1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial - Make Your Nintendo Wifi USB Connector A SoftAP

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by kcajblue, Sep 4, 2006.

1. roldy

roldy Member

Thank you OP for this setup, I have my nintendo wifi stick working with my DS & my laptop. Of course there's still a roadblock. I cant connect to either device with windows (xp) firewall on, & I cant figure out for the life of me how to add this as an exception. It's not a huge deal to turn off the firewall while using the ds, but the laptop can be in use for hours @ a time.
    Little help?
    thanks
    Roldy

2. saint101

saint101 Member

not sure if this will work but try

control panel>security centre>windows firewall>advanced

then make sure wireless connection is ticked and click ok

but if it still doesnt work, disable windows firewall and download a free one like pc tools firewall (which i have, which i think is better since you can monitor which programs are allowed access to the net and what programs are trying to do. You'll need to allow all traffic in the network adaptors as well for it to work

3. volar

volar Member

since the new wii update this does not work anymore for me how do i undo all of this and get the nintendo stuff working again

4. Negatory

Negatory Member

I have read through this entire tutorial but still have one problem. All of the steps have been properly completed and the access point is working (thank you) on both PSP and Ipod touch. However, It is not working on my DS. I have manually set up the IP to be one digit higher than the Router, set subnet mask same as router, set gateway and dns same as router. I have my SSID properly set also. But My DS cannot connect, I have to unplug the router and plug it back in just for my ds to pick up a signal which it soon loses. I have tried several different programs on the DS to connect with but none work.

5. saint101

saint101 Member

in the asus wlan card setup program, go to config, encryption, and check the network authentication. i think it should be shared for it to work with the ds and maybe change the channel to 11

6. kil8er

kil8er Member

I have got a problem. I used the soft AP for 2 weeks and all works fine. And suddenly this day he said during connection: error code 52101. I am sure I didn't change anything in the config settings etc. The only thing i did that day was trying Win2DS (thats a program of homebrew to control your computer with the ds) In the morning the wifi still works and in the afternoon it gives the error..

The computer has this day a update. You know a bar with: We will restart the computer to instal new updates in 5 minutes or something. So i restarted the computer.

Sorry for my bad english but i am from the netherlands ;)
    Does annybody have the same problem with the wifi since 19-12?

I really don't know what to do...

greets,
    Lucas

7. saint101

saint101 Member

nope no problems here, check network connections and make sure internet connection shairng is enabled on your internet line. it does occasionally stop sharing when something happens to the modem whether its restarted or updated

8. kil8er

kil8er Member

Thx for the fast reply! I haven't fix it yet but maybe the system has replace the original driver file.. (the file in C:/Windows/system32/drivers

I wil do th wolle turturial aggain ;)

9. penikka

penikka Member

In Finnish, it says "Sovelluksen alustus epäonnistui (0x0000005). Lopeta sovellus valitsemalla OK."

I can't translate it, sorry :( But error is 0xc0000005. I did it with these instructions.

Edit: Oh, someone have the same problem..

Last edited: Dec 25, 2008
  10. ominous54

ominous54 Member

I am having trouble with step 4
    I got the dialog asking if I want to use the Windows configuration utility or the ASUS one, I selected the option that uses ASUS one and disables the Windows one, but a wizard did not come up
    i went through step 5 and got to 6
    when i go to start > programs > ASUS Utility > WLAN card > Wireless settings, this message pops up
    [​IMG]
    please help :(

11. bugz581

bugz581 Guest

uhhm i dont know if its too late or if anyone can help me anyways i managed to get everything right:D but when i go to my ipod touch i see my connection it lets me connect but when i go to the internet it doesnt connect:/ HELP PLEASE

12. saint101

saint101 Member

make sure its on channel 11, and the connection is shared. also do you have any firewalls?

13. bugz581

bugz581 Guest

yeah i have firewalls i disabled them. when i go to my network connection one of them say shared and the wireless one says connected, and u lost me in channel 11? what is channel 11

14. saint101

saint101 Member

go to config in the ASUS WLAN card settings

Under Basic check the Channel and put it to 11
    then go encryption and change Network Authentication to shared

and see what happens

15. bugz581

bugz581 Guest

encryption??

16. ryguy93

ryguy93 Member

If someone could help me it would be great!!! I got this working and it was great, but whenver i shutdown or restar my pc i have to reconfigure EVERYTHING!!! ive tried saving the settings in moblie manager and it does nto work!! plz hel if anyone could!! But whoever figured this out is a money saver!! i was gonna buy a new softap for my psp and wii and i found this post!!! anyways coudl you guys or someone help me!!

THANKS

17. gregpars1

gregpars1 Member

when I open up the ASUS WLAN Control Center, i only have 4 tabs under the config option. when I click on the soft ap tab i get the following message. access violation at address 0057403f in module 'wireless.exe'. read of address 027a3744. also in the soft ap tab my local area connection doesn't show up. i am using win xp sp2. under the properties of my local area connection, in the advanced tab, there is no internet connection sharing options at all.

18. gregpars1

gregpars1 Member

also, it doesn't show the buffalo wli-u2-kg54-yb in the network connections page.the tabs that I have under config on the asus wlan card settings go as following. basic encryption soft ap and access control. do I need to update the software?

19. saint101

saint101 Member

i think you have it set as to auto obtain IP instead of manually setting the IP address of the Application

go to network connections>wireless network connection (the buffalo adaptor)>richt click and click properties>under the general tab look for Internet Protocol and click properties

then make sure its "Use this IP address"
    and put in 192.168.0.1 for ip address and
    255.255.255.0 as subnet mask.

20. saint101

saint101 Member

follow the instructional video provided on the first page and you'll see what i mean