1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial: making mp3 ringtones

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by arcanix, Jun 26, 2005.

1. backlash2

backlash2 Member

Hi i know how to make the ringtone but when i go to mail it to mynumber@vzwpix.com it never comes. Its a verizon phone

Last edited: Jun 15, 2007
  2. Romb

Romb Member

3. ptkut

ptkut Member

I have the razr v3m and thought i had to download a bunch of programs to put mp3s on my phones. But i dont, all i do was put mp3s on the Microsd card and copy em to the phone and apply as ringtone and it works even with full mp3 songs.

4. playhalo2

playhalo2 Member

hey arcanix I can't see your pictures. can you give me a link to them?

edit: also, I have a Moto Razr V3c and have a usb cable & the drivers for my phone. I can see it in the device manager, but how do I get my ringtones from audacity onto it? I have MOBILedit 2.4, but it doesn't detect my phone. It did recognize it once, but then it just stopped... I don't know what I did. Can anybody help me out?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2007
  5. robidy9

robidy9 Member

Easy way to Make ringtones for free via email. Heres my tut...Click Here

6. century21

century21 Member

I do all my ringtones at www.styleyourmobile.com. nice and convenient way AND you get exactly the ringtone file format the mobile need - just upload, edit and download it over the air cause I hate the hassle of checking filesizes, fileformats like amr, smaf, etc. and getting the phone hooked up to the computer.

7. djcb

djcb Member

I'm glad that everyone is using audacity, all you do is edit the song and well in my case i then convert it to mp3 then blue tooth to my phone. As you guys said why pay $5 for a ring tone ?

8. lambface

lambface Member

yep audacity is the way forward - great bit of freeware. To be honest most of the sites that charge subscriptions and stuff are basically taking advantage of people who dont know/ understand what they are signing up to.

we're putting together a site with free mp3 ringtones people have made of different underground genres like drum and bass, grime, old skool rave etc so if you make any good ones please send it to us the URL is

mjelly.com

cheers

you can find a contact form on there

9. Romb

Romb Member

10. campsoup

campsoup Member

I am trying to upload a ringtone to my Katana DLX, I was wondering what filetypes the ringtone should be and how to you upload it to the phone by the microSD card? I can not use wireless web. I already know how to copy mp3s to play as songs on the phone via the microSD card.

Thanks,
    Campsoup

11. poolpro

poolpro Regular member

I have the new Razr 2 V9M for Sprint and was wondering what file formats it supports because I want to transfer ringers to my phone. What do I need to do all this? I have the Micro USB data cable.What else do I need?

12. Schwaber

Schwaber Regular member

Ok everyone, I need some help. I just bought motorola KRZR and Am trying to make my mp3 songs as a ringtone. The problem is, it won't let me. I can play and listen to them in my phone but can't set it as the main ringtone. I even moved the mp3 file to my phone memory (coming from the memory card) I dunno what the problem is but I know for sure that it should show some kind of option that would let me apply it as my ringtone.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE :D

13. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Your phone may have a maximum MP3 length for ringtones. Some phones require an MP3 to be less than a maximum length, such as 30 seconds, to apply it as a ringtone.

14. Schwaber

Schwaber Regular member

Even still. I tried putting a 30sec song(edited using Audacity) and I still can't use it as my ringtone...

15. airball

airball Regular member

I have a Moto v325. I followed the directions and emailed the finished ring tone to my cell via verizon's mms gateway. I received the text message on my phone but now I don't know what to do. How do I access the attachment so that I can use it as a ring tone?

16. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Will this work with the Razr 2 V9M?

17. 1aron

1aron Member

After Googling, Sprint forums with no replys, and many Days on the net, I have come to the conclusion that about all I'm going to be able to do with the Data cable is up-load pictures to and from phone to computer and vise versa.
    I thought I was going to be able to create and upload Ring tone to the phone from the computer , already made My Voice Tones, I hate music tones.
    The Voice tones I made starts with a classic phone ringing, then the Voice says ,Bobby calling from home, I have made up enough to cover all My contacts.
    And now I don't think I will be able to use the cable to upload them to the phone. Because of no software for the i850.
    Going to have to rack My pea brain on the net trying to see if there is another way without bankrupting Myself.
    For what I paid for the i850 you would think there would be software to do ring tones ,I noticed cheaper phones have software that will let you do all kinds of things.
    If anybody finds software for the i850 let Me know Please

18. tomtom007

tomtom007 Member

19. tomtom007

tomtom007 Member

20. LneWlf

LneWlf Member

Hey guys, j/w how long can a ringtone be max? (time limit)

Thx.

D.