1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TUTORIAL: How to FTP...Made EASY!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by tEChniiQue, Sep 2, 2005.

1. simonuk

simonuk Member

Update to my problem... managed to sort it out! I had to remove firewall settings that were built in the router too.

2. simonuk

simonuk Member

OK... apologies. Me again. I have tried searching the forum but can't find any answers to this. Have successfully set up FTP with xbox and PC on router using DCHP but I wanted to update to a newer dashboard - currently have EvolutionX +3935. I've found plenty of posts on swicthing from original to Evox but nothing on upgrading. Am I being stupid... is it really easy? Also is EvoX the best one to use or is Avalaunch? Finally where do I download these from.

If someone can help me out it would be much appreciated. And if I have posted in wrong place I apologise - please just direct me to right place.

Many thanks!

3. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

No you're not being stupid...EvoX is a great dashboard but I prefer Avalaunch. As far as downloading dashboards, a good place to look is #xbins.

Follow this tutorial and it will help you to connect in seconds: http://www.teammodders.com/viewtopic.php?t=96

Once you have the dashboard, just FTP it to the same drive that holds your current dashboard, restart, and then you'll be able to switch between the two (or more if you install more) via your current dashboard.

Any problems, just post

4. simonuk

simonuk Member

Thanks so much for that.

Have managed to connect up to Xbins fine and can download the software. The only thing I'm not sure of is how to install it on the Xbox. I know there are guides on this but they seem to be if you're replacing your original MS Dashboard. I have EvoX working ok but would like to either switch to Avalaunch or be able to switch to it. I'm just a bit worried about making any changes in case I screw something up that is working ok at the moment. If it's just a case of copying the files over via FTP whereabout should I put them?

5. jjrbkab

jjrbkab Member

hi i'm a new at this, i downloaded a game off the net and it game me a bunch of .r and winrar archives. i want to transfer the game via ftp to my hdd. how do i do that and do i have to change the format of the files? Please help........

6. simonuk

simonuk Member

I mean be wrong but I think all you have to do is unzip it. You should then be able to place the folder where the rest of your games are on the Xbox HD and it should work. But I'm new at this too so I may be wrong.

On a similar subject if a game that is backed up on the HD doesn't boot up does that mean it needs a patch? If so where would you find a patch?

7. Jack007

Jack007 Guest

Hi,was wondering if you could help me,i have an xbox with an Aladin chip & Evolution x dashboard.
    I've used FXP flash to connect my xbox to my pc with success,i get all 7 folders c,d,e etc which is fine,but when i put a game in the xbox it loses the connection to my pc.
    Any chance you could help please.
    Thank's.

8. simonuk

simonuk Member

that's a strange one. Is your Xbox trying to load up the game when you insert it? If so that will be why you lose connection. Make sure auto load of game is off on the settings in your dashboard and try again.

9. Jack007

Jack007 Guest

Thank you,will give that a go tomorrow & let you know how i get on.
    It is set to yes,so i'll change it tomorrow.
    Thank's.

10. modderman

modderman Member

Where can u get good linux installers like Avalaunch?

11. Shrimpyab

Shrimpyab Member

I can't get my xbox and pc to connect through flashfxp.
    [R] Connecting to 192.168.0.2->IP=192.168.0.2 PORT=21
    [R] Connected to 192.168.0.2
    [R] Connection failed (Connection lost)

What am I doing wrong?

12. simonuk

simonuk Member

How are you trying to connect up the Xbox? Are you using a router or are you connecting up directly to PC? What dashboard have you got? At the beginning of this thread there is a good step by step guide. Follow those steps and if it still doesn't work let me know the above info.

13. simonuk

simonuk Member

In answer to your question Modderman you should be able to download Avalaunch directly from their website I think. If not you can definitely get it from #xbins. For more info on that just look at the link Technique left for me to an earlier question on this page. You can find nearly almost all software for your xbox through that.

14. Shrimpyab

Shrimpyab Member

Im using a linksys router. Im using unleashx. On the bottom right it says IP: 192.168.0.2 Static. So I used this ip in flashfxp and it connects for a second then it says connection failed everytime.
    [R] Connecting to 192.168.0.2->IP=192.168.0.2 PORT=21
    [R] Connected to 192.168.0.2
    [R] Connection failed (Connection lost)

Would it be better to connect staight into my pc? If I do that how do I ftp it? My AIM is XRollrCoastrFrkX. I'm always on.

I just found out that my router ip is 192.168.1.101
    It does the same thing though.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
  15. Shrimpyab

Shrimpyab Member

I figured it out! I changed the ip on my xbox to my router one.

16. simonuk

simonuk Member

excellent mate! glad u sorted it out! i had big probs getting mine set up, but once you have the settings right it's easy. and i think it's better to be connected to the router to be honest. any other questions let me know and i'll help if i can

17. tucker200

tucker200 Guest

hay i just read ur softmod explaning how to softmod and i should give $300 just for being so nice with the pics and everything, all the other places were so hard to understand.

10 thumbs up :)

18. Jack007

Jack007 Guest

still having the same problem,can connect pc to xbox using FTP flash,can see the 7 folders,then i put a game in & i lose connection because the game starts.
    Have gone into my dashboard(Evolution X)system utilities,settings & turned Auto Launch Games to off,but when i put a game in it seems to go back to ON & starts the game.
    Any help would be great.

19. simonuk

simonuk Member

You're probably forgetting to save changes! Scroll down and save before exiting settings page.

20. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

[bold]@simonuk[/bold]

The best way to install multiple dashboards if you're new to this is use Auto Installer Deluxe. #xbins and torrent trackers should be able to help you in that area (please don't ask for links). You just need to find a file called Auto Installer Deluxe...and yur problems will be solved.

[bold]@jjrbkab[/bold]

Right click on the file that is labeled something like "001" or "01" and select extract here. If you can't find a file like that just clikc on any single file and perform the same action.

[bold]@Jack007[/bold]

Are you try to transfer the game files to your computer???
    [bold]IF NOT:[/bold] Don't put the disc into the xbox until you're done with your transfers both ways.
    [bold]IF SO:[/bold]You're gonna have to use EvolutionX as your dashboard and Craxtion as your PC tool. Craxtion will allow you to rip the game disc to your PC via FTP.

[bold]@modderman[/bold]
    AVALAUNCH is a Dashboard.
    No you cannot get it from the "teamavalaunch" site. What you can get from their site is Qwix (an XBOX FTP client) which was made specifically for that dashboard. Try #xbins or a torrent tracker (i.e. XBOX Sky)

[bold]@tucker200[/bold]
    [bold]WOW!! $300 smackers huh!![/bold] "So precise" What could I have done to make it an even $500 or maybe even a cool thou--?
    [bold]JOKING[/bold] Thank you very much...I'm just glad that you understand it and it got you FTPing.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2005