1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial - playing perfect GC backups on mini-dvd's(direct boot, no swapping, no PSO/memory card BS)

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by poodude, Sep 29, 2005.

1. poomonsta

poomonsta Member

Hi! First off, you have a wonderful and detailed tutorial!

I'm trying to install my qoob pro, but I'm having a bit of trouble with that dreadful 5V wire! I've tried sanding the gold spot and I still haven't had any luck. I've been at this thing for almost 10 hours straight! I've had many problems, but I've been able to fix all of them except that darn 5V wire!

I did see the qoob boot screen once while testing to see if it worked. I thought I had it so I screwed everything back in, but when I booted it up it was the same old Nintendo boot.

I read somewhere on these boards that there was an alternate place to solder the red wire. Do you know whereabouts that place might be? It was something about following the circuit to some chip. I'm not too sure that spot exists, so do you have any further tips on the soldering of that wire other than sanding? I've yet to try the rubbing alchohol yet--I think I'll do that tomorrow. I need sleep, lol.

Thanks in advance!

2. poodude

poodude Member

I feel your pain. If you've already roughed it up a bit, dip a cotton swab in isopropoal alcohol(not rubbing). Clean off the contact point with it. If you have flux it would be a good idea to put a little on the wire and a little on the contact point. Drop a little bead of solder on the point and put the wire over it. Heat the wire with the soldering iron until the wire pushes into the solder on the point. You could even apply a little solder as you are putting the wire on the point. I haven't heard of an alternate solder point. Hope that helps.