1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial: How to stream bluray to ps3

Discussion in 'Blu-ray players' started by KidKappa, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Autonomic

Autonomic Member

The drive would be FAT32, no problems with that. I thought the whole point of an enclosure with both ethernet and USB was to be able to access it via both? or am I wrong?

Also with regards to the folder names, I thought the movie that you wanted to play had to be in a folder called AVCHD? Or is there another way?

2. odin24

odin24 Regular member

OK... I see what you wish to accomplish. I have an external HDD, with network capabilities. The HDD came with software that would "mount" it's image to my PC as if it were a local drive, however was connected through my router via CAT5e network cable. I would then have it connected to my PS3 with the USB.

I don't know if you could get an internal drive, use an enclosure and have a ethernet connection... I just don't know if it's possible.

In regards to the "AVCHD" thing, yes you are correct. In order to to play a movie in the AVCHD structure the BDMV folder needs to be contained in the AVCHD folder on the root of the HDD. The, obvioulsy you need to use AVCHDMe and rename the contents to comply with the 8.3 naming standard.

3. Autonomic

Autonomic Member

I see...I think I may just go with repeater cables and a normal enclosure...it's slightly cheaper and is more or less sure to work.

Anyway, I've also found out that you can actually select and play more than AVCHD video at a time using multiAVCHD - saving the hassle of renaming files to play a different movie. Awesome.

4. gr8divide

gr8divide Guest

a little help to those having problems streaming hi- definition disc content to your ps3....1st off: when converting HD audio tracks to .w64 with this newest "eac3to and more gui" the converted hd track will not play when streaming. you need to find an older version of "...and more gui" that has the ability to call pcm2tsmu. this is the ONLY way i have been able to get true lossless audio (DTS HDMA and DD THD) to stream to my ps3. for some reason the .w64 file the newest(?) version of "and more gui" is not compatible with streaming. the pcm2tsmu method I stated earlier absolutely works, and i believe it is detailed at the beginning of this thread.
    2nd: i am currently experimenting with hardcode subs using Megui/Avisynth. i have streamed movies that have only occasional english subs scattered throughout the movie, but these seem to have been hardcoded before i do my processing. for movies that are in a completely different language and you need the entire movie subbed, i have read the best way is Megui/ Avisynth hardcoding. i am currently experimenting with this as i write, so i will post/ edit when i get done. hope this helps anyone with the issues i was having.

i have successfully hardcoded subs with the avisynth/Megui method, and it works flawless! just make sure the .sup file ripped from the pgs is in .idx or is converted to that with BDSup2sub (a very simple program to use). again, hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2010
  5. dari0

dari0 Member

Can someone please help me with my bluray stream to ps3 issue? I have followed all the instructions in the beginning of this post to get LPCM audio. After following the process, I ended up with a .m2ts file. When I streamed it on my ps3 with tversity, I noticed that the video was perfect and the audio description said LPCM. However, I couldn't hear any dialog. I could just hear sound effects. What am i doing wrong? :-(