1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial - Make Your Nintendo Wifi USB Connector A SoftAP

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by kcajblue, Sep 4, 2006.

1. LucasBlat

LucasBlat Member

PLEASE HELP!

i did what the tutorial say to do, a long time ago...

and then, i canceled everything and decided to return to the nintendo official driver and software...

i was using the official one before using the tutorial one..

but now, the nintendo wi-fi is not working... the wii detect my pc, my pc detect wii, but the wii says:

Error Code:51340

Unable to connect to internet...

i tryied everything.. locking down firewall, deleting registry files, deleting asus drivers.. everything

so please, could someone help me???

thanks

2. saint101

saint101 Member

if the wii is recognised trying to connect to the pc then it might be on the wii's end. have you tried searching for the nintendo device on the wii and then it should test connection then ask to update. if it finds it but cant connect its on the pc end. Check network connections and see if the nintendo device is being shard a connection.

3. LucasBlat

LucasBlat Member

thanks for the answer... so, this is my setting for the connection, its in portuguese, you can understand, but if not, try translating in the web =D:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thank you!

4. saint101

saint101 Member

i think i can see what the problem is. click on the other area connection, the active one and check to make sure that connection is being shared. the nintendo one looks fine as im aware

5. LucasBlat

LucasBlat Member

i didnt understand sorry.. could you write where to click, in engish, no problem, and then i see where in portuguese...

=D

6. LucasBlat

LucasBlat Member

i need to choose between conexao local or nintendo adapter conncetion to set as shared...

i can set only one as shared... and then i choosed the area connection... its now being shared, but the nintendo one not

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  7. seth_mjH

seth_mjH Member

I have done it all twice and both times i got my psp to pick up the connection when i scanned it said 100% but when i pressed test connection it said a connection could not be established.... so then i deleted it re-did it and got the same problem, so then i looked for the differences in what i did and the video, it pops up new hardware nintendo wifi connector, not the buffalo wlan thingy, i deleted all nintendo software first then downloaded the file it says on pg 1 then plugged in the connector, and my internet does not have the wireless picture it does on the video, i would show you but i forgot how to do that :( , if anyone could help me it would be grately appreciated

8. saint101

saint101 Member

set the conexao local as shared and nintendo adapter as not being shared and try to see if the wii will connect to the net now

9. wifiluvr

wifiluvr Member

Whenever I try to open the asus program it says there is no wireless lan card inserted, the utility will open when the card is inserted. The usb adapter with the modded buffalo drivers are installed is plugged in. What should I do?

10. saint101

saint101 Member

the only thing i have to suggest is follow the video posted earlier in the thread and make sure you follow it exactally, other than that i never came across that problem so im not 100% sure how to fix it

11. LucasBlat

LucasBlat Member

i tryed... and nothing... i think theres installed buffalo drivers, and nintendo is using the buffalo driver, or something like this...

because that problem started after the buffalo installation...

is there a way to delete ALL the drivers?

or the problem is of the dns or something like that...

12. LucasBlat

LucasBlat Member

MAAAAAN !!! I DID IT!

IM SO FUC***G HAPPY NOW!

i just deleted the rt2500usb.sys file, and reinstalled the drivers...

=DDD

thanks you anyway man!

13. saint101

saint101 Member

no problem although i didnt have the idea for it lol :p glad to see you got it working

14. seth_mjH

seth_mjH Member

I got my psp to pick up the signal it says 100% signal strength then when i connect it says connection could not be established, i still left it named nintendo wifi connector and not Buffalo connector thingy and it works, but could that effect it, anyone with any info would be appreciated, these are my settings: nintendo wifi connector:
    Let others connect to internet through this connection(don't know if thats suppose to be for this connection or other 1)
    IP:192 168 0 1
    Subnet: 255 255 255 0
    nothing on the rest of the settings
    Local area connection 18:
    IP: 192 168 0 2
    Subnet:255 255 255 0
    PSP:
    IP: 192 168 0 4
    Subnet: 255 255 255 0
    Default: 192 168 0 5
    primary:192 168 0 5
    Secondary:0 0 0 0
    Proxy server: do not use
    Internet browser: do not start
    Wlan card:
    SSID: does not hide: Seth
    Channel:6,and 1,2,3,4,5,11 ive tried
    Encryption:authentication:eek:pen
    encrytion:disabled
    Soft AP: soft AP mode
    Internet local area connection 18 (not sure what to do here)
    enable ics
    Access control:
    Policy: accept
    and i added my mac address

Almost fixed it, under advanced setting it is supposed to be 802.11bonly every time i click it and click ok it goes back 54g can some one help PLZZZZZZZZZZZ

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  15. saint101

saint101 Member

tried changing network authentication to shared or open?

16. seth_mjH

seth_mjH Member

yea i did, its sending but not receiving i think i went through every page some other people had this problem but it did not say how they fixed it. if theres any other suggestions ill try them

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  17. darklinkq

darklinkq Member

I get the "Unable to connect to the wireless lan card. The tray icon will be loaded once the card is inserted."

Is there something I'm missing somewhere?....I followed the steps...and well they get me here...

Note: This is on the Run The Control Center part right after selecting the second option

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009
  18. seth_mjH

seth_mjH Member

solution1:are you sure you uninstalled all of the drivers for nintendo with the disk?

solution 2:I had this problem, so i went back and downloaded all the software and started from the beginning, i found out i was missing 1 part of the step, it is key you do all of the steps in order try using the video.

if your sure you did it right then ill give you other suggestions

19. darklinkq

darklinkq Member

Seems right clicking the file in the driver and clicking install...doesn't quite work for install....seems to be working now though yay

20. seth_mjH

seth_mjH Member

k good,if you have any other questions ill try to answer, because mine wasnt working and i just got it working, i think i read every pg trying to make it work lol

Last edited: Feb 11, 2009