1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial: How to FTP in to your Xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by PimpDawg, Jul 24, 2005.

1. stevebux

stevebux Member

Yo!!! Got a problem, maybe I'm just stupid. I have downloaded Evolution X, what do I do with it now? How Do I install it on the Xbox, my box is modded and I am told that I have to have a new dashboard and flash it at the same time. ANYBODY, PLEASE

2. armr4slEp

armr4slEp Member

ok i'm having a problem its not that i can't ftp into my xbox i can if i wanna unplug it and take it downstairs and plug it into my router so i was wondering since i have a laptop and a wireless connection can i set it up that way i've tried but can't get it to connect by the way i'm using a crossover cable dash is evo x ohh b4 i forget downstairs pc ip address is 192.168.2.136 default 192.168.2.1 laptop 192.168.2.50 default 192.168.2.1 don't know if that set up right but you guys should know ....thanx

3. DAaron

DAaron Member

can you buy a direct cable at like wal-mart or somtin or the internet

4. DAaron

DAaron Member

Can i use a standerd [Bold] Ethernet [/Bold] cable?

5. stevebux

stevebux Member

You can all make your own X over cable, all you need is the connectors, 8 core cable and this diagram.
    Cross-over Cable Wiring
    Pin 1 White with Orange White with Green Pin 1
    Pin 2 Orange Green Pin 2
    Pin 3 White with Green White with Orange Pin 3
    Pin 4 Blue Blue Pin 4
    Pin 5 White with Blue White with Blue Pin 5
    Pin 6 Green Orange Pin 6
    Pin 7 White with Brown White with Brown Pin 7
    Pin 8 Brown Brown Pin 8

So as you can see for instance PIN1 white/orange would connect to PIN3 at the other end - it's dead easy; give it a go

6. stevebux

stevebux Member

PIN1 to PIN3
    PIN2 to PIN6
    PIN3 to PIN1
    PIN4 to PIN4
    PIN5 to PIN5
    PIN6 to PIN2
    PIN7 to PIN7
    PIN8 to PIN8

Hope that's a bit clearer

7. bama_gurl

bama_gurl Guest

Ok I have a question.My brother in law has got everything showing connected but ... these is still something we haven't got figured out.When he goes to transfer files from pc to xbox it isnt letting him.Can someone tell me what we are doing wrong.We are on standard dial up and running a cross over cable and as I said everything is hooked right and it is showing that it is connected but when he drags and drops the file it isnt loading to it

8. ryan1989

ryan1989 Member

i wanna mod my xbox but im so lost and dont know what im doing can someone plz help me

9. slapshotz

slapshotz Guest

I know who to mod...ask your questions and i can help u

10. jason14

jason14 Member

ok guys,
    just want to say props to pimpdawg for the AWSOME tut anyways this message is responding to ddr4lifes question about the xbox media center or w/e. You wanted to know how he got it on there well here is the best thing i could find for getting it on there http://www.productwiki.com/microsof..._xbox_to_xbox_media_center_in_30_minutes.html
    I havent done it yet but am planning to as soon as i get a orig. mechassault game and a action replay but, everyone i know and have read about said it worked great for them so i wish u the best of luck

11. dazzastar

dazzastar Member

I did everything as you said I am doing this through a straight forward cross over cabl but still no luck maybe I am missing something like drivers for my NIC card or something

12. slapshotz

slapshotz Guest

i know a friend that is really good at halo2 and he wants to mod... his gamer tag is The pyro Pimp....If anyone would be willing to help him on his quest for Modding please Message him. He wont listen to me even though i told him how to soft mod.

13. trobr

trobr Guest

Ok...I've tried a few different tutorials including this one..And yet it still doesnt work. I use a router and when I connect it says Connection Failed...And sometimes it says Connection Timed Out..So I tried connecting directly to my computer..And it says No route to Host...I used the appropriate wires and used the right settings...I've spent nearly 15 hours on this..And it still hasn't worked...Whats wrong?

14. blink2252

blink2252 Member

ok i found the multiplayer maps on the E drive but how do you access the D drive?

Last edited: Jun 19, 2006
  15. iamaznman

iamaznman Guest

omg ive gotten my xbox to ftp b 4 but now its being lame... everytime i try to connect on flash FXP it will not list the directories then it sez cant open data connection wat do think the problem is??????

16. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Check your firewall settings.

17. sabboth

sabboth Guest

wahst a crossover?

--nooby

18. menxtina

menxtina Member

hey I am new member here, and i followed every guide about this, and nothing worked,
    However following the tutorial in this thread seemed helpful because for the firstime, whenever i connect my xbox to my laptop (using a crossover cable) i have a lillte sign at the bottom right of my desktop (to computers together with a YELLOW traingle with an !), and when i click it, Status: LIMITED OR NO CONNECTIVITY
    Speed: 100.0 Mbps

a week ago this time i could ftp to my xbox without any hassel however i recieved a virus and had to reformat/reboot my laptop with a windows xp service pack 3 (i borrowed from a friend), and since then i could no fttp my xbox.

i am using EVOX. dashboard. and followed every single method here.

PLEASE HELP!

19. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Have a good check into your firewall settings. Just turning it off doesn't seem to do the trick. but making an exception for your ftp app does. Plus..and I don't think it's mentioned in the guide. don't put a default gateway into your pc settings unless running on a router. and make the xbox default gateway the same as the pc IP..That should crack it.
    Also try rebooting the xbox fully after every change.(remember to save and exit..I spent a few hours early on before I realised I was just hitting exit) It's not very good at applying changes on the fly.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2006
  20. menxtina

menxtina Member

"Just turning it off doesn't seem to do the trick. but making an exception for your ftp app does."
    what do you mean by an exception for ur ftp?

i have turned off my firewall (from the little shield icon in the bottom right corner), is there another way i could turn it off, or is there another firewall apart from this one?

thanks for the help