1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TUTORIAL: How to FTP...Made EASY!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by tEChniiQue, Sep 2, 2005.

1. xyron

xyron Guest

this is what it says on smart FTP.

i have the xbox on and in the setting place and it says connected then it says timeout? why is this happening?

oh and im using unleashX dashboard.

2. xyron

xyron Guest

OH NO! :((((

i accidently deleted my msdashboard what do i do? PLZ HELP!
    i accedently pressed format E: and now when i try to restore my ms dashboard, it doesnt work. i used softmod installer delux v2.0
    PLZ HELP ME :{

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2005
  3. xyron

xyron Guest

oh now i have error 13. F#$%
    can a modchip fix the problem? guys, will someone still fix it for me if i still have warrenty?

4. xyron

xyron Guest

ok im back to my unleash dash board, but now i dont have a dvd2xbox program in it, i downloaded the dvd2xbox.rar, and i need to know where to put the file contents, which drive do i put it in?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2005
  5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

uasly you would put the dvd2xbox folder in your aps folder. Mine is on E: drive in APS folder.

6. xyron

xyron Guest

hi, i put the dvd2xbox in the dash board, when i go to applications it says dvd2xbox, but when i select it, it just tells me to wait, and iv waited for a long time.? is there any other place where i can get dvd2xbox which works!

7. sdinos

sdinos Member

OK everything looks nice and easy. My problem is that I can't find the location where FTP settings are located. I have evolution X. I did set my FTP subnet and gateway but can't seem to find the location to eanble FTP and set ID and password. Please help. I am so close but yet so far :)

8. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@sdinos
    On the first page with all the pictures!! EvoX is the second "set" of screenshots.
    [bold]Part 1b: Network Settings for the Xbox (EvolutionX)[/bold]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2005
  9. pacmayne

pacmayne Member

Hey guys...im having a few problems when im trying to ftp to my xbox..
    i'm using a softmod, and i have evo-x installed
    my connection might be the problem..but i dont think so.... this is what i have

i have a wireless usb network adapter for my computer, that's how i get my internet, and then i have a crossover cable from my box to my computers ethernet port..

will that work?

if anybody wants to talk on aim that can help me, that'd be better...because i dont really know what you need to know to help me on here, so if you wanna message me on aim..just tell me and ill pm you my sn. ;)

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@pacmayne

If your hooking up your Xbox to your computer trew an etherntet port then yes you need to use a crossover cable. If your going threw a hub or router then you need just reguler network cables.

You said you have a wirless network card for your internet. Is your modem wirless or are you running your modem into a wireless router then to your computer?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2005
  11. pacmayne

pacmayne Member

i have my cable modem into my router.. i think my routers wireless too lol it has two antenna's sticking out..so im assuming its wireless..heh

12. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It would be easier to plug the Xbox into your router with w reguler networking cable and then set the dashboard on your Xbox in the network settings to DHCP that way the router will set up the conection between your Xbox and router. Once you do that then get the IP address that the router assigns to the Xbox and use that as your IP address on the FTP program your using to conect on your computer.

You dont have to have a wirless networking adapter to hook upto your router. There should be 4 ports on the back of the router to connect 4 things to it with a netwrok cable. So hook a reguler netwrok cable from your Xbox into the back of the wirless router.

13. pacmayne

pacmayne Member

yes i know..but the router is downstairs.. and if i hook my xbox up down there my mom will have an absolute hemerage..cuz i'm not allowed on it right now..lol but hey man...can you please lemme know if i can message you on aol instant messenger? it'd be so much faster.. :)

14. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I dont have AOL instant messenger. mater of fact i dont have any meesenger cause I dont want to be bothered with messages being sent every second. I dotn even have a messenger installed for my family to message me they can e-mail. So I guess your back to using the crossover cable. Go to the first page of this thread and read how to connect with a crossover cable. it isnt that hard if you follow directions.

15. pacmayne

pacmayne Member

lol. wow.
    i tried that how many times? it dont work k.

16. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I sent you a private message so reply to it.

17. vanilaice

vanilaice Member

i hope this post is still active...anyways, this is to bridge right? im pretty stupid when it comes to computers but i think this is for bridging on halo 2 and getting host every game, which is all i want to do...just pm me if you can help with that

18. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@vanilaice
    No sir, this isn't bridging. FTPing is a way to transfer files back and forth between components. For example; an xbox game from an xbox hdd to a PC so it can be back'd up to DvD-R.

19. Nath79

Nath79 Member

Okay guys, I'm new but I've been following the advice of this forum.

My problem is that I've got a brand new pc and my xbox is modded and everything else like that. I'm using a crossover cable to link and my network status is stipulating that there is a network cable unplugged, yet both are plugged into ports and I've changed all the IP settings as stipulated.

When using FlashXP it's saying that there is no connection to the host and such.

Is it safe to assume that the network card is faulty or that the XBox port is stuffed?

I'm running XP Service Pack 2, is there a further tab in the network settings that I need to turn off? I've got Norton installed, would this contribute to the error message?

I just can't fathom that its my network card given its onboard and I've only had the pc for a week.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

20. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Do you have your Xbox and computer on when you have the cable connected?

You might think thats a stupid question but i helped somone the other day had the same problem and they didnt have thier Xbox turned on. So it wasnt making a connection between the Xbox and computer.

If so next thing to do is try to use a reguler Network cable conect it between the two and see if your networking card will show enable then. You wont bebale to connect with a reguler netwrok cable but it should make a link between the 2. If it does then more then likly you have a bad crossover cable.