1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Episodes to DVD-R/PAL to NTSC

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Roswell23, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Roswell23

Roswell23 Member

I have a Season of TV shows that I purchased through Amazon UK, therefore they are Region 2 or PAL format. I would like to burn these on DVD-R for a friend, and would like to convert them to NTSC format. I would also like to keep the menus at the very least - there's not much extras on the discs, anyway. There's 4 or less eps per disc and there are 5 discs total. Am I asking too much or can this be done? Any response and/or help would be appreciated.

Would you be prepared if gravity reversed itself? The only thing I can't figure out is how to keep the change in my pockets. I've got it. Nudity.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2005
  2. brobear

brobear Guest

Do not change your drive's region setting.
    http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html (21 day trial)
    This app may be just what you need for the region difference and the NTSC and PAL difference. It discusses these things in the product description. You'll need to use a DVD recording program. If you don't have one, DVD Shrink is free and has editing capabilities. http://www.dvdshrink.info has some virtual guides to run you through it's use. Using Shrink, you may need to download the trial version of Nero to do the burning part of the recording. You can learn what you need from the Shrink guides. BTW, the Nero Vision Express 3 does some file conversions in case you may need it at some point.

3. Roswell23

Roswell23 Member

Thanks so much for the help...I already have Nero Burning Rom if that's what you're talking about...It came with my CD Burner. I'll try that and let you know if it works.

4. brobear

brobear Guest

Use AnyDVD running in the background, run Shrink like the guide says and let Nero burning ROM handle the burn automatically. That's a simple way of doing it. You can edit with Shrink as you feel the need and learn.