1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV card help!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by kebongski, Dec 11, 2005.

1. kebongski

kebongski Member

Ok, so a year ago, i bought a pinaccle tv card with softawre included. it ran fine. that was when i was in win2k. now i am in winxp, and whenever i use the software, it crashes! but in win2k, it doesnt... i dont wanna switch to win2k evrytime i use the tv card... its just so much hassle!pls help!

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

3. kebongski

kebongski Member

oh sorry, the version is PCTV Pro 5.50. i dont know about the model... pls, this is driving me nuts!

4. Nicklt

Nicklt Regular member

Hi, i had a similiar problem, all i did was have the computer in windows 2k and uninstalled the software and TV card. Then re-installed it back on to Windows XP, worked fine then.

5. kebongski

kebongski Member

Ill try that...

u mean, in win2k remove the drivers for the TV Card, software and everything related to it THEN reinstall in xp?

and pls explain it more further? tnx...

6. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

7. Nicklt

Nicklt Regular member

Right, this is exactly what i did. I had my PC in Win2K and Uninstalled all drivers and software related to the TV tuner card, then i uninstalled the card itself, in that order. Then i took out the TV tuner card from the PC and installed WinXP, then re-inserted the TV tuner card and re-installed it, then installed all drivers and software back onto the PC, I re-started the PC after every step, Try that. Hopefully it'll work