connect/router.htm

So make sure everything is connected first, and then follow the guide. Make sure to enable DHCP in your hacked dashboard.

4. enemeth

enemeth Member

no i do not have the official cables.

5. enemeth

enemeth Member

and i found out that the cable is straight through , i have successfully pinged my other computer also , so i no the connection is fine , i just cant get into the xbox, is there another program that i should use , maybe my xbox doesnt have something i need?

all i want to do is take a game and copy it onto my harddrive on my computer!

Elaine

6. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Just to update everybody on enemeth's problem, he/she did not have a custom dash on their Xbox, they just had the standard MS Dash. You cannot FTP into that dashboard ya'll...

7. PAUL0617

PAUL0617 Regular member

where is it where you make sure you put yes for the static ip because i am having connection error everytime i ftp.

8. cookguy05

cookguy05 Guest

does anyone know how to ftp x-disk? i'm looking for a good dashboard. thanks so much if you can help.

9. tapsta

tapsta Member

I believe that I am having the same problem as enemeth has. when i boot up my xbox, i see 'evo x' on the top left corner of the screen but afterwards, it just goes back into the regular dashboard (i think, it looks exactly the same as it did before without the modchip) my buddies buddy did my xbox for me so I am not too sure of what kind of chip is installed.

I had read in all these ftp threads that I had to go into my evo x settings but i cannot find them. if my problem is that I do not have an evo x dashboard installed, then where can I get one to install? and if I dont have an evo x dashboard installed, then why do I see the evo x logo on my screen?

thanks for any help that I get

10. wpddpw69

wpddpw69 Member

I'm a newbie to this so please try to tolerate my ignorance, but do you have to have a custom dash to put dvd2xbox on the xbox. i followed the tutorial, but when i tried to connect to the xbox it just kept timing out. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

11. PAUL0617

PAUL0617 Regular member

this may be a stupid question but what is a dashboard.i have flashed my spiderchip and everytime i try to ftp with my crossover cable it fails.i been at this for two weeks and need help

12. PAUL0617

PAUL0617 Regular member

should you always see the bios load options when you turn on the spiderchip because i don't could it be fried

13. Zackf

Zackf Member

ya um, i have an executer2 modchip i dunno if thats the same as the dashboard so will it still work with it? by the way im using a router and i cant get it

14. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Well, I was gone on vacation for a week so sorry I didn't get back to you guys until now!

Ok, the first thing I will go into is dashboards...

A dashboard is like a GUI (graphical user interface) type of program that allows you to access things on your HD that you put on it. The original MS dashboard on the Xbox does not allow you to see anything on the HD besides music and saved game files. If you need help finding a dashboard, check out #xbins as you can find almost every dashboard ever made on it: http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/xbinshowto.htm

You will need a custom dash (such as Evolution X, Avalaunch, Unleash X, etc.) in order to FTP in to your Xbox. So don't try to FTP in to your original dash, as it will not work! So if you have a chip installed in your Xbox, that does not necesarilly mean you have a custom dash loaded on your Xbox. It is easy to find out, if it goes to a different screen besides the original start screen, then you most likely have a custom dash. If you don't have a dashboard, download Slayers from #xbins, the tutorial on how to do this is in the above link. Once you have slayers, burn the image to a quality DVD-R or CD-RW, pop it in your Xbox, and install the Apps to your E: and EvoX to your C: It's as easy as that!

Now, into crossover cables and routers...

If you have a crossover cable, such as the original Xbox link cable, then you will need to connect one end to your Xbox's ethernet port, and the other directly to your computer's ethernet port. Do not and I repeat DO NOT use a crossover cable if you are connecting through a router!

When using a router, MAKE SURE to use straight through ethernet cable. Cat 5, Cat 6, use whatever you want, just make sure it's straight through. If you do not know how to connect your Xbox through a router, then check out Xbox's official site on how to connect Xbox Live through a router, as that is the exact same setup you will need to FTP to your Xbox: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/connect/router.htm

To Paulo, you should not see a your load bios screen ever again because you have already flashed your spider chip.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2005
  15. PAUL0617

PAUL0617 Regular member

i have been having problem with ftp from xbox to pc because it keeps erroring.i been told i need a evox boot disk if this is correct how and where

16. PAUL0617

PAUL0617 Regular member

where do i get the dash from

17. PAUL0617

PAUL0617 Regular member

i tried using mirc to flashfxp but it keeps failing? any idea?

18. skat6760

skat6760 Member

I have tried all the steps here and I am still having troubles myself. I went into my dashboard and setup all the things I needed to. I know my connection to the router is good because I used it before to connect to XBL before I modded it. I just can't get it to FTP. I keep getting a connection timed ot on both FlashFTP and on my xbox FTP in my dashboard. I have run out of all options here. If anyone knows how to help please respond here or if you can do a one on one my MSN messenger name is [REMOVED] and my yahoo messenger is [REMOVED] Thanks

Last edited: Aug 14, 2005
  19. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

skat6760

Let's have a look at the forum rules - posting email addies is a no no ;)

20. skat6760

skat6760 Member

sorry about that