1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial: How to FTP in to your Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by PimpDawg, Jul 24, 2005.

1. PAUL0617

PAUL0617 Regular member

hope your vacation pimp dawg was great.i am having big problems with using mirc and ftp to pc.it keeps not connecting. i used the xbin how to.do i need to be online when i do this?

2. PAUL0617

PAUL0617 Regular member

do i need a evox cd if so how do i make one?

3. PAUL0617

PAUL0617 Regular member

i was connected to the internet and was abled to connect to the ftp.what do i do next?how do i know which folders?

4. PAUL0617

PAUL0617 Regular member

i read in ftp that you can only transfer 30 files a day.is this true?

5. skat6760

skat6760 Member

I don't know if you need the cd but I can tell you how to make one. I made evox v2.6 cd by going into xbins via flashfxp and getting the slayer v2.6 bitorrent file. Afer I got that file, I had to download a bittorent downloader/maker program since the file I took from flashfxp was unreadable by any software I had. I took the bittorent file from flashfxp and ran it in bttorrent downloader and from that it gave me an auto installer file. Run that program(you must go to the slayer website to get the password) and it will give you an iso file along with several other files. Open nero and click on burn image to disc. Copy the iso file into that and burn it and you have now created Slayer Auto Installer v2.6(or v2.5 if you went with that file) Just a note.....When I tried burning the iso file to a dvd-r it would not run in my xbox. When I burnt it to a cd-rw it worked great. The key to knowing if it will work or not is once you burn the file to disc try opening it up on your computer. If you see the iso file there then you did something wrong. If the disc is blank then it should work great in your xbox. This is how I went about getting the auto installer on cd, there may be an easier way but this is what worked for me.

6. skat6760

skat6760 Member

you can transfer more than 30 files in one day but that will be the last time you transfer files from it. They will banned you if you take more than 30 files a day

Last edited: Aug 14, 2005
  7. tapsta

tapsta Member

thanks a bunch for the info :D pimpdawg :D:D:D i just realised thoug..if i install a custom dashboard..i wont be able to play on xbox live...so i think i wont do that just yet :D thanks again

8. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Whoa hold up,just a suggestion alright why are you transferring your games to your PC harddrive and then transferring them back to your Xbox harddrive.You can cut down the time by using two ethernet cards one for your internet connection and the other one just for your Xbox connection.The Xbox connection uses a direct crossover cable to a ethernet card purposely set up for it,and your main internet connection isn't bothered by this at all whether you are running wireless or straight cable for your internet connection.Then use a program like Quix or Craxtion to make your Xbox images,the bomb programs for building XISO images.I'm just saying it is just a suggestion,you can also eliminate the hassle by storing the games directly to your harddrive with HDTools bro an extra app to install on your hardddrive.There is a program that is specificly made for launching from your dashboard that allows backing up your games to your default drive letter such as E:\,F:\ or etc....The C:\ is where your main dashboard and system files to run the M$Dash are located,and the D:\ drive is your dvd drive letter access to read the game discs.The E:\ and F:\ drives are additional space and G:\ is a possible option.If you like to play from the harddrive I would suggest looking into the HDTools.If you want to make backups on discs,then just transfer them to your PC harddrive less hassle and less time.By using the two NIC internet connection you can use internet access and use your Xbox at the same time also ;).Nice guide in all,but you can cut down alot of time by just using additional apps bro.

Check out Networking xbox to pc using 2 network cards look here: http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/network.php .I promise you this connection is the best you can use as it doesn't apply to using straight cables and messing with your router or anything that will interfere with your Xbox connection.By using a straight connection with a crossover cable you eliminate anything bothering your connection,so it is flawless to be honest.I hope I helped a little bit on setting up a connection with Xbox,there are different ways to use but this method is a secure method.

9. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

What I am saying is buy an extra ethernet card when you buy your crossover cable to setup your Xbox connection.Trust me ethernet cards are cheap now and will save you less hassle and give you the best connection you can get as it is a direct connection.

10. PAUL0617

PAUL0617 Regular member

how do you know what files to bring over(example) i have madden 06 in the cd rom of the xbox and i connect no problem to ftp but there are so many files which would it be?

11. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Everthing on your D:\ drive will be your game,just pull everything from that partition to your PC harddrive somewhere on your desktop(if you use this method though you will have to build your iso with the folder you extracted everything to with a XISO program to build the folder that contains all the game files into a XISO)or you can use something easier like Quix 1.0 or Craxtion 4.1 I think that is the latest program.You might have to manually configure them to pull the files from the D:\ drive and set your connection to work with them.I had to do that when I used Quix it isn't hard though and once you get it configured it works like a charm,but what it does is make a XISO without the added steps so you can burn your games on a disc after it finishes.I hope I helped you out,the most confusing part is setting up a connection though like PimpDawg mentioned.Good luck and glad to help you out.

12. tapsta

tapsta Member

I was thinking about this for sometime now. I can't go on Live if i change my MS dashboard. But is it possible to install an evox dashboard, copy your games over, then reinstall the original ms dashboard so you can still play on live afterwards?

13. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Notta my friend,it doesn't work like that because your original M$ Default Dash will not let you notice the games or explore/launch the games off your HDD without Evox or even on disc.Your other dashboard Evox,Avaulanch etc... will give you different possibilities.The M$ default Dashboard doesn't really let you do anything besides play online and play originals.

14. shawty

shawty Member

pimpdawg please help
    on my evolutionx dashboard, i only havethe options "games and aplications, execute game or dvd, ms dashboard, restart, power off and system utilities" and none of them have the option settings, and system utilities is just made for screen savers.
    please help

15. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

You need to go into system utilities.

16. modder_x

modder_x Guest

i ftp my xbox fine but y is it when i try to find it on the xbox i cant

17. shawty

shawty Member

please quadratic
    on system utilitys, the only sub menu is screensavers, believe me, there is no settings sub or anything, plz help
    thx shawty

18. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Your evox.ini should look like this:

FTP=YES
    SetupNetwork=YES

[Misc]

AutoLaunchGames = No
    AutoLaunchDVD = YES
    DVDPlayer = "f:\apps\dvdx - DVD Player\default.xbe"
    AutoLaunchAudio = No
    #AudioPlayer = "c:\evoxdash.xbe"
    MSDashBoard = "c:\msxboxdash.xbe"
    UseFDrive = Yes
    SkinName = matrix modded
    IGR = No
    UseItems = No
    ScreenSaver = 5
    #SkinName = Gears
    Fahrenheit = Yes
    ShadeLevel = 56

[IGR]

Start_Button = Yes
    Back_Button = Yes
    L_Trig = Yes
    R_Trig = Yes
    White_Button = No
    Black_Button = No
    A_Button = No
    B_Button = No
    X_Button = No
    Y_Button = No

[Network]

SetupNetwork = Yes
    StaticIP = No
    Ip = 192.168.0.103
    Subnetmask = 255.255.255.0
    Defaultgateway = 192.168.0.1
    DNS1 = 0.0.0.0
    DNS2 = 0.0.0.0
    SkipIfNoLink = No
    SetupDelay = 10

[Clock]

JumpToMsDash = No
    JumpIfNoLink = Yes
    Use24 = Yes
    SwapDate = No
    SNTP_Server = 216.244.192.3

[FTP]

Enable = Yes
    Password = xbox
    IGR = No

[Telnet]

Enable = Yes

[RDTOOLS]

Enable = Yes
    Name = xbox
    IGR = No

19. PAUL0617

PAUL0617 Regular member

In your custom Xbox dash (i.e. Evolution X, Avalaunch, Unleash X etc.), make sure your settings are configured for STATIC

how do you do this?

20. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Paul,

Just copy and paste what Quad wrote above in the evox.ini file. Overwrite the other contents that are there in place of what is below.

FTP=YES
    SetupNetwork=YES

[Misc]

AutoLaunchGames = No
    AutoLaunchDVD = YES
    DVDPlayer = "f:\apps\dvdx - DVD Player\default.xbe"
    AutoLaunchAudio = No
    #AudioPlayer = "c:\evoxdash.xbe"
    MSDashBoard = "c:\msxboxdash.xbe"
    UseFDrive = Yes
    SkinName = matrix modded
    IGR = No