1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TUTORIAL: How to FTP...Made EASY!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by tEChniiQue, Sep 2, 2005.

1. curtis18

curtis18 Member

my xbox went all blcak after a sign on the tv said ask for costumor assistance in like 10 different laungauges. i can still play games but i cant go to my dash board any more plz help.

2. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

curtis18

This happened after you tried to FTP??? Sounds more like a softmod gone bad...

3. curtis18

curtis18 Member

yea i was tryin to soft mod when this happened. so how do i fix it?????

4. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Check your PM's. Your issue is Softmodding so this would be the wrong thread to get answers. Check your PM box and we'll go from there.

5. curtis18

curtis18 Member

PM BOX??? IM NOOBIE AND DONT UNDERSTAND PM BOX. WHATS THAT???

6. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

Look at the top of your screen where it says private, click that and it will take you to your "Private Message" Inbox "PM" :)

7. casper123

casper123 Guest

i have flash ftp but it wont connect any help would be great

8. penisterd

penisterd Guest

i acedentally formatted one of my drives, i cannot get 2 any dashboard and im trying 2 softmod, but i cant redo anything cause my xbox wont read any saves help would be greatly appreciated.

thx in advance

9. penisterd

penisterd Guest

um if u want ill start a new thread tech.

10. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@casper123
    I can try to help but I need to know exactly how you're trying to connect to your XBOX via PC.
    Basically one of two ways: Direct via a crossover cable or over a network by use of a router.

11. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@penisterd
    Yes, please do...hdd's and ftp a little off. Thanks. Also, check you private messages.

12. bugoy

bugoy Member

Posted this on the [bold]help connecting to xbox with flashFXP[/bold] thread as well. Just need someone to help me!

Trying to connect the modded Xbox to my PC, via router using DHCP. I'm able to connect however. I was even able to transfer a sample file (eg. items.txt from the xbox's C drive) to test the FTP transfer function. All good there.

When I load a game and try to go to the D drive for the files, I lose connection. Tried this for two games, same result. What am I doing wrong here? This is quite frustrating.

There's a connection prior to a game being loaded.

Is it because “Auto load” is enabled? Is this something I could disable under options or settings? Sorry don’t have the xbox in front me right now. Did spend quite a few hours on it last night though.

Please help!!!

13. rS_x_Jack

rS_x_Jack Guest

Hello. i have done everything and downloaded flash fxp but when i go 2 site manager it says default sites instead of xbox. what have i done wrong?

14. blind_man

blind_man Guest

I am having problems connecting my xbox to flashfxp. I am using unleashX and i am having trouble finding the ip address of my xbox. On the main menu it doesn't give me a IP address and in system info it doesn't have an ip address. Can anyone help me?

15. casper123

casper123 Guest

@tEChniiQue im a router

16. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@bugoy

What it sounds like to me is you're trying to FTP the files from the disc loaded on your XBOX to your PC. If true, for the best results (not the only way) but use EvoX as your dashboard and load Craxtion 4 on your PC. That software can rip info from your XBOX's hdd to your PC for you to manipulate, create backups, etc...

Visit: http://www.craxtion.com and download the latest verion of Craxtion and .net Framework if you don't already have it.

17. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@rS_x_jack

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b378/techniique/site-manager.jpg[img]

Right click where it says FlashFXP Sites and click new site. A window will appear like the one above. Input your info corresponding to your XBOX in the spaces provided.
    Make up any name you wanna call it (i.e. XBOX 1, XBOX 2, etc.)
    The IP that your XBOX has displayed. Make sure if you're using a router, that DHCP is enabled (not mandatory) but it's one of the easier ways to create a network.
    And most of the time the password is "xbox" with the same user name "xbox". I have seen some Xecuter 3 chips make the un: X3 ans well as the password but it's probably xbox/xbox.

That's it. Just like the tutorial on the first page of this tutorial said.

18. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@casper123

Make sure that DHCP is enable on your xbox for best results and then try to connect via your FTP Client.

19. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@blind_man

[​IMG]

Here is an example of an UnleashX dashboard. As you can see, the IP is located in the bottom right. If you don't have one there then you need to recheck your setup.

If you're using a router make sure DHCP is enabled on your XBOX, restart it (the xbox) and then try to connect. It should be automatic. As for you a direct connection with a crossover cable...you have to make sure the connection you're using on the PC has been made static as well as the XBOX you're trying to connect to before getting a good connection.

[bold]@EVERYONE:[/bold] NOBODY HERE HAS A PROBLEM HELPING ANYONE but remember there is a full tutorial on the first page of this thread describing (with images) a lot of the question being answered. See it here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/228294

Good Luck!

20. bugoy

bugoy Member

@ tEChniiQue

First of all, thanks for your help! Was hoping you’d respond to my post. Much appreciated.

Exactly what I’m trying to do. So are saying I should transfer the data (eg. game) to the xbox HDD first? Or can Craxtion rip from the Xbox disc?

Have Craxtion, latest version. Think it’s 4.0. Where can I find the .net Framework. Struggling to find this.

Thanks again.