1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV and VCR to my computer

Discussion in 'Digital TV - UK & Europe' started by jznelly, Jun 22, 2003.

1. jznelly

jznelly Guest

Basically i want to be able to put things from my VCR onto my computer in MPEG or AVI. Does anyone know what a good hardware and software to do this is?

2. Spotter77

Spotter77 Guest

Many graphics cards like Geforce Ti series can capture video. Software depends on hardware you are using. VirtualDub and Avisynth are exelent for processing captures clips
    You´ll brobably need VCR with SCART or S-video output and cable that looks like this.
    http://www.bdog.fi/cgi-bin/netstore/tuote.pl?tuote=079500003731

3. jznelly

jznelly Guest

ok, cool....thanks

4. statman

statman Member

All you really need is a capture card and capture software. I use wintv by hauppage. Im sure there are better ones, but this one is usb plug n play and I have a laptop so it works great for me. No cables, just plug the tv cable directly into the card, plug the card to your computer via usb and install the software that comes with it. It comes with capture software that I never could get to work right, so I use WinVDR software. Very cheap and very easy to use also. Thats it. You will only need to buy cables if you want to display the movies from your pc to your tv, but thats another story.