1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial: How to FTP in to your Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by PimpDawg, Jul 24, 2005.

1. fatalist

fatalist Guest

hey i couldnt connect to my xbox because of different results from what u said to do.....when i go to network setting, right click on local area connecitions and go to properties, there is a tci/ip option there....im running on window xp.....know where i can get to that at??

2. tapsta

tapsta Member

network settings>local area connection> properties then go and scroll down to tcp/ip. go to the properties of that, and then you will see two bullets. one saying obtain ip automatically and the second one saying use these ip settings..something like that..click odn the second one and enter in the ip adress 192.168.1.4 and for your xbox to be 192.168.1.5. make sure you have a custom dashboard the M$ does not work. trying is useless. :)

good luck :D

3. shawty

shawty Member

when I try to enter network settings, it sends me back to the custom dashboard, EVERYTIME, is there any other way to do it?

4. tapsta

tapsta Member

try reinstalling your dashboard :) that might work. it could have been a faulty install.

5. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

6. BrE8nT

BrE8nT Guest

I followed the guide excactly as it said and it says connection failed?? could you help me please

7. shawty

shawty Member

evox, but i can´t reinstall it, i ´didn´t do it the first time

8. tapsta

tapsta Member

you're going to have to give us a little more information about your problem BrE8nT. which dashboard, chip and so on.

9. slapshotz

slapshotz Guest

...ok, i did everything im suposed to do so i can ftp. I go to flashfxp and i go to quick connect and i put in my ip and then user name as "xbox" and password as "xbox", it tries to connect and it does. but then it displays this...User name okay, need password.
    [R] PASS (hidden)
    [R] 530 Not logged in.
    [R] Connection failed
    .........WHAT DO I DO?!?!

Need help

10. tapsta

tapsta Member

ask the person who installed the dashboard for you if they changed the password because from what i understand. someone else installed the dashboard for you and now you are using the default log in username and password for your xbox...besides that...I dont know what to tell you, maybe someone more experienced can help you with this. I just say ask the person who did it for you if they changed the dashboard settings after they had installed it for you. Good luck! = )

11. omagiko

omagiko Member

o my god you a genius i tryed every FTP guide out there and yours was the only one that worked

12. rccland

rccland Member

i have XBMC and i wana install some emulators like NES or SNES emulators but i dont know where to copy the files can someone help me plz
    thanks

13. Sheley

Sheley Guest

pimpin pimpdawg your sweet that was amazingly easy thanks man

14. tapsta

tapsta Member

for the rccland

to install the games, the way i do it is:
    e apps
    emulators
    and then you put your emulator folder there..hahaha i think... just grab the emulators from xbins found here http://teammodders.com/viewtopic.php?t=96

to put the games into the emulator...you have to open the emulator folder first. inside the emulator folder, there should be a folder specifically for games..and you just put it in there...

kinda vague explaination..but reather simple to do...if you can't ge tit working just yet, ask again and i'll find out for sure...just haven't accessed the emulator folder in a while. =) good luck!

finally i'm a junior member...lol

15. Il_Duce

Il_Duce Member

Here we go.

First of all props to PimpDawg, nice tutorial. So here's my problem. I've managed to establish a direct connection through a crossover cable between my Xecuter modded Box and my PC. Using the programs you advised I managed to access my Box's files. Difference is, I made the connection through XBMC instead of through the dashboard. Here's my problem: I make the connection, and the folders on my Box show up. But when I start to transfer data, It won't work! The transfer speed slowly decreases to zero, while nothing happens in my queue. The ETA's drop back to zero and it won't transfer anything. What's causing this? any ideas?

Sam

16. help14

help14 Guest

could some 1 help i did what the tut says but it dont work heres what it says WinSock 2.0 -- OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004
    [R] Connecting to 192.168.1.101 -> IP=192.168.1.101 PORT=21
    [R] Connection failed (Connection refused)
    [R] Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #1
    [R] Connecting to 192.168.1.101 -> IP=192.168.1.101 PORT=21 (attempt # 1)
    [R] Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #2
    [R] Connecting to 192.168.1.101 -> IP=192.168.1.101 PORT=21 (attempt # 2)
    [R] Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #3
    [R] Retry attempt Aborted
    [R] Connecting to 192.168.0.2 -> IP=192.168.0.2 PORT=21
    [R] Connecting to 192.168.1.101 -> IP=192.168.1.101 PORT=21 (attempt # 1)
    [R] Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #2

17. haloking9

haloking9 Guest

18. DDR4life

DDR4life Member

thank u god 4 putting pimpdawg on this planet! that tut was da bomb. i was finally able 2 ftp in2 my xbox :D i had tried using other tuts but they just didn't work. props 2 u, man.

19. DDR4life

DDR4life Member

for rccland

could u tell me how u managed to get xbmc 2 run as ur dash? i've tried & tried but i can't get it 2 work. i placed xbmc in E:\Apps\XBMC. then i edited the xml home tag (<home>E:\Apps\XBMC\</home>) & placed it in C:\ i also renamed xbmc's default.xbe to evoxdash.xbe (my dash), placed that in C:\ (my default evoxdash.xbe was renamed evoxdashold.xbe) but i still get evox when i boot xbox. what am i doing wrong? ne help would b appreciated.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2006
  20. badboy25

badboy25 Guest

Can anyone help followed pimp dawgs tutorial for crossover cable and connection just times out every time.

Using avalaunch and where my I.P asddress is shown on the dashboard the following is shown:

0.0.0.0 Err X

When i go into settings and check my IP address etc. they are all correct as in the tutorial. I did notice though that if i switch to origianal MS dash and go into network settings they were all 0.0.0.0 so i changed them all to match the tutorial but they reset when i reboot my xbox, i tried to ftp while in the MS dash but connection timed out every time. PLEASE HELP ive tried turning off all firewall and anti-virus still no joy. The weirdest thing is that it used to work fine, then i formatted my pc harddrive and reinstalled everything and thats the onlything that wont work....