1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial: making mp3 ringtones

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by arcanix, Jun 26, 2005.

1. nuttin_88

nuttin_88 Regular member

I was just wondering, how can i get the ringtones i make to sound louder/clearer? The ones I made do not sound bad but I want them to sound as clear as possible. I'm hearing about bitrates and all that but do not know what it is, is it the higher the bit rate the better the quality? If someone is kind enough to explain to me what it is and what else do i need to edit to make these clearer i will appreciate it.

2. RMajere

RMajere Guest

I have seen people say that they have the same problem I have which is when I press "Encode" it says that the file cannot be found but I haven't heard a clear solution to this problem. If its there and I either didn't see it or understand it, I apologize. If someone can help I would appreciate it. Thanks

3. RMajere

RMajere Guest

I guess I should have asked this also but is this strictly for a Motorola? and if so, what is an option for me? I have a Samsung a-950.

4. arcanix

arcanix Active member

No, this applies to all phones with mp3 ringtones. At the time I had a motorola, so I used it as an example. Your phone has even a mp3-player, so you can use mp3's as a ringtone.

5. RMajere

RMajere Guest

so how do I fix the problem I have when I press "encode"? it says the file cannot be found. thanks

6. arcanix

arcanix Active member

You probably forgot to install lame to the same directory where razorlame is. Get it from the same link as audacity, it's in the first post.

7. RMajere

RMajere Guest

Ok I guess I overlooked downloading LAME. Thanks. Now when I press encode it works but when its done and I put it on my Transflash card under the "My Sounds" folder (which is where I have to put something to make it a ringtone) and put my card back in my phone, the ringtone isn't there. Sorry for all the questions, this is all fairly new to me. Thanks for the help. The thought of paying 3 bucks a ringtone makes me sick. Plus, the songs I want aren't available anywhere. I appreciate the help.

8. arcanix

arcanix Active member

I can't see why you can't see your ringtones. Some phones allow ringtones only from the phone memory, not from the memory card.

9. RMajere

RMajere Guest

Ok, thanks for the help. Ill post on the Samsung board and maybe someone can answer my question there. Thanks again.

10. honda8989

honda8989 Guest

Ok. I have a Motorola T720 and my cell phone service is basically unknown. Its called "Centennial Wireless" I think its either a small company, or only based in a few states. They do not sell ringtones, so I have been on every ringtone site there is, and no one supports my carrier. I bought a Data cable, and a minidisk with the driver on it. I installed the driver and plugged my phone in. I have tried several cell phone data transferring programs including Xingtone, Mobile Phone Tools, and MOBILedit. These programs all recognize the phone, but Xingtone does not support my carrier, i tried sending a ringtone using MPT, but the ringtone icon was unusable. As for MOBILedit, I have had the most luck with, but I dont know how to send, and when I think I have it, i get an error box. I think the clip may have to be in that own programs format. I tried sending in WAV and MP3, but no luck. Also, even though my driver is installed, and my cell phone is connected to my computer via USB data cable, I open up "My Computer" and it is not listed under "Devices with removable storage." If someone can PLEASE give me some useful information on how to send a ringtone to my phone. I have been on almost every cell phone/electronics forums having to register on a new one everyday gets old. I have also sent emails to several companies including motorola and mobiledit, but have not gotten a response from anyone. Please help me. This has been bothering me for quite some time. Thank you in advance,
    Ryan

11. katin

katin Member

thx for putting this together arcanix! its really helpful!!

i have mpt now, but it's asking for a serial number. :( :(

any help?

12. arcanix

arcanix Active member

What is asking a serial number? All programs you need are free.

13. katin

katin Member

Mobile Phone Tools -- for transfering the mp3 files to my phone. :( :(

14. neyney

neyney Member

i made a ringtone using cool edit pro (in .wav format) now how do i get the ringtone to my phone? can someone please give me step by step directions. (i have a razor)

15. neyney

neyney Member

After i follow arcanix 's directions on the first page, how do i get my ringtone to my phone? (motorola v3) please help!

16. jrid06

jrid06 Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2006
  17. RMajere

RMajere Guest

Ok, I can get my .WAV file to my transflash card and can listen to it IF I put it in my MP3 file folder. However, when I put it into my MY SOUNDS folder (which is where it needs to be to be used as a ringtone) it DOESN'T show up on my phone. It will show up on the computer but it's absent when I try to access it on my phone. The files I have put on my phone end in .MID. Is this a reason why my .WAV files don't show up? Thanks for the help.

18. Psom310

Psom310 Member

Using the directions, I was able to easily create my own mp3 ringtone file. However, I am having trouble getting the file into my Motorola Razr V3. I do not have a USB cable and have tried e-mailing it to my t-mobile phone # but the msg indicates that the file was "dropped." Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanx in advance,
    P

19. Amydo

Amydo Guest

I have a Motorola V3 Razr and have created mp3 ringtones and even gotten them in the sounds folder on my phone, is there any way to have them listed in the Ringtones folder on the phone like the ones you buy and download from T-Mobile? Does Motorola Phone Tools do this? I'd like to customize peoples rings with ones I create but cannot do that with them in the sounds folder....I was wondering if MPT does this before I buy it....let me know, thank you!!

20. Beach1220

Beach1220 Guest

i have a V551, and i followed all the steps. i edited with audacity, and converted with razorlame etc. my song is about 25 sec long and 100kb if that would cause any problems. i emailed from my comp to my phone using that MMS thing, and when i get the message it says that it deleted one or more of the components. i was wondering if i did something wrong, or if its too big of a file to send, or if cingular is just being greedy, and filtering out ringtone mp3s in messages.
    Thanks.