1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TUTORIAL: How to FTP...Made EASY!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by tEChniiQue, Sep 2, 2005.

1. Streaker

Streaker Member

nevermind I found out the problem. My chip is the Xecuter 3 so it changed my password and username to x3

2. qbit

qbit Guest

Hi all,

I’ve recently decided to network my Xbox to my laptop to try and move some ISOs over, but I’m having problems. I’ve read the tutorial and thought I did everything right, but I just can’t get the Xbox and laptop to connect. I’m trying to connect with a static IP and my stats are below:

Xbox

Line Status: No Link!
    Setup Network: Yes
    Use Static IP: Yes
    IP: 192.168.0.3
    Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
    DNS: 0.0.0.0

Pc

Clicking on TCIP/IP and going to my lan connection I go to the Alternate Configuration tab and have:

IP address: 192.168.0.3
    Preferred DNS server: Blank

The crossover cable works fine (tested with my router and laptop).
    The firewall is turned off.
    Mod chip: Xecuter2.
    I’m using EvolutionX.
    Trying to move ISOs with Qwix.

I don’t know if the network card is bad in the Xbox or what and I can’t think of anything else to try, I’m just so frustrated. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

3. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

4. qbit

qbit Guest

@tEChniiQue

I'm confused - I thought DNS was used for the web, why do I need to contact my ISP when I'm just connecting my laptop to my Xbox? Can I just type some random numbers into the DNS field and make sure they're the same for both the laptop and Xbox?

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@qbit

If you posted the below information right then I see your problem.

Xbox

Line Status: No Link!
    Setup Network: Yes
    Use Static IP: Yes
    IP: 192.168.0.3
    DNS: 0.0.0.0

Pc

Clicking on TCIP/IP and going to my lan connection I go to the Alternate Configuration tab and have:

IP address: 192.168.0.3
    Preferred DNS server: Blank

You have both your laptop and your Xbox IP set to 192.168.0.3 either that or you made a typo and one of them has a diffrent IP.

everything else looks alright so if you do have both IP addresses at 192.168.0.3 change 1 of them to 192.168.0.2 and keep the other 1 the same and you should get conected.

6. qbit

qbit Guest

@larrylje

Ok, I changed the laptop IP to 192.168.0.2 and still get Line Status: No Link! I'm so frustrated. So, do I need the DNS filled in like tEChniiQue said? With it at 0.0.0.0 and with some random numers i put in (both the same on the Xbox and laptop) I still can't connect. I'm starting to wonder if the network card is bad.

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

The only reason that the DNS entry needs to be filled out is so you can accesses the internet on your Xbox. It dosent need to be filled out to FTP.

If your not getting a conection between your laptop and Xbox then either your Network adaptor is bad in the Xbox or the Laptop or the crossover cable is bad or isnt a crossover cable at all.

Are you sure its a crossover cable?

Even tho you connected it to your router and laptop your router can use a crossover cable or a netwroking cable and make a connection.

But if you can make a conection from your laptop to your router then the networking card on the laptop should be working.

@qbit Check your Private Messages I sent you 1.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2005
  8. NateOB

NateOB Member

Hey, i loved the tutorial, it was very indepth and i learned alot from it. I have one last question, do you have to have a physically modded XBox to do that all?

Thank you!

9. NateOB

NateOB Member

oh yea, and do i need to use MechAssault or 007 Agent Under Fire to install it as well like i have hear with Linux?

10. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@Nate

Yes you need to have your Xbox either Hardmoded or Softmoded. Below is a guide on how to softmod your Xbox with Krayzies installer. He has the game exploits linked to his site.

http://www.freewebs.com/betatester/profile2.htm

Very easy to do if you just follow the directions. If you still have questions on how to do the softmod then feel free to Private Messege me and I can help. We really shouldnt get off the topic of this thread which is how to FTP.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2005
  11. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

[bold]@NateOB[/bold]
    Thank you, I'm glad you like the tutorial. If you have any issues with FTPing feel free to post here.

[bold]@qbit[/bold]
    Sorry I wasn't here to answer your question. Yes...larrylje is right about the DNS.
    The only reason I said something about using the DNS was because you were using a laptop for a direct connection. WHY? Well I've never seen a laptop with more than one LAN Connection made into it. So I didn't want you to create a static IP and when you're not FTPing have trouble accessing the internet w/o DNS servers being input.

12. xLILMILX

xLILMILX Member

i accidently chnaged my ip on the xbox to random nubers, so i tried putting those numbers on flash and it still wont let me, im using static so any suggestions PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ and do i get on xb live with unleashedX, so help PPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZ

13. xLILMILX

xLILMILX Member

accidently chnaged my ip on the xbox to random nubers, so i tried putting those numbers on flash and it still wont let me, im using static so any suggestions PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZ and do i get on xb live with unleashedX, so help PPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZ
    my hotmail is

Last edited: Oct 29, 2005
  14. asx_100

asx_100 Guest

I get the following message from FlashFXP when i try and connect my xbox and pc. It seems to connect, but then i can't acess any of the files on my xbox. It seems to just close to connection "226 Transfer finished successfully. Data connection closed" but i didnt transfer anything :-S. I am using a crossover cable. Can someone plaese help??

WinSock 2.0 -- OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004
    [R] Connecting to xbox -> IP=192.168.1.200 PORT=21
    [R] Connected to xbox
    [R] 220 Please enter your login name now.
    [R] USER xbox
    [R] 331 Password required for xbox.
    [R] PASS (hidden)
    [R] 230 User xbox logged in , proceed.
    [R] SYST
    [R] 215 UNIX Type: L8
    [R] FEAT
    [R] 502 feat is not implemented.
    [R] REST 100
    [R] 502 rest is not implemented.
    [R] This site may not allow file resuming
    [R] CWD F:\
    [R] 553 Requested action not taken. /F:\/
    [R] PWD
    [R] 257 "/" is current directory
    [R] TYPE A
    [R] 200 Type set to ASCII.
    [R] PASV
    [R] 502 pasv is not implemented.
    [R] PORT 192,168,1,105,4,83
    [R] 200 Port command ok.
    [R] LIST -al
    [R] 150 Opening ASCII data connection for ls /.
    [R] 226-free disk space under this directory :
    [R] 226 Transfer finished successfully. Data connection closed.
    [R] QUIT
    [R] 221 Goodbye.
    [R] Logged off: xbox

15. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@asx_100
    What type of connection are you using between your XBOX and PC. Direct via a crossover or over a router?

16. asx_100

asx_100 Guest

Direct crossover

17. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@asx_100

does it do this right when you try to connect or does it do this when you insert a game disc in the Xbox. because if you have auto-start on for the game it will disconnect your conection when the game starts.

18. tEChniiQue

tEChniiQue Guest

@@asx_100
    Make sure that both your PC and XBOX have static IP's assigned to the LAN connection you're using.

19. xLILMILX

xLILMILX Member

cant sign in into xb live with unleashedx i already ftp my xbox i just want 2 sign on xb live i doont care if i get banned so what sum 1 help me

20. matt87

matt87 Member

im new to this im trying to connect my xbox to pc but it wont connect trough flash fxp cause it says

WinSock 2.0 -- OpenSSL 0.9.7g 11 Apr 2005
    [R] Connecting to Xbox -> IP=10.0.0.2 PORT=21
    [R] Connection failed (Connection timed out)

can anyone help fix this problem i have read all the guides but i dont know what i have done wrong send me an email with all the info thanks (m_tipping04@hotmail.com)