1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV-Out (TV Screen) is black and white after updating Nvidia drivers

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Rswave2k2, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Rswave2k2

Rswave2k2 Member

I use tv out on my computer to watch movies on my computer (in color). But after updating my nvidia drivers. Now the screen is black and white.

2. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

If you are using Windows XP --- Undo Changes to your PC with System Restore.

3. Rswave2k2

Rswave2k2 Member

I have it disabled. Is it a bug with the latest drivers? Or should I uninstall and reinstall

4. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Uninstall the drivers and put the old one back --- Nvidia drivers are known to be very capricious. -- If all is well dont change the drivers !

5. Rswave2k2

Rswave2k2 Member

I uninstalled my drivers and used drivercleaner to clean everything nvidia then I reinstall the new drivers and it worked. Thanks for the help.

6. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Great --- That's Nvidia for you -- like I said they are very capricious !! Smiles !!

Glad you got it back to normal.. REgards

7. Techstyln

Techstyln Member

Hey guyz, I seem to be having the same issue - black & white output after installing new Nvidia Drivers on XP. I would love to go back to the older version, but unfortunately the install disk seems to have disappeared, would anyone have a copy of the older drivers to share? Would be much appreciated.

8. Techstyln

Techstyln Member

Another quick question.. What version of the old driver should I use?

9. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

[bold]Techstyln[/bold]

Here's where you can use the Private Message button --

Look at [bold]Rswave2k2 [/bold] post and click that button on the top Right corner to ask him !

I dont have the drivers , I just steered him on how to fix that black screen !

Regards

10. Rswave2k2

Rswave2k2 Member

its a bug i guess with updating. download this program called drivercleaner. search yahoo for it. then uninstall the nvidia drivers. then use drivercleaner select nvidia and remove all nvidia stuff. then restart, after restart you computer shouldnt have any drivers for your card and wont be able to know what it is. then install the latest drivers and it should work.

11. emazur

emazur Member

Oct 12, 2004:
    I had the same problem with 61.77 drivers (when "upgrading" from 53.03), and fixed it by uninstalling from add/remove from control panel, then going to this site:
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=10
    They have many older versions of the drivers, I went for the last version that had microsoft whql certification:
    ForceWare 61.72 Windows 2000/XP WHQL
    So you get new drivers that work, are certified, and aren't so much older than latest 61.77. I'm happy now, hope it works for you too.