1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV and Speakers

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by etowneric, Jul 10, 2004.

1. etowneric

etowneric Guest

My receiver runs a dvd player, vcr, and a xbox. I love it and all but i realized that if i just want to watch tv i can't play the audio through the speakers. I have maxed out all of my ports in the receiver. I was thinking about running the coax cable through the vcr and trying to watch tv with the vcr on but I'm not quite sure if that will work.

I know this is probably a very simple question but I appreciate a response because right now I feel like I'm wasting my money on these speakers.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

You can use your video as a TV Tuner with the aerial through it. It just means that you keep your TV on the video channel and change channel with the Video remote. Well, thats the most basic way to do it. There are others im sure.

3. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Yes will work, if you can get a TV cable to the VCR (are you on cable?) then you can just play the VCR audio through the reciever. It's an MTS stereo VCR right?
    Since you already have cable to the TV, you could ignore the video output from the VCR and use only its sound.
    If your TV has component inputs/outputs, you could send the TV audio output to your reciever instead; any input will work (tape1, vcr2, whatever) as long as it is not Phono (turntable) input.
    If the reciever is full-full, can't find even one little stereo input, then I guess go with Plan A...
    You will also be able to watch 1 show whilst taping another (bonus).
    Regards

4. etowneric

etowneric Guest

thanks so much for the help guys.