1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TUTORIAL: How to play backups w/o mod chip, only Max Drive Pro Memcard

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by brucedlx, Jan 22, 2006.

1. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

YattaroDO:

The link I posted on the first post (tutorial) is the same MAX Drive Pro I bought. I don't see another max drive pro on the codejunkies website... link??

Xerofyre:

This is quoted right from the codejunkies website:
    ""
    The Loader Disc boots on any GameCube from any region, and loads files from the MAX Drive Pro cartridge. Files are displayed in a simple file structure and any executable files are pre-loaded and run
    ""

So you should be able to get rid of your freeloader and load imports w/o even GcoS just the loader disc.

Here is a link on how to tweak the GC Laser to read your disc:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/138930

2. xerofyre

xerofyre Regular member

the loader disk doesn't have an option to boot game, it just lets you load files....

anyways, would it work if I got a replacement top and used regular dvds, or would I still have to adjust my laser?

oh and I bought my gamecube like a year ago on ebay

Last edited: Feb 4, 2006
  3. moffat_20

moffat_20 Guest

I have tried this and when i swap the discs the drive doesn't even spin.
    I used GCOS 1.5
    Fullsize Ridisc DVDs
    I'm in the UK

4. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

OK replacement top just lets you used FULL SIZE dvd's instead of mini's. I don't recommend it but really it should not make a difference.

Xerofyre: If you have no luck with mini's than I do not think full sized will do you any good either.

Are you guys ticking "Finalize Disc" when you burn your gamecube games? This may be the reason it isn't loading...

Also, I recommend Ridata minidvd-r's they are what I use and I never have any problems. If those don't work I suggest doing the laser re-adjustment. I haven't tried it myself but I know a lot of people who have so it can't be too hard... I know you softmodders wanted to avoid opening your gamecube but sry that's all I can really think of. I have had my fair share of problems but not the disc not recognized one. Maybe it's the Ritek media, maybe the Pioneer burner, maybe the fact that I use NERO, I don't know.

I can only suggest either getting better blanks or adjusting the lens.

5. moffat_20

moffat_20 Guest

These are games i used to play using PSO so i know they work its just it doesn't even try and read the disc when i swap them

6. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

moffat 20 in this case it's possible that the MDPro exploit doesn't work with fullsize DVDr's. I'll look more into this because it doesn't make any sense!

7. moffat_20

moffat_20 Guest

Thanks anyway i will get some mini dvds to try it out

8. MoaFun

MoaFun Guest

brucedlx what happens when you choose "Boot Game option" with an orignal disk inside ? (just leave the max drive pro disk inside)

9. mr-cube

mr-cube Member

If a Ritek Ridata the same as Ritek G04

what media does gamecube like?

I have heard things about Ritek g05, what is that?

10. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

I use Ritek G04 w/ no problems. G05 shouldn't give you misery either. Something about Ritek Dye I hear....

I don't know what happens if you boot game w/ an original such as the disc itself in the drive because I have never wasted my time bootdisking something original but I can if you really want to know...

11. MoaFun

MoaFun Guest

that could be nice :D if i doesn't bother you too much :p

12. jacckk

jacckk Guest

brucedlx, i am trying to download the gcos 1.5 on this site http://www.dlxserver.com/gcos1.5.rar but my computer wasn't able to open that download gcos what am i doing wrong? pls help coz i want to be able to make it work first meaning be able to download the gcos 1.5 before i buy the max drive pro or should i buy the max drive pro and then worry about downloading the gcos 1.5? pls help and thank you.

13. jacckk

jacckk Guest

brucedlx by the way i am from the us and my computer wont let me open an .rar file so what do i need to do to be able to download the gcos 1.5? pls help me and thank you.

14. MoaFun

MoaFun Guest

.... go to rarlab.com and download WinRar, it allows you to unzip rars

15. jacckk

jacckk Guest

moafun, thank you.

16. jacckk

jacckk Guest

brucedlx, on step 5 you said extract it to a folder how do you do that? anyone who can see this pls help me? thank you.

17. MoaFun

MoaFun Guest

just extract it and pick up the "PSO version" and put it in your maxdrivepro

18. mr-cube

mr-cube Member

what is a good burner and i know you use nero 7 but alot of people say nero 6 is better, what one should I get?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2006
  19. brucedlx

brucedlx Regular member

Jackk: It seems like your having trouble with the most basic steps. I suggest you familiarize yourself further with Windows and the software req'd (WinRAR, Nero, Installing things from minidvd etc) before you follow the tutorial. I wrote my tutorial for those who know how to use the basic essentials of anything downloaded from the net (.rar files included). I'll be glad to help you out though or someone else just post the probs here and we'll work through it.

mr-cube: A good burner is pioneer or NEC. I hear those two work the best for gamecube. I myself have a pioneer 108 DVD+/-R(W) drive. It works flawlessly. I recommend Nero 7 I don't see how Nero 6 is better than it in any way but than again I don't use Nero for anything other than gamecube and data DVD's. What have you heard was better about v6 than 7?

MoaFun: I'll try it tommoorrow and tell you what happens :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2006
  20. MoaFun

MoaFun Guest

when it says meda not recognize is that because its a bad burn or womething else ?

i used tdk disk with a unknown laptop burner nero 7 + finalize