1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Guide Online Listings for the Panasonic e85 Anyone still receiving ?

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by scustalow, Nov 25, 2008.

1. scustalow

scustalow Member

Mine quit a few weeks back..and I cant seem to get it back no matter how many resets and zip codes I use..any idea's..I live on the East Coast USA

2. FurryFace

FurryFace Member

TV Guide still comes in quite regular here on the West Coast with Comcast. Somebody else posted this great link. You enter your ZIP code and it will tell you whether the TV Guide is still available in your area:

http://digitaltransition.macrovision.com/

3. scustalow

scustalow Member

Would I have to have a converter box hooked to my recorder for it to pick up the tvguide? since as I understand it my recorder doesnt have a digital tuner

4. FurryFace

FurryFace Member

You can only get TV Guide information via an antenna until the analog cutoff early next year OR you subscribe to analog cable. A converter box won't help.

If you have analog cable and the Macrovision link says the TV Guide is available in your area, then you should get the TV Guide. Have you ever brought up the TVGuide debug screen?

To access the TVGOS debug info on Panasonic DVD recorders:

1. Bring the TV Guide On Screen up on your TV

2. Press the 'up arrow' once to get to the top menu and then scroll to the right until you get to the "Messages" tab

3. Press Enter on the remote

4. Enter 753159852

Look for entries on the 1st page called Host Chan and VBI Chan. If they say 0x0 then you aren't getting any TVGuide data. Usually the Host and VBI Chan will be the local PBS station. Press exit to exit the screen.

Also try pressing and holding the power button when the E85 is on. It will eventually go completely off. It also erases the promo ads that reside on the hard disc, sometimes that area gets cluttered with junk. Turn the machine on, it will Please Wait, then come back up, press the power button again, should come completely up. Then turn off and wait a day, hopefully you'll get something.

My E85 wasn't receiving any data for over a week with Comcast cable, the Host and VBI entries were zero, usually they should be channel 9. Now it's pulling stuff in and everything is catching up. Did the power down procedure last night, that may have something to do with things working now.

5. scustalow

scustalow Member

My Host Chan says 0x0 I did the power down thing maybe that will work..do I need to have the last chan veiwed to be on pbs or does it matter?

Look for entries on the 1st page called Host Chan and VBI Chan. If they say 0x0 then you aren't getting any TVGuide data. Usually the Host and VBI Chan will be the local PBS station. Press exit to exit the screen.

Also try pressing and holding the power button when the E85 is on. It will eventually go completely off. It also erases the promo ads that reside on the hard disc, sometimes that area gets cluttered with junk. Turn the machine on, it will Please Wait, then come back up, press the power button again, should come completely up. Then turn off and wait a day, hopefully you'll get something.

6. FurryFace

FurryFace Member

The TVGuide signal was acting up in several areas of the country last week, reading the posts on the same issue at the AVS Forum website. Things seem to be back up now. No, it doesn't matter what channel your E85 is on when you turn it off. It will either find the host channel or not, there's no way to control where it looks. Just make sure you've configured the thing for your type of service, it asks you all those questions when you power up from a complete reset.

As for the complete power down procedure, be sure to turn your E85 back on, I think you have to do it twice. And then press the power button to turn it off as you would regularly. The correct term when the E85 is "off" is to say the machine is in standby mode. Just don't want there to be any confusion here.

7. fritcht

fritcht Member

Mine quit updating the TV Guide listing a few weeks ago also. No cable box attached, just direct cable. I subscribe to RCN in the Lehigh Valley, PA area and no matter what I do, I can not get the TV Guide to update. Any ideas?

8. scustalow

scustalow Member

I still cant get any tvguide listings..I have suddenlink ..on channel 97 is where the tvguide is..but without a cable box I cant see it..should I try a cable box or call suddenlink

9. rcowen

rcowen Member

My Panasonic DVR (DMR-EH50) can not load the TV Guide after numerous re-sets (it does get the correct channel line-up). It is directly conntected to cable (Brighthouse Network, Farmington Hills, MI). TV Guide stopped working about 10 days ago.

The Host Chan shows 0xB16 and the VBI Chan shows 0x18.
    My local PBS channel is 11.

Any ideas/suggestions greatly appreciated.

10. scustalow

scustalow Member

so after feb no one will get the tv guide listings ?

11. scustalow

scustalow Member

anyone??..is there any dvd recorder out there that will do the tvguide listing like this panasonic does?

12. starrig

starrig Member

No, that's not true. Take a look at the end of the thread on U-99 errors, as there's a lot of info about this. I'm currently experiencing an interruption, but a call to my PBS station netted the information that there's a problem, and they're working to fix it.

13. scustalow

scustalow Member

Will Tv Guide still show up when all the stations are converted over to digital? or will there be some that will stay analog?