1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TUTORIAL: How to FTP...Made EASY!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by tEChniiQue, Sep 2, 2005.

1. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

k thanks and cud u plz tell me where i could get these hacked dashboards? ive heard of these newsgroups and mirc but i dont know much about them so could someone give me like a URL or something? i really want to get this working. (preferebly common dashboards such as evoX, unleash X or avalaunch.)

2. theridges

theridges Guest

torrent sites have the auto installer deluxe disc go to bitlord.com and download that and then go to isohunt.com and search "AID 3.0" something will come up...

3. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

hi again! ive got all the stuff now and im trying to ftp and on flash FXP it just does the normal error thing. all my i.p settings are correct i know they are the xbox's i.p is 192.168.0.100 and i set my i.p. on the computer to 192.168.0.1. so anyways i tried using qwix and it said language text missing. can somebody help? oh and ive got a connection between my xbox and computer because when i turn on the xbox the local area connections thing pops up and says connected so...yeah please help!!!

4. theridges

theridges Guest

so you are going through a router then.....in flashfxp when you connect the ip you enter should be
    pass-xbox
    user name- xbox

then click connect

if this does not work go into your dashboard settings and change the ip address from static yo dhcp, save settings and reboot the xbox and see if it gives u the same ip if a different one, put the new one in your ip address in flashfxp and try to reconnect....

turn off your windows firewall if its on.....

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2006
  5. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

ok heres the thing this is a newly modded xbox and im trying to FTP but i dont have a hacked dashboard atm installed. what im thinking of doing, because everything is so complicated, is FTP'ing into my xbox, taking my copy of evox and the bios and everything and replacing the original ms stuff with the evox. later on putting games on its HDD. so anyways i went into my LIVE settings and my xbox's i.p. is 192.168.0.100. so this is what i have on my settings and this is whats happening.

im doing the "use the following i.p. address" and its:

IP address:192.168.0.100 (same as my xbox's)

Subnet Mask is: 255.255.255.0 (same as the xbox's)

Default Gateway is . . . of course.

so now i take my CROSSOVER CABLE (yes, im sure its the right one it says cross over right on it) hook one end to the xbox and the other into my computer's ethernet port. when i turn on the xbox, my local area connection pops up and says connected. (before i was doing something wrong and was getting limited or no connectivity, but now its full). when i turn off the xbox it says its un-plugged so i know theres a good connection here. i open up Flash FXP and follow these steps:

i push F8 then for the URL i put: 192.168.0.1

port 21

username xbox

password xbox

it says connecting at the bottom in green letters my IP address and the xbox's IP address then --> port 21 its a good connection then it just says failed then doesnt work. i also tried using qwix, all the same settings and it said the "language text missing"?!? (never heard of it).

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP!

ive been trying to get this to work for weeks...

remember modded xbox but original MS dash.

in case you need to know, ive got a XENIUM chip and the Xecuter2 bios running atm.......thanks,

~~omar~~

(GAMER4LYFE)

6. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

oh and one more thing! (LOL), my firewall was turned off as well as my anti-virus software.

7. theridges

theridges Guest

ok i believe if im not wrong you need a modded dashboard to ftp what you need to do is download the auto installer deluxe disc and install a modded dashboard...

8. omar3333

omar3333 Regular member

ok ill do that...but i am getting a connection because when i turn the xbox off it says un-plugged cable then when i turn it on it says connected...so...yea ill try it anyways thanks theridges

9. Jigen

Jigen Regular member

This means the cable is working at least, but guarantess nothing with regard to your network settings being correct.

10. theridges

theridges Guest

like jigen said the computer is recognizing the xbox but without a modded dashboard you will not be able to ftp....

11. op2206

op2206 Guest

Im very frustrated with this flashFTP ive tried everything still doesnt work. I would connect at the beggining and i was able to send in files and stuff but now it doesnt connect and im kinda mad lol. but i mean ive tried everythin and still nothin i dunno why it doesnt conncet anymore its crazy...

12. theridges

theridges Guest

how are you connecting to the xbox router/or directly??
    what dash are you running and is it set to static or DHCP?

13. op2206

op2206 Guest

ok well i have a dsl connection and its hooked up to a router from the router i have a ethernet cord connected to the xbox....i have xectuter2 runnin on my xbox...its softmodded...its also static ip...i mean i used to connect perfect to my xbox but now somethin happen..... the only diff is that i got a new antivirus and i kinda messed wit my router setting to open a port thats it....any help

14. op2206

op2206 Guest

WinSock 2.0 -- OpenSSL 0.9.8b 04 May 2006
    [R] Connecting to 192.168.1.2 -> IP=192.168.1.2 PORT=21
    [R] Connected to 192.168.1.2
    [R] 220 Please enter your login name now.
    [R] USER xbox
    [R] 331 Password required for xbox.
    [R] PASS (hidden)
    [R] 230 User xbox logged in , proceed.
    [R] SYST
    [R] 215 UNIX Type: L8
    [R] FEAT
    [R] 502 feat is not implemented.
    [R] REST 100
    [R] 502 rest is not implemented.
    [R] This site may not allow file resuming
    [R] PWD
    [R] 257 "/" is current directory
    [R] TYPE A
    [R] 200 Type set to ASCII.
    [R] PASV
    [R] 502 pasv is not implemented.
    [R] Listening on PORT: 2668, Waiting for connection.
    [R] PORT 192,168,1,101,10,108
    [R] 425 Can't open data connection to 192.168.1.101:27658
    [R] List Error
    [R] PASV
    [R] 502 pasv is not implemented.
    [R] Listening on PORT: 2693, Waiting for connection.
    [R] PORT 192,168,1,101,10,133
    R] 425 Can't open data connection to 192.168.1.101:34058
    [R] List Error
    [R] PASV mode failed, trying PORT mode.
    [R] Listening on PORT: 2703, Waiting for connection.
    [R] PORT 192,168,1,101,10,143
    [R] 425 Can't open data connection to 192.168.1.101:36618

15. theridges

theridges Guest

on the xbox dashboard set it to DHCP and put the IP it assigns your xbox into flashfxp and it should work.....

16. op2206

op2206 Guest

yea i tried taht man but still gives me the same list i showed u...i dunno why i tried..i read ur post so i changed everythin and for some reason dont work...u think maybe its my antivirus or somethin blockin it?

17. theridges

theridges Guest

yea turn your antivirus firewall off if you have one....

18. op2206

op2206 Guest

i have lol...ive disabled my router firewall my windows firewall and my antivirus firewall but nothin still :(

19. theridges

theridges Guest

do you have a network set-up on your computer
    start-control panel-network internet connection-create home network....

20. op2206

op2206 Guest

i should but ill make one anyways ok after i make it?